• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Deal with Downsmashing Peach?

OrangeMewtwo1337

Smash Cadet
What is the correct thing to do for a shiek facing a peach that is extremely down-smash happy? I find approaching unsafe and peach's downsmash is hard to punish. About 80% of the time I can react fast enough to not get hit by it but the 20% I do get hit it does 25-60% damage. It's super annoying. What do I do?

Random23

Smash Cadet
Approaching peach at low %'s is difficult. Try waiting for the dsmash to finish though and grabbing? What situations are you getting hit by it in?

Sempai

Smash Ace
Make sure you are very careful about when you hold down versus peach.

Abuse your needles, if there really d-smash happy you can just run in and WD back.

After they Dsmash, just grab. Theres enough lag after she does it(shes -10 frame advantage), just got to be quick.

Also angle down your shield when they do catch you with it, to avoid being shield stabbed.

If your just running up and getting Dsmashed, you need to mix up your approach.

If its after an aerial, you have to remember that all FC aerials from peach have +4 frame advantage, with the exception of dair.

So try to avoid a situation where shes coming down on you with an aerial, use your movement, abuse platforms, sheik is faster then peach.

Hope this helps

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
If they are doing it so much they just spam it in neutral, you should bait it out. Run up to them and wavedash back. Force them to whiff, and then you run up and grab them during its lag (there's a decent amount).

If they do it on your shield, angle your shield down so you don't get poked, and then WD OOS and grab. The timing can be pretty tight, but once you do it often there's definitely enough time for you to get the grab off.

Charge needles and spam bairs also, helps a lot in the peach matchup.

Top Bottom