• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Linguini

Smash Master
Nah, you shouldn't be talking about things you don't know. GA has some fire *** bud and NY is starting to pop. FL is alright but no way is it second.
nahhh GA bud is shwag at best ,and NY is good stuff , def right behind SFL.

dunno where you were getting your **** down here but it wasnt the right place.
i know what im talking about son, its my area of expertise;)

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I guess this is kind of an odd question to ask, but I keep hearing about Ganon's metagame improving a lot in the past year or so and I was wondering what in particular was driving this. I know Kage, Linguini, and some others have placed impressively with him, but I was wondering what new tools Ganon has picked up to allow him to do that. I find it interesting that a few months ago Ganon was the bottom of mid and now people are talking about him being in high tier.

I feel like I a play like Ganon circa 07, lol. I want to get better.

Thanks

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yayuzzz that's what I want! I am bringing Ganon to high tier!!

New tools? What I use = Shield Stabbing, good shield pressure and also combos!

On fast fallers, you can do downair, grab, downthrow, jab, no tech, fair. As an example of combo lol. Can be done from 30%.

Linguini

Smash Master
i passed my powers onto kage.

im kinda copping out on ganon, ive spent too much time on this game to try this hard to win. im mostly using sheik, and ganon for some matchups. and it got me 1st at the last tourney i went to.
sorry ganon-ers.
payce

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i passed my powers onto kage.

im kinda copping out on ganon, ive spent too much time on this game to try this hard to win. im mostly using sheik, and ganon for some matchups. and it got me 1st at the last tourney i went to.
sorry ganon-ers.
payce
Nooo.. so everyone is going away from Ganon eh? Linguini = Sheik, Chaddd = Fox? =(

Linguini

Smash Master
hate to break it to you man, you can get top 10 with ganon at a national tournament, top 5,sure. but,if you want to get top 1, then switch to another character. do what you gotta do, after talking with alot of other pro's ive made my decision.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
hate to break it to you man, you can get top 10 with ganon at a national tournament, top 5,sure. but,if you want to get top 1, then switch to another character. do what you gotta do, after talking with alot of other pro's ive made my decision.
Never! I'm going to win with Ganon no matter what!!! I will become the icon that everyone wants to see!

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Lol, Guini you're a scrub. Can you reverse ledge dash yet? What characters do you lose to that made you give up? I'm buying a Gamecube so I can go to the souf and take your money. Your Sheik vs my Ganon $20, 2/3? I'm going to be in town once I get my monies right.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. I also have a specific question. When should I be trying to grab Falco out of his pillar? After the shine I assume? Can ganon always shield-grab Falco, or will I have to wait for him to hit high on my shield?

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Get freaking ***** Linguini!! Tipman, revive the spirit within! =D
I think I'm gonna have to.
:uzi:
Ulti you need to be aware of when and where Falco uses his Dair on you. You can't shield grab him, unless you power shield, when he uses his Dair late i.e. right before he lands. But what this does is gives you an opportunity to jab him since he just stalls in the air for a moment. Just learn to be responsive with your shielding when the attack is coming instead of using it when you feel him rushing you. Obviously if he tries to Dair early once you start punishing this you can shield grab then. Also SHFF Uair at the very beginning of your jump when you're in range can hit him in front of you whether he's SHFFL'ing or standing.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
(I took this from my post in the Falcon Thread) Well Ganon can easily edgeguard a falcon, and also I do have good combos on falcon as well. For example at 30% I can do downair, grab in the air, downthrow or upthrow, jab, no tech, fair lol. And I can DI down Falcon's nair to avoid the 2nd hit, or DI away to avoid combos. Also I have to DI towards falcon at 60+ % to avoid upthrow, knee. I would rather get hit by the back air and DI away after.

As for approaching Falcon, you gotta watch for his Dash Dance Nair.. a good falcon will most likely go behind you right after so you can't shield grab, but if not shield grab right away and continue to upthrow at low percentage and follow with techchases or the combo I mentioned up there. Also you can easily space backairs into his Nair, Bair ***** Nair. What I also do is give my own version of Nair lol sometimes when im in his face and his tries to nair again. You can also space Fairs of course and if he tries to punish you with a shield grab if you are too close, L cancel to forward B (Low % to do combos, follow up with back air most likely) or down B (high % for knockback to edgeguard). Both moves makes Ganon have some sort of Teleport Frame in which he will back up instantly and start his move. I find this to be an amazing spacing move. Don't overuse it though, it's sort of predictable at times, make sure you get the spacing right.

You can also get sort of in his face to get downtilts (Get max range) And also intercept his nair with uair, works well too. Man it's so hard to explain a matchup.. I have to elaborate so much lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33Ps824Vwg&feature=related At 2:32 in this vid, there's the downair well spaced to punish his nair (Ya I forgot about that, you can space downair if he approachs you), grab, upthrow, jab, no tech, Fair. You can't tech it! lol.

