• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
I have no idea how falcon went from being one of my favorite match ups to my second most jated gawdd i do not play this game enough to keep up. put a fork in me, im done. I don't have the resources to improve let alone i play once every two months. it isnt the same anymore.

doubt i will ever be done.

random emo post #5831

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You arent? Ganon maintenance is a joke compared to the other characters lol. But I did watch it, you definitely use mainly Bairs, uairs, jabs and great positioning to beat him. Freaking Falco lol.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Falco on FD? Learn the chaingrab. If you can get it solid after any percent and up from there you have a guaranteed kill in your hands. ASDI tricks help--crouch canceling stuff helps...wavedash OoS is very useful against his lasers and aerial game if you are spaced properly away. Falco has to be dealt with in his approaches...and if you can't either shut down or make the lasers unable to combo on you then you're going to lose the match up frequently.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
****, just realized I meant asdi down + away-ish and not in, and i meant the actual impressive shield grabs. more than anything I was just trying to put emphasis on the fact that it's good timing more than anything opposed to insert cookie cutter ganon board post here.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Jesus I just found a godly edge gimmick that allows you to immediately get to a platform on battlefield. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous (because it is), but you RLD to an edge cancelled dair and immediately double jump onto the platform. You can also perfect waveland on the platform and come down with a bair. Kinda like the hax recovery only more badass. Note: only attempt this if you are spider_sense.

god I'm a ****in nerd

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Jesus I just found a godly edge gimmick that allows you to immediately get to a platform on battlefield. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous (because it is), but you RLD to an edge cancelled dair and immediately double jump onto the platform. You can also perfect waveland on the platform and come down with a bair. Kinda like the hax recovery only more badass. Note: only attempt this if you are spider_sense.

god I'm a ****in nerd
Man, you must have to be frame perfect. With marth, on BF, I love wd backwards off the stage and immediately DJ forward and waveland onto the platform (like half of that "hax recovery" you just mentioned lol. Do you know how many times I tried this with Ganon because I thought it looked possible?? Too many times. It looked so close but now I know it must be possible and it's really fast. WD backwards off ledge, to frame perfect DJ and forward DI, to perfect waveland on platform. very fast and sneaky. I need to try this next time I get a chance.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I tried to do the Uair regrab on the ledge but damn you have like 1 frame to do it successfully with the regrab. Pretty tough, if you miss it.. oh my.. lol..

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yo Dave, that's what I thought too, but I just can't get it for some reason. I can only get on the platform when I edge cancel a fair/dair. I know it doesn't make any sense, but I've tried it multiple times. The only reason I even found this out was because I tried to RLD edge cancel dair to fair (whiff bait) and jumped too quickly lol.

kage, protip: don't use the c stick or x/y. Just pull back slightly on the control stick and flick it up while pressing a

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah I wonder why that is the case also. Maybe it's possible with the wd and I'm just not fast enough, I have no idea.

Yeah Kage I do it Joe's way... fast 1/4 circle rotation form out to up and A. And yes, it's risky, you either have it down or you don't **** with it.

DarkMagicX2

The Worst Ganondorf Ever
NNID
DarkMagicX2
3DS FC
5386-7375-0560
Out of curiosity, what character(s) make good team partners for Ganondorf? I've been toying with the idea that Samus might be a good partner, but I'm a scrub, so that doesn't matter. If anybody has some experience with teaming as Ganondorf, I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Out of curiosity, what character(s) make good team partners for Ganondorf? I've been toying with the idea that Samus might be a good partner, but I'm a scrub, so that doesn't matter. If anybody has some experience with teaming as Ganondorf, I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
A good Jiggs, Peach, Fox mainly are your best bet. I guess Pika could be good too but he has to be able to handle 2v1 situations a lot, he needs to have great movement and avoid stuff. Id say Marth and Falco are borderline.

And then you can do team overkill Falcon/Ganon or double Ganon. Only use this team if you feel the power and can crush enemies. But for real, that team.. is a momentum changer, if you both have good mastery of your character and have good teamwork you can totally win by annihilating the opposite team with a few hits. If you can land team combos.. omg... lol. The problem with that team is having good positions to do that, they get hit a lot but if you have good defense then you can turn it around. This was my team for years along with my best friend back in the old days and we actually managed to beat Bam/Vwins in a best of 5 back when I was getting good. We had played that team for a few years already so we were comfortable getting good hits but ya that team id recommend to train it a lot before attempting.. lol. You NEED to know how to team combo and getting the positions for the best punishes, also double techchase with your partner a lot to cover options.

DarkMagicX2

The Worst Ganondorf Ever
NNID
DarkMagicX2
3DS FC
5386-7375-0560
First of all, thanks for the reply.

