• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

maximuspita

Smash Ace
I go by Mizu. Been playing Sheik for a while but I feel far more comfortable with Ganon; so I'm trying to catch up to the meta with him.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
http://imgur.com/JA1n56n
This is the height I've been able to get a quick bair and not land on a platform while the other aerials did land. This height happened much more frequently yesterday while it's been rare today. Will try to reproduce with a video at a later time.

Please disregard my mess.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Should be a good fight. I could see it going to points, in which case I'd say advantage Mayweather. Thinking Pac's best chance is a random ko.

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
The front page of the Sports section in the Toronto Star said God is on Pacquiao's side

so

I guess that means he's gonna win? The newspaper wouldn't lie to me would it?

tm

Smash Ace
ranked 7th on MI PR now (although we keep losing players... oh well it's progress)
no 2ndaries here ;)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Starting around 7 probably

twitch.tv/vsgc

versus.challonge.com

Me, spider_sense, linguini, tipman (hopefully), colbol, plup, ghatzu, porkchops, blea gelo, zidane, smilez, etc.

I think colbol is bringing a carload of ppl.

:denzel:

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
yo @ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle do you know what the frame window is to get RLD to waveland on the side platform?

also, does anyone know if its possible to get a dsmash on fox/falco after dthrow > jab even if they are not at knockdown percent?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Well, I got 4th yesterday at a local yet again. Got double eliminated by a Falcon this time around. Both sets I played vs him got on recording though, so I'll be taking a look at it once it's released on youtube and try to optimize my play vs Falcon now.

tm

Smash Ace
Got 2nd at a MI local yesterday, losing twice to KJH (took 1 game, wasn't a close set though)
MANY vids on the way. (yay)

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I think something I'm realizing about the Falcon matchup is that winning the first game as Ganon is really crucial, especially when it comes to a best of 5.

Basically, when the matchup boils down to, in theory, is that if you win the first game against Falcon, then the counter-pick situation between Falcon and Ganon is pretty black and white. Falcon does good on the big stages and Ganon does good on the small stages. Winning the first game means that Falcon now has to beat you on one of your counterpicks, which are all really strong against Falcon except maybe BF because that's relatively neutral for both Ganon and Falcon. The same exact thing happens on the other side if Falcon wins the first game. Ganon beating Falcon on his counterpick is usually really hard, especially when it comes to a best of 5, cause FD is brutal.

Ganon just relies so heavily on getting ahead of the opponent and maintaining that lead, cause when Ganon has that lead he can play his defensive game that he is so good at, since the opponent pretty much has to approach. Ganon can do comebacks because of how his hits work, but it's extremely difficult to do, and that usually results from the opponent going on tilt and Ganon keeping it cool and taking advantageous of the situation. Of course, this doesn't mean that you should give up if you fall behind against Falcon, nor should you get too comfortable if you do get ahead, because it's these mentalities during a match that can get you to lose.

It's still entirely possible to beat Falcon on one of his counterpicks if you do end up losing the first game, but you need to be really really good on one (or hell, all) of his stages in order for you to be able to do this kind of thing. When I played vs that Falcon yesterday, he's really comfortable on Yoshi's Story, and that ended up really hurting me in both sets, so I definitely need to look at those games in particular to see where I can be playing better.

So the next time you play friendlies vs a Falcon that is at your same relative skill, pay extra attention to when you go to the stages that Falcon is strong on, as learning to play on those stages will help you to play vs Falcons in the future.

Coastward

Smash Lord

here are some matches of mine that happened 2 weeks ago against some marths, first link would be one that id like feedback from if someone offers it.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Top Bottom