• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to maintain energy at tournaments?

firedude953

Smash Apprentice
NNID
firedude953
Whenever I'm at a weekly in the evening, I get really tired which causes me to make tons of mistakes. How can I prevent myself from getting so tired?

Lunanix

Smash Cadet
NNID
lunanix
This really goes for all events, although a little more difficult for late night/evening events but it should give you a good idea of what you need to do.

Get a good night sleep prior to the event, anything less than a good night will almost definitely affect your ability to play your best.

Eat a good meal prior before the event. For full day events, make sure you eat breakfast and or lunch. Try and keep this food to good quality and balanced meal. Not eating is one of the worst things since this can drain you physically without you realising, eating healthily helps keep your mind focused and prepared!

In your case (Evening events), again eat, have your dinner or some sort of small meal before attending. It's to easy to skip the meal and think, oh I'll eat later but it really does help keep you awake and focused.

Avoid drinking stuff like energy drinks etc during the day, these kinds of drinks give you a good energy high whilst your drinking but gives a drop later in the day making it much harder to focus and keep yourself awake. If your going to drink them, have them at the event/a few minutes before your match. This gives enough time for the boost to kick in but be warned early drinking might cause tiredness later on in the bracket.

Also make sure your not doing to much, if your coming from work and/or your doing to many tournaments within short periods you can become fatigued and again will slow you down mentally causing you to be able to act, try and stagger the events you go to in such a way that it gives you time to rest up and prepare for the next one.

Hope this helps

:ness:

Top Bottom