• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Practice Powershielding?

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
So I have finally decided to practice my powershielding. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas of how to practice it. I am mostly by myself, so I can't really get anyone to play as Falco and laser spam at me or do other things with projectiles.

harMoNiC

Smash Rookie
One way is just to use a second controller to hit B (since you really only need one hand to PS or walk PS or dash PS).

Alternatively, level 9 Falco on FD; generally, he'll walk across the screen and shoot a few lasers on the way. Once he gets to your side, grab/throw him and run to the other side. Repeat.

Last edited:

Tarp

Smash Rookie
Another way that Armada mentioned on stream as aMSa's method is to go into training mode, throw down a red shell, and practice power shielding it as it comes towards you. Interesting method if you don't have a second controller or the 20XX hack pack.

By the way, on the 20XX hack pack, make sure to set it so that moves have no knockback. That way, Falco's lasers won't stun you so it's easier to practice after missing one.

Top Bottom