• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to beat peach

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
I've tried Ylink, Marth and Jiggs, out of these 3 jiggs is definitely my best character but I just can't get close to her because of those damn turnips and whenever I do get close I just hit a shield and if I make one mistake on spacing vs said shield I get dsmashed and eat 40%, I have no clue on what to do anymore. My aerials get completely shut down by those turnips and she beats me in every other area, what am I missing here?

Last edited:

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Why are you asking the Peach boards for tips against Peach? Shouldn't you go to the puff boards to ask about tips since they would know your character better.

Anyways, you should probably just improve your overall fundamentals, spacing, gameplay etc. I know that's general advice but you aren't giving any specifics so my advice is going to be general.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
its not that bad of a matchup for both jiggs and marth.
everything jethrotex said holds. with marth it should be easy if you have good distance and nice wd oss
keep pressure on her, don't let her play the turnip lottery. recatching can really mess her up too depending on how spammy the friend you play is

also dont CC anything! dsmash will always clip you. marths tipper range is good counter for staying away

Doublecork

Smash Apprentice
Lol Marth straight up destroys Peach. yLink is a good counter too. Spacing with Marth can beat Peach so easily. Peach can barely punish a Puff rest. yLink is basically and anti floaty weapon.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Space, because up close Peach's Dsmash--especially when sweet-spotted--will [censored] you all night and won't even stay for breakfast in the morning. If you're playing a swordsman like Marth or Ylink then just swat away the turnips because those are her best options for closing gaps. Also beware of up-throws into uptilts.

Spooky Ghost

Smash Rookie
your aerials have better range and come out quicker. Being aggressive against peaches is the way to go. Don't let them throw turnips and eventually they will start dash attacking and downsmashing which you can punish with rest

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
As Puff, all you need to do is space properly and bair. It's hard for a Peach to combat that.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Uh all of Peach's aerials go through pills...so does all of her moveset besides ftilt...

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
She would if she could approach. But she can't use turnips and she's too slow. Pills mess up he float so she spends the whole match trying to get in.
that is not true at all... and even if it was the match is still in her favor. his range sucks, you can outspace almost anything. she can float above the pills or cancel them with her aerials.

turnips are still usable just be sure to throw, then drop/jump to another level and approach along there. if he capes he will miss you with the rebound and be stuck in punishable lag. if he tries to avoid he needs to be careful of the turnip from above and your dash attack/fc aerial from below.

also cc dsmash wrecks doc and will catch him a lot due to his awful grab and jab range

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
How to beat Peach 101:

- Explore Peach's pivotal failures. (Low Speed, Low aerial mobility)
- In neutral, position yourself where she can get punished for getting a turnip.
- Apply enough pressure so she has to choose a sub-optimal option and punish accordingly (works with every character, but Peach mains have the trigger finger on the C-Stick)

Mr. S

Smash Apprentice
I deal with Peach by being really careful. I either play Young Link or Fox against Peach because they have tools that allow you to annoy her from a safe distance, are mobile and can punish her pretty hard (mostly due to the mobility). Peach has insane pressure and punish games, so being reckless is not an option. Young Link and (especially) Fox both also can out-camp Peach handily (at least in my experience) and have tools to deal with annoying stuff (turnips). Fox is kind of a double-edged blade because Peach has a ridiculous chaingrab on him and has plenty of other tools to combo him really hard. Young Link doesn't have a lot of good, reliable killing options on Peach other than projectile --> dair, but his sword cuts through turnips and can keep Peach away if you space properly.

Something that makes Peach a little tricky to play against is that she's really good at taking a stock pretty much whenever she wants if you aren't cautious.

Well this post turned out a little longer than intended. I meant to just say that MTL Kyle's advice of exploiting Peach's critical failures is important, but you also want to be wary of her strengths. Peach has a lot of really nasty stuff. I like to deal with her by outcamping her and punishing her once she makes a mistake due to frustration with being camped. So far, it's worked pretty well. Peach being not particularly mobile works in camping's favor because it's easy to tell when she's going to try to approach or fake you out.

Peach telegraphs a lot of things lol

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Peach has a lot of really nasty stuff.

Peach telegraphs a lot of things lol
Yeah, she has a lot of nasty stuff. But unfortunately they only work if you let her use them. If you abuse of smart pressure, she will never have openings to punish you.

Peach telegraphs things because she is super slow and it's hard to not telegraph when you are not a high level player. Explore her speed and you won't have problems with that. :p

I think my post covers everything up in a short way.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad I don't main Peach anymore, to be honest if you want to know how to beat a character, just use it against someone else and see what they do and copy/paste

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad I don't main Peach anymore, to be honest if you want to know how to beat a character, just use it against someone else and see what they do and copy/paste
Peach is love.
I do agree that playing more characters gives you knowledge of his possibilities, but you can always play more of your character and hone your skills specifically so you don't have to care about matchups, but with basic things and adaptation :p

Fakes

Smash Apprentice
Hbox plays a super defensive puff against peach, at least from what I see. Spacing out those bairs and don't get down smashed

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Puff Peach is actually really hard at high level, because Puff messes up less and less and Peach punishes are great on Puff.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
I may not be a Peach main anymore, but I still like to use her once in a while. I think even at my lower level of play Puff is one of the harder match ups

Top Bottom