• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to train the Grab+ D air

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Same way you train every move...

Plug in an extra controller

Infinite time mode against an empty human

Actual Move Help: Grab your opponent, and throw him down, as the throw motion starts use y to get nana to jump in the air and flick the c-stick down... if timed correctly you will knock your empty character right down in front of them.. just work on the timing really.

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
yes you need to be inputting Jump WHILE popo is d-throwing. and i use down + A instead of the c-stick, idk which one would be easier but actually ive never tried the c-stick. i just like down + A since you're already pressing down for the dthrow, and then all you have to do is press jump and A.

uberdabing

Smash Rookie
You also need to take into account which character you're attempting to do this with. I know that you can either use a full jump dair or a short hop dair, depending on the character. Sometimes, you will also need to jam the control stick in one direction to grab because the dair will push them away from you and a standing grab won't reach them.

Look on youtube for some videos.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Rm5uq3FPoE
There's a bunch of videos by this one guy who chainthrows everyone, although no DI is taken into account.

Try playing a lvl1 computer and you should be able to dair chainthrow them to 500%+ easily. If they die, you messed something up.

IceZ

Smash Cadet
my problem is that i do the d-air quick, but when he should hit the opponent is a little too far away, is this due to my timing?

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
I can chaingrab computers fine, but when I use it on my roommate, he just DI's away and I can't grab. Halp.

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
As soon as they hit the floor you Dair. this means they stay on the floor

You dont Dair them when they are above you

Also helps...ShortHop Dair

Top Bottom