• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to: Practice frame perfect whistle bouncing

Dnyce

Smash Master
I notice that like 70% of the time when you guys mimic rich brown videos and try to whistle bounce, you guys end up doing a reverse-special instead (don't feel bad, rich doesn't always nail it either :p).

Go to stage builder and make an ice stage. Here's the deal, if you're running on ice and you hit pivot too soon, you'll go through an excruciatingly, painfully long pivot animation. This is how you know you're making the input incorrectly. If you whistle and you keep moving the same direction, it means you cheated and did not do it directly from your run (it also means you didn't bounce it correctly).

If you do it right, you should be running one direction and then immediately start sliding the opposite. The beauty of practicing it this way is it's the most ideal shift in momentum when trying to land. By that I mean you don't have any inputs the other direction (or neutraling out) before bouncing, so you get the max mix-up distance.

I'm tired of losing a stock, or getting 90% cause I got in the air. Just thought I would share. I would feel bad, but it happens to all of you *****es too and you know it :p lol

Top Bottom