• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to keep C-stick smashes + your B-stick properties

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So, Lucas has a lot of B-stick special stuff going around. However, you miss the Smash attacks on the C-stick.
You can get them both. If you put specials to R, it keeps the same properties as B-sticking. What do you put on the B-button? If you want, you put shield there. It's much easier to put up a shield with B, than pulling the trigger. C-stick can be set to smashes. I'm not sure if all properties are kept, but I can magnet waveland (however you might call it). So I hope someone will apply this to their game and have easy smashes AND B-stick properties.

If you don't quite understand what I said, post it, I'll try to make it clearer.

EDIT: NVM, I don't think this is true :(

Levitas

the moon
We should hack the controls to be more open so that we can set the analog stick to specials and the cstick to smashes.

That way we get both, right?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
We should hack the controls to be more open so that we can set the analog stick to specials and the cstick to smashes.

Yep.

No walking allowed. From now on, you move by wavebouncing!

Levitas

the moon
But you can't wavebounce with those controls. You need the analog stick to wavebounce. So we have to move by jumping PK fires in the direction we don't want to go.

And if you're out of range of the ropesnake, you're screwed. Steering PKT is for scrubs anyway.

Neon Ness

But you can't wavebounce with those controls. You need the analog stick to wavebounce. So we have to move by jumping PK fires in the direction we don't want to go.

And if you're out of range of the ropesnake, you're screwed. Steering PKT is for scrubs anyway.
True, I wasn't even thinking. You do need the control stick to wavebounce...

I concur. Steering PKT is for scrubs.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
A while ago, I tried setting the d-pad to specials... it didn't work the way I wanted it to... you still have to press a direction with the control stick :( (now I notice it's not even a good idea, you can't wavebound with that setup unless you clawed to moved your right hand)

@Neon: Lol, nice. Hyper Lucas, haha... I was actually going to post some of those around the Lucas boards, but then I was being greedy and wanted it only for Ness :p haha so I decided not to lol

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Using this way does work but can be annoying because of the precise timing required to do them. I used to do something like this when I played wii mote and nunchuck. I set the dpad to smashes and was able to "b-stick" that way

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I just try and be more precise with my FWD+As and such, easy wavebouncing is too useful.

Levitas

the moon
You mean the manual one which is kinda tough to do?

Also Hyper Ness + Hyper Lucas = the biggest headache I've had in months.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
If you put specials to R, it keeps the same properties as B-sticking.

What do you put on the B-button? If you want, you put shield there. It's much easier to put up a shield with B, than pulling the trigger.
No, put specials to Y. When you wanna Zap Jump, and since X is right next to Y, move your thumb up and press both buttons. This is easy to do and always works for me.

Losing B-Button for specials is too much. It's common instict for smashers, isn't it? Just use the sheild button you don't use. :)

Neon Ness

You mean the manual one which is kinda tough to do?

Also Hyper Ness + Hyper Lucas = the biggest headache I've had in months.
Aww, c'mon. You know you love 'em.

For a while I had L set to jump. Weird. I think default is the way to go for me, until some shocking development convinces me otherwise.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
use a classic controller, bigger c-stick, easy to press more than one button with your right thumb, 4 triggers which can be set to grab, jump, attack, and shield, and there you go, you can perform all brawl ATs

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i know :cool:
one day, every single player will be using a classic controller, when your GC controllers are broken, and Nintendo says "you had to buy it 2 years ago. So go and buy your own CC, hurry up! it's getting late!

heytallman

CTALL

If we could hack the controls, I would win every tournament match I ever play. Before the match, I will say "HEY WHATS THAT OVER THERE?!!?!" And when they look I would set all their controls to taunt. Then be a douche and not let them change it back. I believe both players have to agree to end a match to change controls? If so, lulz.

And I use Y for grab. I don't know why. I should try shield on that button sometime. Y and L, I never use for some reason. Wasn't good at Melee, played Jigglypuff anyway, didn't feel the need to use the L button lololololololool

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
This is what I change my controller to:

L = B
Y = Shield

Because 3 jumps (tap jump, x, y) is a waste, and I need 2 shield buttons (for powershielding multihit attacks like tornado).. ^_^

I don't play Lucas but I use b stick properties for other characters. It is possible to bstick without any changes at all, but a lot harder (ask NinjaLink). The B button on L makes it easier to press b + cstick at the same time.

Levitas

the moon
w/o any changes, there's something like a one frame directional input window for bsticking manually. As in, at a specific frame, you need to go from left to right (or reverse that).

That's kinda strict timing.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
there's a hack called "Unrestricted Control Editing", can someone try it?

Unrestricted Control Editing [spunit262]
211973CC 7CC6F82E
051973CC 38C20060
05197468 38620060
05197574 38820060
05197680 38E20060
051976B4 38620060
051978CC 38E20060
065A9380 0000000A
00010203 04050A0B
0C0D0000 00000000
E0000000 80008000
Hacked by Y.S. For NTSC-J, ported by spunit262.

Top Bottom