• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to unlock trophys?

Zanvel

Smash Cadet
In Melee there was the lottery, Brawl had the coin launcher but what will SSB4 have? The lottery, the coin launcher again, or a new mode? What do you think?

lami

Smash Journeyman
Who knows at this point in time. Sakurai could have anything up his sleeve.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a big fun of "random spawning collectibles". I hate I have 691 stickers in Brawl... I love those challenges, though. "Complete Classic in Hard mode as Link without dying to earn MARIN's trophy", that's the way I love it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My problem is that Stickers were easy to get, while collecting Trophies was a giant pain. They barely gave us a chance to do so. Just even this out, and we're good. Removing the Snag the Trophy stage was... kind of annoying. Classic got longer and we got two mini-games, both Target Tests. It feels like a serious downgrade in those choices. So yeah, revive that stage, make them easier to get, some new idea. Just even it out overall regardless.

Last edited:

Frederica Irving

Smash Rookie
I want to see something like the Coin Machine return. Perhaps a new type of game? Having Snag The Trophies back would also be awesome.

Zanvel

Smash Cadet
I want the coin launcher or lottery and the snag the trophy mini-game back. I see it like HyperFalcon, it's annoying that there are 2 break the target stages.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I think a victory in For Glory mode should unlock the lowest tier trophy that you don't have, all the way up to trophies that can only be unlocked elsewhere.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
How about....TROPHY BET!

In this mode, you are placed in a 1 v 1 battle against the computer. Before the fight you can bet X number of trophies you own toward your own victory. If you win the match, you get to keep the trophies you put for the bet, plus X new trophies. If you lose the match, you lose all those trophies instead. You can increase the odds of getting a new trophy by escalating the odds against you; increasing the CPU level, adding handicaps, additional stocks for your opponent, etc. The more difficult the battle, the better your chances for new trophies are.

As an addition, there is also Online Trophy Bet. In this mode, you can challenge a friend or random opponent to a 1 v 1 battle where you each bet the same number of trophies (say 3) with winner take all.

Zanvel

Smash Cadet
How about....TROPHY BET!

In this mode, you are placed in a 1 v 1 battle against the computer. Before the fight you can bet X number of trophies you own toward your own victory. If you win the match, you get to keep the trophies you put for the bet, plus X new trophies. If you lose the match, you lose all those trophies instead. You can increase the odds of getting a new trophy by escalating the odds against you; increasing the CPU level, adding handicaps, additional stocks for your opponent, etc. The more difficult the battle, the better your chances for new trophies are.

As an addition, there is also Online Trophy Bet. In this mode, you can challenge a friend or random opponent to a 1 v 1 battle where you each bet the same number of trophies (say 3) with winner take all.
I really like this idea :)

Morbi

Scavenger
I am fairly certain we will get something entirely different. @ Violenceman Violenceman might be on to something; something more interactive is abound, involving game-play is the next logical step to innovation.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
My favorite way to get trophies is still by completing Events. Nothing like a good, themed fight to be beat.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't like when they appear in battle. Make them appear after battle, using some RNG algorithm that checks to see if the player was actually playing so you can't just play a bunch of 1-stock matches with a handicapped level 1 CPU.

The ones that appear as rewards, during single-player and the likes are perfectly fine, though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I recall making a thread for this topic nearly a year ago. It hasn't received a reply in a very long time though.

Anyway, I'd like something that would be sort of an improved Coin Launcher. A shooter mini-game, but allow the thing that shoots (a ship, a character etc) to have some limited directional movement, have more of a Nintendio-theme to it (like instead of having random metal objects, use a few enemies from different Nintendo games) and make the trophies less random in some way, perhaps?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
How about....TROPHY BET!

Fiend's Cauldron up on this *****! Seriously, the Fiend's Cauldron is one of the best difficulty sliders ever.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Fiend's Cauldron up on this *****! Seriously, the Fiend's Cauldron is one of the best difficulty sliders ever.
Hell yeah. Fiend's Cauldron was a great addition to Kid Icarus and I could definitely see Sakurai incorporating a similar idea into Smash.

Xiegfried

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure exactly where it was in the Smash Direct, but it seemed like there was a trophy on the stage (I believe it was on Battlefield) during a match. Could be like the stickers were in Brawl.

Top Bottom