• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

tm

Smash Ace
CC SH-Nair > Grab

If his d-smash eats through your aerials, then you need to work on your spacing bud.

I think you can cg up to 35% against Pikachu.

Pikachu is pretty light, so it shouldn't be too hard to gain the upper hand in terms of trading hits.
Thanks for the tips. I didn't mind trading, but once a hit got me offstage I would die, but I couldn't do the same to him.

Good **** renth. I'm amazed at how successful you are while being that aggressive

Divinokage

Smash Legend

tm

Smash Ace
nice answers in your AMA Kage! maybe I'll think of some questions in a bit...

Renth

Smash Hero
Renth, what was up with all the rolling and spot-dodging ontop of platforms? Were those failed shielddrops?

That is EXACTLY what those were. My shield drops were really crappy the entire tournament :\

ROFLMAO I hate that stomp through shield is called kage special but I screamed it when I did it LOOL

Coastward

Smash Lord
ok so i got destoryed by falco tonight. no matter what i did i get wrecked. i tried playing the platform game, didnt work. tried spacing myself with fairs and bairs, didnt work. i guess i just couldnt deal with the laser pressure or something. i really cant tell what it is right now since im super salty, but all of it was recorded so ill have matched posted soon.

also if anyone cares for P:M, heres a nice little combo video i was in. im player 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5esz9aOagNA&feature=youtu.be

Superspright

Smash Lord
Learn to power shield his lasers and approaches...they are all fake when they are power shielded. It's not 100% guaranteed.

tm

Smash Ace
eat the laser -> waveland, can't say I've tried that yet.

PSing is not that hard but I have trouble following it up. I usually follow with grab if he was jumping in or sometimes instant uair OoS, but a lot of the times I will miss with both of these. And it's not like I can outdamage him with powershielding lol

Coastward

Smash Lord
what i was doing was waiting in my shield when i was getting approached with lasers and waiting for a nair or dair so that i could grab them out of it or even wd oos but i was doing it really poorly, guess i need more work on that. my platform game was so nice though i feel proud about that.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Don't forget that you can SDI the laser so it's like a mini-wavedash. you can SDI the laser away so the falco thinks that you are hit-stunned in the same exact place, but instead you moved a bit further away so you can either DD away or f-tilt.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i gotta read up on how to SDI properly because i never really got it down. it'd help me a lot with fox too.

It's exactly like a DI input but you smash the joystick as if you wanted to do a smash attack.. it teleports your character a few frames where you want to go. That's basically it, it's not that complicated to do, just the timing is a little difficult because you have to know exactly when you will get hit. It's easier to do vs multiple hitting moves because you have multiple chances to SDI, you see?

Renth

Smash Hero
Truthfully, the reason hate falco above all else is lack of experience. In all the different regions i've lived in / visited I never had a solid falco partner / crew mate / ect. So I know what should be doing because I use to watch Linguini all the time (in person) trash every falco he played. It's just something I don't have grinded into my head.

Coastward

Smash Lord
It's exactly like a DI input but you smash the joystick as if you wanted to do a smash attack.. it teleports your character a few frames where you want to go. That's basically it, it's not that complicated to do, just the timing is a little difficult because you have to know exactly when you will get hit. It's easier to do vs multiple hitting moves because you have multiple chances to SDI, you see?
by joystick im assuming c-stick? i guess its time to get to the lab and start practicing.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Truthfully, the reason hate falco above all else is lack of experience. In all the different regions i've lived in / visited I never had a solid falco partner / crew mate / ect. So I know what should be doing because I use to watch Linguini all the time (in person) trash every falco he played. It's just something I don't have grinded into my head.
I think we will always struggle with those matchups but that's why you gotta master every technique right? Its only recently I started catching on with Falco. >_< lol. I was watching Linguini a lot but didn't know why WD OOS was so important but now I know its because it leaves Ganon in a good position and you won't commit with jumps all the time to avoid lasers. Because if you keep jumping around, Falco can easily move around Ganon and hit him.

by joystick im assuming c-stick? i guess its time to get to the lab and start practicing.

Nope just the joystick, the grey one. I'm not even sure what the C-stick is supposed to do... I guess it would help to tech things at absurd dmg %. lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
my whole life has been a lie... I THOUGHT IT WAS THE C-STICK :( :( :(

anyway kage i have your $20 ready LOL

No no, SDI is definitely done with joystick just like a regular DI but like a smash attack, simple!

Hard part is knowing where to DI but that comes with XP... DI away from the opponent is generally good at lower % and DI in is good at high %.. all depends on the moves.. knowing where the moves sends you also absolutely need to know that.

Coastward

Smash Lord
No no, SDI is definitely done with joystick just like a regular DI but like a smash attack, simple!

Hard part is knowing where to DI but that comes with XP... DI away from the opponent is generally good at lower % and DI in is good at high %.. all depends on the moves.. knowing where the moves sends you also absolutely need to know that.
ok so for instance, a fox uair i would want to SDI horizontally and falco lasers vertically? i guess the decision making of where you want to go depends on the situation.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ok so for instance, a fox uair i would want to SDI horizontally and falco lasers vertically? i guess the decision making of where you want to go depends on the situation.

Ok so let's see.. Fox hits you with uair jumping towards you, you would want to SDI behind him.. the direction opposite of him not the direction he's going to. I think also it's preferable to a DI with a diagonal direction, not sure if left and right does anything, you need an angle.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Ok so let's see.. Fox hits you with uair jumping towards you, you would want to SDI behind him.. the direction opposite of him not the direction he's going to. I think also it's preferable to a DI with a diagonal direction, not sure if left and right does anything, you need an angle.
jeeeeeeez, alright i guess i gotta get some more practice in and get the feel for it but i kinda get what youre saying. thank you based kage.

Top Bottom