• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

n0ne

Smash Ace
Ya if you get it, we can get some good sessions going on and put it on youtube. ;) If you play locally then the lag is almost non existent.
u mean *locally as in... not too far away ..?

EDIT, what build are u using? or would the latest v4.0 be okay after configuring everything

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
detailed itinerary for Coastward's SWEET trip:

day 1 (friday)

arrived at duck's house, mike haze and hugs were being housed there as well, so we just played a lot of friendlies with them and basically all of the canadian players that went. my games were mike haze were pretty close, many were going to the last stock.
we got really drunk and got 5 hours of sleep too lmao.

day 2 (saturday)

arrived at the venue, tired as ****.
got 1st seed in my pool, nothing to notable here. didnt drop a game at all.

top 96 bracket started.
i got a 1st round by since i was first seed, but my first match was against a DK.

i took the first game pretty solidly, but it slipped away because i didnt give him the respect and just kept dropping edgeguards. went to game 3, last stock, 100% each. i ****ed up a grab and he punished with donkey punch lol.

1st losers match, bodied some sheik. progressed on and play more matches that i had no real struggle with. i got up to a fox player, and he gave me a run for my money. it ended up going to game 3, but i just wasnt able to pull it out. same thing with the DK player; i just didnt edgeguard properly.

so that was basically my "tournament", but i played MAD amounts of friendlies and had a lot of money matches. i made like $15 bucks from money matches. i played a **** ton of sets with hugs, and a lot of the matches were going to last stock too. i dont think hes that good in the MU, because he was falling for a lot of basic ****. i played duck afterwards and he straight up bodied me.

learned a lot of **** too that i can work on, which is a sigh of relief as i was finding it difficult to find improvements to make on my own. glad i made that trip.

also, when people ask me where im from and i answer with "canada", the follow up question is always: "do you play with @ Divinokage Divinokage ?" LOL

also also, @ tm tm and @Moy it was awesome meeting you guys, we shouldve played more though. and tm ill get the runback next time.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Yo streaming tomorrow with kage

Melee online is.. Decent .. gotta get used to the slight input lag tho.

Still better than smash4 netplay imo

Connected dorf uair to down b today :)

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
okay so

1. Ranch is getting so goddamn good and it's got me super hype.
2. I play netplay thanks to Ranch being generous as **** and letting me come over to play. My tag on there is xxxsasukebowser69xxx but don't tell anyone.
3. Tm which link and DK did you lose to? I can give dk tips and for link uhhhh watch that twitch set I posted. The guy I played got top 32 at the last last big house and is ranked higher than me in Florida. Some good stuff the there albeit having played poorly.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yo streaming tomorrow with kage

Melee online is.. Decent .. gotta get used to the slight input lag tho.

Still better than smash4 netplay imo

Connected dorf uair to down b today :)
Well let's see what you can combo on stream, you'll get hours to try stuff. =D I'll be your combo dummy then ill return the pain twice as hard. lol

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I am unfortunately going to have to announce that I will not be able to attend Apex 2015 this year due to a lack of transportation, yet again.

Sorry guys, but I'm in a really crappy region for traveling out of state. Here's hoping I'll be at CEO 2015.

Coastward

Smash Lord
I am unfortunately going to have to announce that I will not be able to attend Apex 2015 this year due to a lack of transportation, yet again.

Sorry guys, but I'm in a really crappy region for traveling out of state. Here's hoping I'll be at CEO 2015.
sucks to hear, definitely planning on going to CEO though.

tm

Smash Ace
3. Tm which link and DK did you lose to? I can give dk tips and for link uhhhh watch that twitch set I posted. The guy I played got top 32 at the last last big house and is ranked higher than me in Florida. Some good stuff the there albeit having played poorly.
I didn't lose to DK, Coastward did (although I lost to him a while ago, I have beaten him since then; his tag is Toadster)
The link is a canadian player named 4serial. I've seen Christian play, so yeah I'll watch that. I think my biggest problem was trying to punish various things OoS, and also attacking his shield which is almost never safe

Coastward

Smash Lord
I didn't lose to DK, Coastward did (although I lost to him a while ago, I have beaten him since then; his tag is Toadster)
The link is a canadian player named 4serial. I've seen Christian play, so yeah I'll watch that. I think my biggest problem was trying to punish various things OoS, and also attacking his shield which is almost never safe
the link player is one of my buddies lmao. if only i had to play him and you had to play toadster.

Coastward

Smash Lord
TIL that you can punish marth's fsmash on shield with:

WDOOS jab
WDOOS grab
WDOOS ftilt
WDOOS dtilt
WDOOS dsmash
WDOOS fsmash
WDOOS usmash
WDOOS side b
WDOOS down b
WDOOS up b or up b OOS

and if you have the right space, if you throw out dsmash you can fully avoid another fsmash if they decide to throw one out again. his sword goes through you as the first kick start up and only the second kick hits him.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Bam/Vwins said to me that they ordered online adapter for netplay which means I can stream with them some online games to make it more interesting. =D

Last edited:

n0ne

Smash Ace
What's this netplay you guys speak of? Sounds like lag galore.
@ SwiftNinjaBlackMan SwiftNinjaBlackMan We streamed the day before yesterday, should be archived on his channel

@ spider_sense spider_sense Lag is almost unnoticable on our connection since we dont live too far away, its just the slight input lag u gotta get used to. (Not the same input lag as playing on lcds, way less)
Obviously because of this i cant be doing the technical **** im used to doing. Gotta keep it reaaaal 2001. Nonetheless, very playable

-Capable PC, decent internet, Dolphin, GC adapter, balls.

For some reason i can only use falcon , mario and g&w on netplay , i suck ass with dorf idk why

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I gotta get in on some of this netplay action.

On an unrelated note, I'm really bad at this game now. Not sure what happened, but I just got my lowest ever placing at a local.

Gotta get back into the groove. Kage, n0ne, when my adaptor comes, let's get some games in!

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
@ spider_sense spider_sense Hey after watching a bit of your matches vs gravy, I want to point out some things that I think you should do less of:

1. Shielding in neutral
  2. Double-jumping in neutral
I feel like you're afraid in neutral sometimes vs Falcon and you choose to shield cause you feel safe in your shield, when in fact it's better to just keep moving around so that Falcon doesn't just get a free shot at you. The only time I could see this work is if you bait him to grabbing you and you full-hop dair out of shield or insta-upair out of shield. You also double-jump in neutral a little bit too much, like when you're trying to land a fair or you want to reach Falcon offstage really quickly. I can assure you if you just wait and full-hop more often in neutral, you won't get caught losing your double jump and getting combo'd to death cause of it. I also see you double-jump in place to perfect waveland grab. That's starting to become a really noticable habit of yours, and I would suggest you start short-hopping away and perfect wavelanding in to grab, or to just jab.

Coastward

Smash Lord
hopefully i can get some new matches for you guys this weekend.

also, what locke said has helped me improve my neutral. learned it over last weekend, and i feel like a new ganondorf.

Top Bottom