• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to call Luma instantly? (Teleporting?)

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I'm not entirely sure. My guess is either a maximum range auto tether, or some mechanic involving calling it back when it is in the blast zone. If no one else can explain exactly how it works, I'll do my best to figure it out.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It's a failsafe of some sort I'm pretty sure. It happens pretty consistently when Luma starts falling next to a solid wall. I suspect it's a way to keep it from clipping inside the stage and the game just teleports it to Rosalina when it detects something like that happening.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Okay! Did some testing, and here's a few random tips on how and when this will work, and when it won't:

- Paranoid's hunch was correct, I've only been able to force it when the Luma was either directly next to a wall, or underside of the stage.

- The automatic Luma warp recalls the Luma to its standard untethered standby distance, while forcing the recall while it's near the wall and low enough will port it to its standard tethered distance.

- It requires a minimum horizontal distance away from Rosalina, which is a bit longer than the usual untethered standby distance. Being too close to it will cause Luma to die.

- Luma doesn't appear to be in any kind of stun, and can attack the moment appears. I was able to get magical teleport up smashes a few times, which could be fun in the extreme case where you can predict this happening.

- It always warps before the actual blastzone, and using any attack animation that causes it to fall below this line will cause it to die. ( I sometimes got it to port by recalling it, not exactly sure how it works ^^' )

- It seems for short distances, it's instantaneous, whereas longer distances, it has a speeding ball of light animation with a short travel time.

- If stuck under a classic FD styled stage ( flat on bottom, any slope will just cause it to go around ), the Luma will port through it after about 5-7 seconds of inactivity ( no attacking, movement is irrelevant ).

If there are any questions about how I worded things, or additional things you guys would like me to test, let me know. It's actually pretty fun learning about all these obscure mechanics. Anything that lets me get cheesy kills on For Glory is a welcome addition to my toolkit.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
If you watch Rosalina's trailer closely, you can see Luma teleporting to Rosalina with this animation just before it frees her from DK's cargo hold. Fun fact.

Top Bottom