• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to do nana dash attacking desync?

psicicle

Smash Ace
Hi I wanted to know how to make nana dash attack on here own from stuff like a grab or whatever circumstances. I do this a lot by accident and a lot of the time it is very effective. When nana dash attacks, popo usually tilts, I usually do this when I'm just trying to do a forward tilt.

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
i have no idea how to do it, it just happens to me randomly like when i Fsmash, and popo does it but Nana dash attacks. or sometimes when i grab nana does a moonwalk dash attack(pretty weird). but yeah, can anyone enlighten us with information

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
i have no idea how to do it, it just happens to me randomly like when i Fsmash, and popo does it but Nana dash attacks. or sometimes when i grab nana does a moonwalk dash attack(pretty weird). but yeah, can anyone enlighten us with information
Well, the first one is a known desynch. If you dash in the opposite direction you face (I don't know if it can be done forwards), you have a six-frame window to hit A. In that window Popo will have started to dash but Nana will still be stationary, and it will be a close enough call to make her f-smash instead.

The second one it just really weird. I've had that happen to me too. My guess is Nana was facing away and sliding towards you faster than her walking speed, and the dash attack was done in a close enough range that she still moonwalks towards you.

As for the original post, it would be really cool if we could actually find out how to control this. Throwing Nana into a body tackle is probably even more helpful than a flying blizzard. Or, it could only be Nana acting weird. I've had her u-smash a recovering opponent after I ledge-hopped a (missed) b-air, killing them. I didn't even do anything.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
edit: ah crap, sorry bout the double post. that hasnt happened to me in a while O_o

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
They say Nana will "choose" a good Ice Climbers player. If you're a skilled player, your Nana will be skilled too. ^_^ That is my only explanation, and THE only explanation.

also lol: sometimes controllers with loose sticks cause desynchs to act differently from what you want, because very subtle changes in stick movement can cause dash attacks/smashes/aerials/tilts to get all mixed up sometimes, especially when desynched.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
They say Nana will "choose" a good Ice Climbers player. If you're a skilled player, your Nana will be skilled too. ^_^ That is my only explanation, and THE only explanation.
So THAT'S why my Nana sucks. Thanks for affirming that belief.... >_>>>>>

psicicle

Smash Ace
hmm I don't think I'm the best but my nana is actually smart as hell. More often than not she will dash attack the opponent, or jab or something when I am seperated. Rarely does she ever stand there. Once she actually won me a game by smashing the opponent while I was off the stage on my last stock unable to recover.

Also, my controller is new, the control stick has very little dead zone.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
My Nana is a beast. She is actually better than me. lol

So a few of us got down and figured out what makes her so good.

One of the reasons is that she is controlled by none other than Chuck Norris when I'm not giving her commands. So you seperate us and you're in deep ****. Chuck Norris mains Nana.

But seriously my Nana has gotten me several free kills, my opponents can't predict her, and she has even won me games by getting the last KO when I had no hope of recovering. ^_^

What Kyu said about the dash/smash is correct. Too bad it's not very useful. The sliding moonwalk happens sometimes when you have Nana dash attack out of her leash. I've actually chaingrabbed by having her do dash attacks from the other side of my opponent. Sometimes she'll get pulled backwards (away from Popo, but still facing him) and dash attack again. So you can continually D-throw into her dash attack. Unfortunately there's no way I know of to consistently reproduce it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
My Nana is good because she's actually Popo. SantaClimberz4life.

Edit - Sorry I read your post wrong. The Popo Smash/ Nana Dash one is actually a pivot desynch. You can do the inverse of the dash/smash desynch by pivoting and hitting a (still holding the joystick to one side). Popo will charge a smash, and Nana will do a shortened dash attack in front of you.

Binx

Smash Master
I like doing the popo dash and nana smash, if the popo dash hits they get fsmashed immediatedly and if jump they usually get smashed, if they block then their shield gets smashed and they have a tough time doing anything to you while you run because of shield stun.

Wish I could figure out how to do it on purpose.

Top Bottom