• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
No, so f*cking wack. I actually don't know why there wasn't a stream and didn't know until I had been there for a few hours.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
tfw you play Garr and he 3 stocks your Ganon
tfw I play Marth on Yoshi's and actually take a game.

After experimenting a lot this weekend with Sheiks, I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to play the Ganon v Sheik matchup and I want to work more on my marth for that matchup. It's honestly just too easy for Sheik to take stocks on you, especially when she even has a remote idea of what she is doing. There is nothing enjoyable about that match for me except chaingrabbing her to death, which I did to some unfortunate Sheiks in friendlies and they were surprised that I could do that, so maybe I got that going for me? Idk, it's the only thing I actually like about that matchup. **** everything else about it.

Saturday I played Marth as much as I could vs Sheiks, and many games were much closer, despite my Marth being rather rusty and not really a great Marth in the first place. Definitely gonna want more practice in that matchup. I wish I had gotten more Peach experience at Big House 5, but at least I got enough to get into the habit of catching turnips and throwing them immediately. **** is mad fun.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
tfw you play Garr and he 3 stocks your Ganon
tfw I play Marth on Yoshi's and actually take a game.

After experimenting a lot this weekend with Sheiks, I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to play the Ganon v Sheik matchup and I want to work more on my marth for that matchup. It's honestly just too easy for Sheik to take stocks on you, especially when she even has a remote idea of what she is doing. There is nothing enjoyable about that match for me except chaingrabbing her to death, which I did to some unfortunate Sheiks in friendlies and they were surprised that I could do that, so maybe I got that going for me? Idk, it's the only thing I actually like about that matchup. **** everything else about it.

Saturday I played Marth as much as I could vs Sheiks, and many games were much closer, despite my Marth being rather rusty and not really a great Marth in the first place. Definitely gonna want more practice in that matchup. I wish I had gotten more Peach experience at Big House 5, but at least I got enough to get into the habit of catching turnips and throwing them immediately. **** is mad fun.
Post up the Ganon pick Dawg

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What? Lol
Technically, you "joined the gang" today, since you posted it after midnight, and something insignificant "ruined your day" so joining the gang must not have meant much. Lol. If that went over your head I'm going to mindgame the **** out of you in tourney lmao

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
blea and rula are homies man, i guess SFL is a super lax region lmao. gonna try to make it to paragon next year since SFL never makes it out to anything :troll:. genesis is probably a no for me since i dont have the cash and itd probably be the same time as my exams so rip that plan.

thanks god i went to TBH5 though. i felt like all my practice really paid off, especially in my money matches.

good **** in teams tm tm ! even though we got 3rd we did pretty well, my b with all that friendly fire though. also why are you a god at ganon dittos? awesome seeing you again PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle ! you improved a ton since last year and it's always good chillin with you, maybe i'll invade IL sometime.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There is still hope Ganon bros! =D

The matches I lost vs Armada/HMW/Westballz all felt very doable. I really think the reason I lost is because I got outplayed in close quarter situations mostly and also over-extended slightly while going for reads. Sometimes I also have to slow down my tech skill when I try to do CC -> downthrow and i get Bthrow and Fthrow a lot instead. So now when you see a Ganon in 25th, its really not because of the character its because I lacked ability to remain consistent in ****ing up my opponent. Seems like I still have to find a way to beat people in neutral like I said earlier by being more careful how I choose to the wavedash length/jumping and movement options.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
blea and rula are homies man, i guess SFL is a super lax region lmao. gonna try to make it to paragon next year since SFL never makes it out to anything :troll:. genesis is probably a no for me since i dont have the cash and itd probably be the same time as my exams so rip that plan.

thanks god i went to TBH5 though. i felt like all my practice really paid off, especially in my money matches.

good **** in teams tm tm ! even though we got 3rd we did pretty well, my b with all that friendly fire though. also why are you a god at ganon dittos? awesome seeing you again PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle ! you improved a ton since last year and it's always good chillin with you, maybe i'll invade IL sometime.
Costs too much to live in or near Miami we're all broke.

