• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with...

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
It is basically a continuation of what we were talking about in the OBR. I give a situation, and you guys come up with the best ways to solve them. I will give a situation per week (since it's more people here than the OBR). At the end of the week i will update it with the best answers, and give a new situation. I'll try to make them as genaral as possible, so they can be applied to all opponents.

As it was before, try to be Creative, but please be reasonable. Who knows, maybe somebody knows something that we don't.

Situation #1
Your opponent is recovering from the right of Smashville. The moving platform has just reached the right as well. they have all their jumps and you are currently standing on the moving platform. they are out of the screen, (in the magnifying glass) and recovering on the same level as the moving platform. what do you do to edgeguard and possibly gimp them?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
If it's anyone besides Ness, Lucas, Mario, Zelda, Fox, Falco, Wolf, ROB, Marth, or Lucario, I'd PKT them into oblivion. The side of the head has high priority, higher than the front. Even if I miss with the head, they'd get stunned by the tail, which kills 2nd jumps. After they're forced to Up B or however else they'd recover, I'd go with forward air... comes out fast, is probably gonna be fresh because I seldom use it onstage, and is a KO move, especially that close to the edge of the screen. If it's one of the characters mentioned above that can some how parry PKT, then I'd aim a PK Fiyah at them. Chances are I'd miss, but they will have had to have jumped or airdodged. If they evade high, I'd go for an up Smash... If they evade low, they'd need to up B to reach the platform, after which I would grab and fthrow...

A lot of it depends on my own % as well as the opponent's, but... yeah, I think that's roughly what I'd think of doing.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
full hop perfect landing onto the platform if you aren't already on it and immediately Dsmash. Chances are they'll double jump in an attempt to get to the platform and get hit by it from above through any airdodge or recovery they might try. It should even trade hits with Marth or MK's Up B's. Do it from around the center of the platform rather than the edge so that even if they get behind you it's likely they'll get hit.

If they see you coming and save their double jump and Up B in an attempt to make it to the ledge rather than the platform, you should have time to make it back to the ledge before they do and edgeguard with PKT1. The only times they might get there before you is if they're playing Metaknight or Jiggs or something. Either way you have risked nothing and are in an advantageous position.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I'd use PKT to knock them around until the platform moves away and then edgeguard if i can.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Two PK Fires. SH PK Fire off the stage, immediately drop through said platform and pk fire again, if both missed, jump and go for fair or uair, then recover.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Umm... why?

It's a projectile, after all...
SV moving platform travels almost to touching the blastzone, so if the opponent is offscreen, then both of you will be really close. At this time, PKT won't be fast enough to turn around to tailwhip, so a simple air dodge and you'll be in a bad position, and you can't cancel the PKT with an object

Top Bottom