• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to handle Mii Fighters in Tournaments?

Ziondood

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to the Smash scene, been playing the series for quite a while but not competitive.

The local game store I work for is starting to host Smash tournaments and I was curious how other tournaments are handling Mii Fighters?
Are any allowing them, and if so what are the restrictions?

Thanks everyone!

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I posted this in another thread, but will post again here with a concept that could allow them to be used in competitive play.

First of all, the customizations of the special moves wouldn't be allowed. For time purposes, and for the sake of the opponent knowing what moves should be used.

There would be 12 fighters created on the Wii U, hopefully prior to the tournament.

Fighter 1 (Brawler): All #1 special moves
Fighter 2 (Brawler): All #2 special moves
Fighter 3 (Brawler): All #3 special moves
Fighter 1 (Gunner): All #1 special moves
...and so on.

This allows the custom fighters to be used, but not with total customization, just the three basic sets, again so the opponent knows what moves to expect. Now, to further allow the opponent understand WHO they are facing, the tournament standard would have each 'set' designated to a particular shirt color.

Fighter 1 (Brawler): All #1 special moves (Always has RED shirt)
Fighter 2 (Brawler): All #2 special moves (Always has BLUE shirt)
Fighter 3 (Brawler): All #3 special moves (Always has GREEN shirt)
Fighter 1 (Gunner): All #1 special moves (Always has YELLOW shirt)
...and so on.

This way, in the future, opponents will recognize the color of the shirt and associate that to a move set that would become standard to that fighter (color).

This still provides entrants the ability to use the custom Mii's, just not their own unique custom move set. It just takes a little to much extra time pre-match to do, along with all the other pre-match stuff like stage striking.

I truly believe this could work as a 'best of both worlds' allowing users to use Mii fighters without it holding up or delaying a tournament or causing confusion for the opponent on what move set they are facing.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom