• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Approach/finish with Marth

The Only Toes

Smash Rookie
I couldn't find any threads on this so I thought i would make one here. What are the best methods for approaching as marth? played falco for a while before this so i'm not familiar with the character much at all. I assume grabbing leads into a lot of things but what other options does he have to approach and start his combos?

Also When i've racked up quite the beautiful percent number, what are some of his ways to approach for an easy kill?

Thanks again in advanced Frens :]

The Only Toes

Smash Rookie
I imagine approaching is different against different characters, but if someone could at least give me general ideas for the current s rank characters that'd be awesome

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Well dashdance grab is pretty good, since like you said throws lead into a lot of things. Fairs, F-Tilts, dash into d-tilt are good for approaching. Lots of stuff. Marth is a very flow character. You have to learn how to transition in to other moves often. EX: Fox is on yoshis bottom platform. U-tilt into utilt, Uair, f-smash. Usually you will finish with Tipper F-Smash, Dair, normal edge guarding. Gimps like Fthrow>dtilt>Jump off into 2 fairs>Edgehog. Just play and experiment with him. Hope that helps :)

Enemony

Smash Rookie
Another big one for characters similar to marth, (obviously rediculous in Marth vs Marth) is run crouch cancle down tilt. Of course you can only do this when there is a lot of space between the two of you and you are on the same level (like final destination flat). Just start running (past the point of where you can start to dash dance) and then crouch when you come up to him and press A. They might be expecting a dash attack the way you are charging at them, and catch them off gaurd with this.

Mr. Bean

Smash Apprentice
Is this the jimmies teaching the jimmies thread? Can we get some pro hype? Lol but for real though. It depends on the MU. Dtilt in most cases is the go to move.

Top Bottom