• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to do....

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
mega fast shine to back air
repeated firefox on ledge
repeated illusion on ledge (both = more invincibility frames)
multiple JC shines on ground.... like 4+ jc shines sonecutively?

can anyone explain in detail what/when to press for these

also, when do you do shine + wavedash or shine + pillars
in what situation would you use each of them? higher % = waveshine? or is that pillar?

KLuless1

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure this is all in other threads somewhere... Use search button?

Shine > Bair is all about timing the jump cancel... Just jump out of shine (up or X or Y) and Bair.
Firebird stall: tap away from the ledge on the analog stick and then immediately up-B.
Illusion stall: tap away from the ledge on the analog stick and then immediately side-B toward ledge (must be extremely fast).

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Many ways to do it. This is just me.

Shinebair - Shine -> Flick the stick up to jump and c-stick to aerial
Firefox Stall - Down-Up press B
Zhu Stall (I can't do this one cuz i suck)- Left-right press B
Multishine - I put the jointed part of my thumb (part where it bends) on the Y and slide over to B while holding down.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure this is all in other threads somewhere... Use search button?
he's right. it's pretty sad when someone named KLuless1 has more of clue then you :laugh:

personally...
shinebair i just shine, then up on the joystick, and cstick the direction i want for the bair. my fastest/easies/most consistent way to do it.
firestall i go sideways from the edge and then rotate my stick up and hit b at the appropriate time.
multishines i use Y2B really fast for fox, but for falco i use X2B and about the same speed

gl

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Dang man, people raging over a newbie. It's not so bad, I've done worse.

Why would you use X2B for Falco? For like a delay or something?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
mega fast shine to back air
repeated firefox on ledge
repeated illusion on ledge (both = more invincibility frames)
multiple JC shines on ground.... like 4+ jc shines sonecutively?

can anyone explain in detail what/when to press for these

also, when do you do shine + wavedash or shine + pillars
in what situation would you use each of them? higher % = waveshine? or is that pillar?
Mega fast shine to bairs are usually done in the air, because Falco's ground jump takes 6 frames to start up, and once you add in the hitlag from the shine itself for hitting an opponent, it looks really slow. In the air your jump starts way faster. My method is just shine, snap up on control stick, and bair appropriately on the c-stick.

I press away and roll my control stick up and hit b. Some people hit down then up+b, but the window and the time you get to abuse invincibility frames is smaller.

C-stick away, then snap over b INSTANTLY. Really hard to get consistently, and the reward is not that much more significant.

JC shines on the ground without hitting anyone is pointless. It messes up your timing when you are actually hitting someone, which is when it has a point. Plus, you really only need two anyways. They are used to beat crouch canceling, beat shielding grabbing, and change timings on shield pressure sequences. I would say only practice them blank to get the feel down, then always practice them on someone or their shield. I can use any method personally the jc shines (ie, control stick, x, or y). They all do the same thing, but Y to B is the least comfortable for me.

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
thank you everyone for the help :)

in what situations would you use these?

shine + wavedash or
shine + pillars

in what situation would you use each of them? i use pillars all the time, dont see point of doing waveshine...

Stratford

Smash Champion
Well if the shine hits, against Fox/Falco/Falcon at low percent, you probably want to wd out so you can **** more.

TresChikon

Smash Lord

shine + wavedash or
shine + pillars

in what situation would you use each of them? i use pillars all the time, dont see point of doing waveshine...
Lol, for a sec i thought i was in Fox boards, I would've raged.

Unless they don't DI, you can use a waveshine to chase them at lower percentages, it's great on FFer's

Pillars are good on shields, but you might opt for a shinegrab instead if you get grabbed too much.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord

shine + wavedash or
shine + pillars

Watch high level players dude, and experiment with them yourself. Most shield pressure only works if your opponent has no, or is bad at out of shield options, rolls predictably, or sits in their shield. It's a good mix up, but more and more Falco's are switching to pillar traps and grab options than trying to get the shield stab off these days, which is making them more efficient I think.

Waveshines are just good for tech chases and adjusting spacing on pressure sequences. If someone is near the edge run forward and wavedash backwards to where their roll would end and shine if they tried to roll behind you. If not, JC out real quick and laser or wavedash backwards out and reverse short hop laser.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Dang man, people raging over a newbie. It's not so bad, I've done worse.

Why would you use X2B for Falco? For like a delay or something?
exactly. i move my fingers at relatively the same speed, but it's a little farther apart. it made it worlds easier for me...but i'm really weird lol

edit: i wasn't raging i just thought kluless's name was too funny to pass. lol

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Mega fast shine to bairs are usually done in the air, because Falco's ground jump takes 6 frames to start up, and once you add in the hitlag from the shine itself for hitting an opponent, it looks really slow. In the air your jump starts way faster.
This is how you do shine-bairs at high percents. No one ever told me this. After seeing Chops play at ZP (Lan center in SFL) I saw him do a shine-bair and I wanted to learn to do it. As soon as I got home I practiced for an hour but I couldn't do it like he was doing it. Then I did it by accident while in the air and realized that jumping out your shine in the air is much faster.

Top Bottom