Lol. But yeah there are some cool ass dudes in the region. If only more traveling was easy

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I did play Blea a few games but i was piss drunk.. Obviously I lost but I can tell hes sick vs Ganon. We wanted to do a real match next time, I guess it'll have to wait. =P

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Kage, you went APE SHlT this weekend. It was really cool chilling with you again and watching you take ganon into top 32. Inspiring for sure. I feel like I learned a good amount from playing n0ne as well, all the good ganons love dropping that knowledge on us.

Yo Coastward Coastward good seeing you again bro, pleasure as always. If you do decide to make your way out to IL, you always got a place to stay (that goes for anyone reading btw).

Dude tm is good at ganon dittos, which just goes to show how completely jank ganon dittos are.

1) Ian bopped tm. Double 3 stock if I'm not mistaken (sorry tm lawl)
2) judging by your post, tm beat you majority of the time
3) we went even, prob slight advantage your favor
4) haven't played tm in over a year, actually, but at that time, he won the majority of our friendlies

All of this says that I should have gotten bodied by Ian.

THE KICKER:

5) Ian admits that I could've won the set. I missed a waveland --> fair to read his double jump and missed it game one. Afterwards, he said "I'm so lucky you missed that- you had the read and it would've hit." GGs Ian.

That was actually a sick set, come to think of it. Game 2 started off with me catching a nicely spaced fair into dropzone fair for a 2-hit 0-death. Right after, Ian caught me with a dsmash. I SDI'd the first hit "correctly," so I didn't get hit by the second hit, but ended up off stage and facing the wrong direction. EZ$$ fair for Ian and the stock count was even. Wish it was recorded.

LOL dude I was just going to mention how chill all the SFL peeps are. Chilled a ton with blea gelo again this tourney and actually got a chance to talk to and hang with Rula (heartbreaking set with shroomed), both cool people, along with all the other SFL smashers I met at EVO.

After this, I really wanna make my way down to Miami and kick it with you guys down there. Need to play tipman / linguini / renth TOP PRIORITY.

Planning on going maybe Thanksgiving / Winter break. No promises, but would be a nice trip.

edit: so sad that blea lost to westballz. He messed his ass up game one, too. Would've lead to kage vs blea, which would have obviously been a sick set.

edit edit: Also was a blast meeting @aHarmlessCup @NickNasty @VegiLohrd and Genericjoey Genericjoey over the weekend. You're all really good, hope to see y'all at future events.

edit edit EDIT:

SFAT also beat me in a ganon ditto. Went to game 5... Sorry guys lol. His ganon doesn't even look like a "true" ganon (though it is very good), but he's so ****ing good at this game, he was able to read rolls and habits etc. and punish accordingly.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Sfat beat bizz in a Ganon ditto lol.

Dittos are a crap shoot unless you really understand them and not many people have taken the time to evaluate the micro-situations. Imo.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
Sfat beat bizz in a Ganon ditto lol.

Dittos are a crap shoot unless you really understand them and not many people have taken the time to evaluate the micro-situations. Imo.
No he didn't, it was a close 3-2 the first time at smashed the foundry, and then it was destruction at the golden bair, Bizz winning both, SFAT also lost a Ganon ditto to Lord

tm

Smash Ace
:ganondorfmelee:

Is nair out of shield a good option?
Well, I got a kill out of it, so it can't be useless lol.
How do you see V Canceling possibly helping Ganon's meta? Could it be better for ganon than most other chars because when he barely survives near the top edges of the stage he can get back?
You can use it when recovering after upB to live longer. I tried it out in some friendlies at TBH, and I could see a visible difference when I got it (only a few times). You basically have to read what they're going to hit you with and exactly when they'll do it, but you can definitely live for another hit or two and give them more chances to **** up the edgeguard.
Speaking of ICs, surprised no one has brought up this set yet: Bizz vs. Fly at Paragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtSvObsr8UQ

Great example of how the matchup should be played. I think Bizz is the best in the world at this matchup at this point.
No Kage???
You missed so many L-cancels which got you wobbled, and I feel like more platform camping and shield drops would have helped you a lot.

