• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
yeah. he made my first round pound 5 pool really hard. i had him, blunted object (canada) and vanz. at first i thought i was going to make it out, and then i realized who harriet the guy was and i was like...really? lol.

do you know who harriet lost to in winners bracket, renth? seems kind of early for him to have been in losers anway...
Hungrybox? Not sure, I'll ask him next time I talk to him. Florida players are monsters being in losers early in no shameful thing

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Im not gonna say who knocked me into losers.only that they got really lucky and use a really really stupid character.

Shoutouts to renths 0-deaths and spidey's comebacks.

Wait till you see my hybrid ganon.

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I could be interpreting this wrong, but it sounds like you got beaten by a Kirby main. I should go look at the tournament thread to see who you lost to.

Renth

Smash Hero
I could be interpreting this wrong, but it sounds like you got beaten by a Kirby main. I should go look at the tournament thread to see who you lost to.
Don't waste your time, I'll save you the trouble of looking at the bracket that is posted on the page.

he lost to

RockCrock

Thank you Harriet for the compliments, I'll zero death you more in the future :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
But RockCrock uses an insanely awesome character, not a really really stupid character.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Wow that's pretty impressive that he beat him with Ganon. It's a hard matchup and Harriet knows it well. Do you know if it got recorded? It's not up yet if it did.

Renth

Smash Hero
Wow that's pretty impressive that he beat him with Ganon. It's a hard matchup and Harriet knows it well. Do you know if it got recorded? It's not up yet if it did.
Do not know i'll posting ganon matches here as they go up so what you see is what you get.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
**** **** **** **** balls

lost to zhu again and to baka, a peach player... 5th place in a so-cal tournament. super disappointed in myself. i could've gotten 2nd.

i hope that the matches will be uploaded soon for critique

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Everyone has off days and/or makes mistakes.

I'm looking forward to learning from the vids.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
it wasn't an off day besides rustiness, he 3-0'd me convincingly.

i'm starting to think that the peach-ganon match-up is pretty bad (at top level) after being beaten by armada and baka.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I don't know about you, but from my limited experience in the matchup, I'd hate go be rusty going into it. The only matchup that'd be worse to be rusty in is the Sheik matchup.

Superspright

Smash Lord
it wasn't an off day besides rustiness, he 3-0'd me convincingly.

i'm starting to think that the peach-ganon match-up is pretty bad (at top level) after being beaten by armada and baka.
It's probably 55-45 at worst [I probably have too much faith in Ganon]. Gotta exploit the hell out of her slow aerial speed, and avoid float-canceled shenanigans. I think light-shielding needs to be exploited more here. Sucks that grabs are so hard to get since they are straight cash.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Kage, I'm really impressed with your appearance at the end of your video, especially because of the fact that English is not your native language (I think).

I dunno, baka DI'd out of every one of my d-throws perfectly, to the point where i had to double-jump to have at least a slight chance of hitting him with my b-air. I am really looking forward to the video to see my mistakes.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage, I'm really impressed with your appearance at the end of your video, especially because of the fact that English is not your native language (I think).

I dunno, baka DI'd out of every one of my d-throws perfectly, to the point where i had to double-jump to have at least a slight chance of hitting him with my b-air. I am really looking forward to the video to see my mistakes.
What? You could always d-throw into nair, DD Fair even, uair.. they all work depending on where she DI.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
haha aside from baka, i remember doing a warlock punch recovery against Zhu in tournament (actually was serious about this choice), and he was so confused. hilarious decision

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
somehow, i trust bizz on this one. i think it's more likely that on grabs, you didn't act as soon as you could. i know characters have different weights which allow you to move sooner or later after a throw, so i think it may have been that you were losing time there which allowed her go end up at good spots that are hard to reach.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
If you're frame perfect on a dthrow nair on peach, is it possible to hit her with both hits of the nair? I seem to remember magus saying something about that and, well, it is magus. Although I suppose it is also dependent on DI?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I was on fire during tonights play. Expect pseudo tosay marth is broken

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Ike is brokener. He's like a cross between Ganon and Marth, but almost everything Ganon does he does better. If you ever play PM, just use Ike and play him like Ganon. You'll do better than you would if you played Ganon.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Raph, I was very relieved when you said P:M. For a second there, I thought you were trying to bring brawl into this. Yea, I haven't actually tried out P:M demo 2 yet, supposedly it's pretty tight tho. They really did a good job with it.

Top Bottom