• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Approach?

Jelson

Smash Cadet
I've been watching the best Luigi mains play for a couple months now after picking up both this game and the character myself. I feel like my skill level has shot and I'm significantly better than when I first started learning advanced techniques. With that being said; I wanted to ask how you all make your Luigis move. Naturally, one picks up on the bait-and-switch back and forth wavedash, but this is nowhere near an optimal movement option in tournament play. Lately I've picked up on little tricks such as dashing into a wavedash, moonwalking to wavedash, and my main method which is dash dance to pivot wavedash.

Moving with Luigi I've found is perfectly stringing together wavedashes and wavelands at the right angles (on the analogue stick) to properly position and space yourself from your opponent. So TL;DR: how do I move like Abate/Vist/Eddy?

Last edited:

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
This May not seem like à big advice but... Get the 20xx training pack, put on time mode and select Luigi. Then up on the dpad to skip to the stage selection and you'll be alone on the stage
Wavedash and waveland arround for a while(you can listen to music or something...)

Do it regularly. The aim is to really bury it in your brain, that way once you're in a match you won't have to divide your focus between your movement and your oponent. You must be able to move arround freely without thinking about the input, and that only comes with endless grinding in the lab.

The less you think about input the more you'll think about options and where to place your self arround the stage :o )

Top Bottom