Also, Tipman, I really want to play you, you have been my inspiration to continue to play Ganon in the longrun. I mean before I was playing Ganon because I loved his playstyle completely but I kept getting ***** until I saw the Triforce of Power (which was probably at least 4-5 years ago) and then I thought Wow you can do these things with Ganon.. and from there I trained really hard and I developed my own style. And now I want to be the icon of power that everyone wants to look up at! =P

Linguini

Smash Master
haha tommy layin down the law, cant argue with you bro im pretty scrubby,its not chars anymore, it's just effort.
dawg come back down asap, we need to chill!

just to let you all you ganons out there know.
tipman is m2k with ganon, so if this man gets back into the game, forget about every other ganon.
he is leagues above them.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
haha tommy layin down the law, cant argue with you bro im pretty scrubby,its not chars anymore, it's just effort.
dawg come back down asap, we need to chill!

just to let you all you ganons out there know.
tipman is m2k with ganon, so if this man gets back into the game, forget about every other ganon.
he is leagues above them.
We'll see about that, I'm not gonna go down without a fight! =D

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Guini I was gonna be in FL a few weeks ago but I said **** it. I'm going to be there soon, starting to miss the fam some so it'll be nice to be there for a week or maybe just a few days. I'll drop you a PM so you can stop by and we can play a few matches.

Kage thanks for the shout out. Do you visit the states much, mainly NY and FL? I'm in NY now but like I just stated I'll be in FL sometime soon.

Renth

Smash Hero
Guini I was gonna be in FL a few weeks ago but I said **** it. I'm going to be there soon, starting to miss the fam some so it'll be nice to be there for a week or maybe just a few days. I'll drop you a PM so you can stop by and we can play a few matches.

Kage thanks for the shout out. Do you visit the states much, mainly NY and FL? I'm in NY now but like I just stated I'll be in FL sometime soon.
If you ever feel like taking a trip to bum-**** no where PA tipman i'll play anytime.

Renth

Smash Hero
I might take you up on that. I wanna hit up a shooting range there. I have some fam that went there with some friends early January. If they make plans again I'll try and get with em.
That'd be great, I live honestly no where, around the Johnstown/Altoona area.

- 2 hours from pittsburgh
- 4 hours from philly
- 1 1/2 hours from shippensburg
- 4 - 5 hours from scranton

And me not having a car = no smash in PA so.. i haven't played in a tournament in a year :( but some rusted up videos would be nice.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Nooo.. so everyone is going away from Ganon eh? Linguini = Sheik, Chaddd = Fox? =(
Marth, Samus, Peach, Donkey Kong = Easy for Ganon and hard as sh*t for Fox.

Sheik, Captain Falcon = Easy for Fox and hard as sh*t for Ganon.

It's not always as simple as black and white, I never said I was giving up Ganon, I said I was picking up more Fox. I find it hilarious how everyone and their grandmothers can somehow turn that into I've given up on Ganon.

I could never just give up Ganon. You're crazy.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh ****...

ALL THE GANONS ARE FIGHTIN EACH OTHER IN THE SAME THREAD! EVACUATE THE BUILDING!

*d.air* *f.air* f.air* *d.air* *b.air*

>.>

__

Capfal is actually "Hard" for ganon?

Divinokage

Smash Legend

I normally go with my other canadians to EC tournaments lately, I may go to SPOC provided I have a ride there.

I disagree with Sheik and Cpt.Falcon hard as **** for Ganon. It's not that bad. like 50-50.

Linguini

Smash Master
falco is easy as **** lol,
sheik is pretty much impossible against sheiks like forwards/m2k's, but any lower than that its 60-40.

C.fal is pretty tough for ganon but most falcons suck against ganon so its not a problem.

Kage im def going to SPOC, so you better be there so i can wreck you with your WC DI son! haha

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I disagree with Sheik and Cpt.Falcon hard as **** for Ganon. It's not that bad. like 50-50.
Yikes!! lol I wish I went 50/50 with good sheiks. To me the hardest matchups for Ganon are 1. Sheik 2. Fox 3. Falcon 4. Falco. Opinions vary so much lol. To me Sheik is like 65/35 on FD and 60/40 on most others.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My difficulty ranking. Yes, my opinion is in fact important.

1. Sheik
2. Marf
3. Falco
4. Other Ganons
Then I'll go with mine with difficulty of matchups...

Falco
Fox
Sheik

And then it doesn't really matter because I own every other matchup. Marths and Falcons well.. I find it really easy. I 2 stocked Vanz on FD, his sheik lol.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
kage did you play hax? there arent many good falcons but if you played him it may be more reflective of how good falcon can be v ganon

but imo most falcons just have no ganon experience at all whatsoever. i used to think it was an easy matchup so i never bothered to practice or look into it(being a falcon main) then i played you and was like ****, i can uthrow uthrow nair uair uair uair knee every stock ROFL

Divinokage

Smash Legend
kage did you play hax? there arent many good falcons but if you played him it may be more reflective of how good falcon can be v ganon

but imo most falcons just have no ganon experience at all whatsoever. i used to think it was an easy matchup so i never bothered to practice or look into it(being a falcon main) then i played you and was like ****, i can uthrow uthrow nair uair uair uair knee every stock ROFL
Lol what? No you can't, with proper DI as I can explained it, these combos don't work.

Let's see, against Falcons recently...

Hax I 3-0, 10$ MM
and Darkrain I lost 3-2 5$ MM.

Top Bottom