• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Hatch a Healthy and Taunty Pichu by Coen, Outdated

rooffiss

Smash Rookie
ya a vid of a pichu pwning a marth or a shiek would be great inspiration for all of the bottom tier players in the world

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I might as well post up a vid of me vs. a top tier character in a tournament, particularly Fox, because I'll be reppin Pichu in a certain tourney. I'll post them when it's done.

xelad1

Smash Ace
dude... you made a pichu guide, that in itself deserves to be commended great job, theres nothing i like more than humiliating my sheik playing friend by beating him with pichu and taunt cancelling every kill... i believe you may only need cuteness to win after all.. very frustrating for him ^_____^

Nite

Smash Champion
You did a really great job on your Pichu guide. I wanted to get your permission to post it on SSBBrawl.com. It is a new forum similar to Smashboards, but it is a lot smaller.

Please PM whenever you get the chance. Thanks man.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ZOMFG Th1$ 6U1D3 1$ t3h 1337!!!!111!!!!

On a more serious note, Pichu's goggle-costume is enough reason to play him alone.

As a rather intellegent llama once said to me: NGCXX's Pichu is so good that a blind man once underwent surgery to reverse his blindness, just so that he could see the brilliance of it.

That day was a weird day. I saw a clock melt, too. The world just gets too weird for me at times.

Kudaku

Smash Rookie
im not sure if it was already mentioned but when using pichu
go to training mode and lay bomb-ombs
then smash down a
and it won't hurt you

anyway new here nice to meet you all

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
im not sure if it was already mentioned but when using pichu
go to training mode and lay bomb-ombs
then smash down a
and it won't hurt you

anyway new here nice to meet you all
Yup, Downsmash had invincibility frames. And welcome, have a nice time ^^

Great guide, NGCXX. I enjoyed the read, and can't wait to try some things out. ^_^
Thanks ^^

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I read this playing guide on Pichu, Coen, and I really liked it. No, like is an understatement, more like love it! Because of this guide I learned from my errors in my previous Pichu playing a time ago and actually got way better. If you aren't sure who I am I think you remember me on IM, NGCXX (the dude that always asks you if you're way too busy to talk to). Anyways, keep up the good work.

marthsword

Smash Ace
w00t

w00t! makes me want to use pichu as at least a secondary. Pichu rulez. ADDING TO YOUR REP NOW! (IT'D MAKE ME HAPPY IF YOU DID BACK BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER CUZ PICHU OWNS!

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoah, haha. I saw you made the last post here, NJ, so I was all like 'no waaayyy...-__-...h's so gonna bash my guide' and it turned out you liked it XD

Thanks for the Rep, I'll rep you back

marthsword

Smash Ace
Well, not using pichu as one of my mains, but I do enjoy using him, and he is my top secondary. It's so great that you wrote this, all other pichu guides s*cked, but then you came along and wrote the best pichu guide ever. Thank you. Great that you did this, and I'm glad NJZ liked it.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Whoah, haha. I saw you made the last post here, NJ, so I was all like 'no waaayyy...-__-...h's so gonna bash my guide' and it turned out you liked it XD

Thanks for the Rep, I'll rep you back
LMAO :laugh:

I'm not that mean >.> I mean, seriously, this guide clearly owns

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, thanks NJ ^^ Respect

And Naota-kun, how could I forget you :p Thanks to you too!

And hey, I noticed you changed your Foxandfalco accounts username :p 4500 + posts ftw >.>

mcc

Smash Ace
"light" shouldn't be a pro. you should use the word "floatyish" or something :p

and a fast short hop should be a pro (instead of a con) cause it allows for faster uh stuff. i don't think shorthop difficulty should ever be considered when evaluating a character

good job. +rep for you :)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
mcc: I agree with you and I will change it ^^ I made the shorthopping a con because it's harder to learn, I don't remember why I didn't make it a pro in the first place, but whatever. =p

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
No ****tin me O_o
I read the whole thing xD

Watch Bleach -> read guide while next epi is loading -> Watch Bleach -> read guide while next epi is loading -> etc. ^^

I am sorry, I read the Taunt part and I am only 15 years old ;(
What should I do? I am so scared right now, I don't know what to do against pro Pichu's anymore cause they will pwn the hell out of me with the incredible taunts of Pichu O_o

Pichu should be top tier man, if only players would use taunt combo's more he would probably win tourneys and stuff all the time, just like fox X_X

I still can't believe it,
Thank you 4 showing me the light, I will start playing Pichu with his incredible taunt power O_O

marthsword

Smash Ace
Pichu is my new favorite character to play, but I'm not very good with him yet. I aspire to be great with pichu. Guide is teh 1337.

EDIT: My banner has Pichu in it!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
"Shorthop: It’s just as hard to shorthop with Pichu as with Pika. "

Is this really true? Because while I have an easy time sh-ing with Pichu I have a harder time w/ Pika >.>
IMO Pichu is easier to use than Pika...

edit: hmm k thx mcc, strange...

anyway, I felt that I needed to read this some time, so I did... and yes, it's brilliant. But taunt combo: Taunt to Shield grab = fun too ^_^

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
why would you pick a character like this? not only is it not a good character, but its also not cute

i just dun get it...

;P

good guide dude haha i'll never pick pichu but it was a nice read very cool

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
mcc: Peach always has a huge advantage no matter what.

Gimpy: It's a novelty character ^^ LOL @ me saying that. Thanks for the reply :p

And everyone else too, thanks ^^ I feel honoured.

And Gimpy, if you ever revisit this thread, take a look at Con # 8 ;)

PichuFTW

Smash Rookie
Yay, I finally got a chance to finish reading this! You did an awesome job with this, and i loved the taunt section...not to mention the running jolt wall :chuckle: This should definitely help me develop my Pichu more.

Con # 8: Gimpyfish dislikes Pichu. Don't expect him to respect you if you're gonna play Pichu.
That's a pretty steep con there, don't you think? '>_>

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
lolz boozer coot? wtf is you thinxingz mangz gimpy boozer not coot what r u boozing you boozing boozer >.> pichu so much cooter wat now XD

Anyway, this Pichu guide now has the approval of a Boozer player. Interesting.
I still like this guide even tho I suck w/ Pichu

marthsword

Smash Ace
Add more matchups! I saw in a thread that you almost completely coverd Chu's matchup with Luigi, so I know you can do it.

And you got me to main pichu. That is good.

I look forward to the video guide!

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
Nice Guide! I've always used Pichu to slap cocky *******s in the face, and now I can do that all the more effectively. I'd go through and spell check though. You've got a lot of errors, including two rather crucial ones: In the part about the down-b you said that you "cant" dodge it by shorthopping to the side, and I'm pretty sure that you meant that you can. In the ledgecrawl >100% you said forgot the word don't when you said "you probably should overuse this, for obvious reasons." These errors might be confusing to some people. Other than that nice job. I learned a lot.

Top Bottom