It pains me when I see people lose to this guy...
Whoops. Yeah I was pretty impatient and missed a lot of tech. That's just how I play tho B) lmao
All Ganons at big house 5 report to room 420 for a group photo. We're getting this done tonight.
Whoops. Yeah I wasn't on the boards at all last weekend... pretty big oversight on my part lol. But it was really fun and I had stuff to do the whole time anyway
https://youtu.be/Gsy4wFTJi0k I'm in the gang B) #PseudoGang #20GangGang #20GT
Yo I got it with a witness too, anyone just ask Coastward Coastward

Same @ not going to genesis. I was thinking CEO tho, but some of my homies want to do Smash Con instead... ehhhh
Me being "a god at ganon dittos" Kappa
Nice seeing you too dude. As well as everyone else PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle Divinokage Divinokage @Ian @n0ne RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM
Sorry I wasn't around much, too much **** going on. Next time we should keep a FB chat or something so everybody knows whats going on from a convenient hub
@aHarmlessCup We didn't talk but I saw you walking around / lurking lol. Good **** making it as far as you did, I think you outplaced me lol. Let's play next time.

Gonna actually study the ganon ditto since I got wrecked so hard.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
tm tm the only thing I legit regret not doing at Big House 5 is actually getting to talk to you and play you in friendlies. I was so focused on just playing random people and testing myself against the masses that I didn't feel like going out of my way to try to play a few select people. I only spotted you like a few times at the tournament but not at a friendlies setup or anything. Really strange if you think about it. We'll have to play again sometime soon, sucks to hear you won't be going to G3, and I'm for sure going to that and I plan to have a great time.

tm

Smash Ace
mfw joe lost to dudutsai
Joe didn't lose to dudutsai, I did. He lost to ferriswheel
tm tm the only thing I legit regret not doing at Big House 5 is actually getting to talk to you and play you in friendlies. I was so focused on just playing random people and testing myself against the masses that I didn't feel like going out of my way to try to play a few select people. I only spotted you like a few times at the tournament but not at a friendlies setup or anything. Really strange if you think about it. We'll have to play again sometime soon, sucks to hear you won't be going to G3, and I'm for sure going to that and I plan to have a great time.
Yeah I noticed you several times but same story lol. I was watching / chilling more than I was actually playing though. I just dont really have the cash to go to G3, not to mention nobody else from NWOH is going so it would be a lonely trip

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea, I lost to ferris wheel in tournament, not dudutsai. Pretty embarrassing loss, but I recovered in losers and beat the guy who beat him, so whatever.

I lost to dudutsai in a money match. How the **** do you do the puff matchup? Any of you. That matchup is ****ing stupid. I played a lot with Dr. Z though and felt like I was fiiiinally starting to get a small grasp on it, but it's still mad dumb. What a stupid ****ing character.

Linguini

Smash Master
Kage your cc grabs make me LOL so hard sometimes.

On the super low, word is might get sponsored soon and attend a big tourney(s), so we might be doing some double ganon green greens(jab/fair) mm's like old times in the not too distant future.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Kage your cc grabs make me LOL so hard sometimes.

On the super low, word is might get sponsored soon and attend a big tourney(s), so we might be doing some double ganon green greens(jab/fair) mm's like old times in the not too distant future.
That's some 20GT **** right there

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Yea, I lost to ferris wheel in tournament, not dudutsai. Pretty embarrassing loss, but I recovered in losers and beat the guy who beat him, so whatever.

I lost to dudutsai in a money match. How the **** do you do the puff matchup? Any of you. That matchup is ****ing stupid. I played a lot with Dr. Z though and felt like I was fiiiinally starting to get a small grasp on it, but it's still mad dumb. What a stupid ****ing character.
So did you beat him in tournament? Did my tips help? :D

And yeah, I totally feel you on the matchup. The Puffs of New England make it really ****ing dumb. Squibble, who is the best Puff in our region, has been planking long before HBox started doing it. Can be very frustrating to play against, especially as Ganon lmao.

Top Bottom