I think I can see the advantage of Jiggs and Fox, but how does Peach make a good partner? Maybe I don't watch enough good Peaches but to me it seems like her movement is more restricted than Ganondorf's and I thought that was something I was trying to avoid. I'm not trying to argue the opposite, I just want to know the rational for that answer. It took me by surprise.

Other than that, thanks for the advice, I know a few Falcon mains around me. If I can convince them to get better, I'll totally try that team out for awhile.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I personally like teaming with Fox, Peach and sometimes Falco. Fox is pretty good because he can set up some nasty combos with Ganon, same thing goes for Peach but it's god sent when you team with a Peach player that can edge guard pretty good; with Falco it can be tricky because you can't hurt him and you both have to be mindful of the lasers. Other than that I feel Ganon can pretty much team with the majority of the cast and still do pretty well. It just comes down to the players and their chemistry.

Renth

Smash Hero
Peach is by far my favorite team mate.

now that eikelmann and I are trying to be static team mates.. its saafe to say he is the only thing keeping me playing this game.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
First of all, thanks for the reply.

I think I can see the advantage of Jiggs and Fox, but how does Peach make a good partner? Maybe I don't watch enough good Peaches but to me it seems like her movement is more restricted than Ganondorf's and I thought that was something I was trying to avoid. I'm not trying to argue the opposite, I just want to know the rational for that answer. It took me by surprise.

Other than that, thanks for the advice, I know a few Falcon mains around me. If I can convince them to get better, I'll totally try that team out for awhile.
It's because both Peach and Ganon thrive on chaos. Peach can put the opponents in bad positions pretty easily and then when the Peach starts getting reads with dsmash for example.. just imagine the damage you can rack up in a few seconds.. just Peach dsmash into Ganon Fair = pretty much death. Ganon needs to control the center as much as possible as it would be easier to trap opponents that way while your partner tries to create opportunities. (Of course you both try to do that but I think it should be Peach's role mainly) You should try to sit back and help Peach in anyway possible, support her. Peach's great movement allows for baits to be easily seen, like let's say Peach is Nairing your shield with jab pressure.. The opponent will have to do something and move away by rolling or jumping so then you can be behind Peach and either rollchase or chase the jump with an aerial. Then Peach can just edgeguard. I feel that they can control the pace of the match very well because the opponents will be scared of getting hit only once. The weakness is obviously bad movement and off-stage game, at least Peach can help Ganon pretty good out there but its too risky for Ganon to go out there to help Peach. He would need instead to establish the threat on-stage at all times, if he can then Peach can recover very easily. So I mean, I think the team itself has way more strengths than weaknesses but those weaknesses really need to be taken care of or else the team will fall apart. Make sure to stick together and create chaotic situations, their team combos are really simple too.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Having good teamwork can really make a lot of teams viable so I'd say it would be more on the player to increase his awareness when fighting. Also, it's good to have a varied style in teams so you can adapt to pretty much any situations. Having good communication goes along with it, you dont want to start having the same ideas or trample over everybody lol.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
The matches weren't close between Bizz and me (sorry Bizz, still <3 and you were tired from finals).

I'm going to whoop Kage so bad at Evo. Better get that ****ty secondary of yours prepped.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Peach is by far my favorite team mate.

now that eikelmann and I are trying to be static team mates.. its saafe to say he is the only thing keeping me playing this game.
Ganondorf is my favourite teammate, so this works out perfectly for me.

Also, I find it funny that I'm now the one keeping YOU playing this game, when some years ago it was the other away around.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Joe I got that perfect waveland on the lower BF platform from a WD off the ledge for the very first time just now. Talk about having to be PERFECT. Damn. You only have a 1 frame window to hit R and waveland. I landed on the platform shielding a few times. And yes, it is definitely easier off an edge cancelled aerial. I wonder if that gives your DJ some more height (like 1 pixel)?

Upke

Smash Journeyman
It might just give you a visual cue that subconsciously makes you react faster, seeing as going from any aerial's animation to the regular falling animation is a quick and jarring switch and thus much easier to notice.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea dude, that window is TIGHT. I've honestly just given up on the WD off double jump method. Besides, edge cancelling an aerial looks more badass anyway. I don't think it gives you anymore height, I think it's kind of like Upke said, it's just more visually sound: when your dair hits the stage, press y. I'm getting pretty consistent with it now too, which is nice... but only on the right side of the stage at the moment.

I truly believe that this recovery could really change up your edge game if used properly (and not overused, just like anything else) and get yourself out of edge pressure. If your opponent is one of those players who sits on the platform and then waits for you to get up so he can attack you (which is SO annoying, I always end up throwing up my shield and getting pressured that way), this can solve that problem. I mean, look at hax on the ledge. He rarely gets punished for being on the ledge.

I also end up throwing my shield and just standing on the platform a lot too, Dave. Lol everything has to be literally 100% perfect if you want to do this.

... Man I wanna play melee now...

Top Bottom