• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to shine dair a fire fox off ledge?

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
i dont see my self getting the shine dair off ledge, instead i just shine and then just stay in the air. if you guys are confused on what i am saying, here is a visual explanation: https://youtu.be/4AhkPaHUh0A?t=279
thanks!
If you're just sitting in the air, then you're missing the jump timing. You've gotta remember to account for hitstun when you get in the shine and not jump too early or too late. The shinedair also works almost exclusively on no DI or DI reads. Leffen wasn't going to DI out from that shine, so Mango knew that he would get the successful shinedair if he just jumped back with the dair. Also, there's a chance of your already used your DJ.

potter5656

Smash Cadet
You also have to hit them with the bottom of your shine if you are below them shine dare cannot connect

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Also also remember that shine dairing people of stage is not really the best way to edgeguard them in most cases.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Also also remember that shine dairing people of stage is not really the best way to edgeguard them in most cases.
Just to add on to this a bit, I personally think that shine dair is best used in surprise situations to try and force a missed tech on a platform so that you can set up for a platform techchase. I've got a few nice situations that I like to use this in, especially above top plat on BF. Good damage that can easily lead to a utilt bair or utilt bombsoldier combo.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Also, how are you inputting it? There's 3 ways to jump out of the shine (tap jump, x, and y) and you can dair with Z, A or the C-stick. Try all the methods and see which is the most comfortable or easiest.

adz

Smash Cadet
Also remember to use invincibiity from ledge if you are trying to Shine -> D-Air/B-Air an opponents Up-B :p
since shine has 1 frame of invincibility, you could theoretically run off shine dair; but you need to be actually frame perfect for it to work. not recommended for non-robots.

Top Bottom