• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do people rage quit against you?

Xanthous

Smash Cadet
Either suicides or card popping, how often do you get people who rage quit against you? Do you think it has anything to do with your character or play style, or are people online just salty?

Usually when I play FG, people rage quitting is not uncommon at all. One thing I noticed though is I get much more rage quits when I play my main, R.O.B., over my secondary, Morton. I only recall getting one or two rage quits ever while playing Morton, but I once got four rage quitters in a row while playing as R.O.B.

I don't even really care that much if they double suicide and just end the match but I hate when people pop their carts once they are about to lose. I was facing a ridiculously good Villager in FG that was putting up a good fight but also taunting a lot, but once I landed the grab that would kill them they popped their cart out. I don't care if you don't want to fight and double suicide, but don't run away when you are about to lose.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I get people to rage quit against my Shulk only when I body them to the point where they could not even come back B) Only on For Glory tho-people usually enjoy playing my Shulk.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
After I took the first stock one :4marth: on FG with my :4luigi:, he proceeded to suicide. He did it again in the next match.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I get people to rage quit against my Shulk only when I body them to the point where they could not even come back B) Only on For Glory tho-people usually enjoy playing my Shulk.
That's because your really FEELING it!

Last edited:

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Recently a ton of people i play on for glory just sd on their second life if i do really well in their first stock.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
People often ragequit when beat them with :4dk: because LOL EVENTHUBS (they say he's the worst character and people can't deal with being beaten by ''the worst'') and :rosalina:for obvious reasons.
But i don't think people rage quit because you're using a specific character, with a few exeptions here and there that will leave for this reason. I think those who ragequit are these people trying to keep their win rate at the highest % they can

Last edited:

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I'd actually fight you just to save a replay to improve my shulk game, I have trouble with his fast fall neutral air so I get help from Shulk mains on fg by seeing how they time it. It actually helps me.

I once PK Flashed a Zelda by reading how they were going to teleport... that was pretty cool. They raged quit and I won at 30% with the 2 stock.

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
People often ragequit when beat them with :4dk: because LOL EVENTHUBS (they say he's the worst character and people can't deal with being beaten by ''the worst'') and :rosalina:for obvious reasons.
But i don't think people rage quit because you're using a specific character, with a few exeptions here and there that will leave for this reason. I think those who ragequit are these people trying to keep their win rate at the highest % they can
Event Hubs is stupid.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I main Sonic, so of course when I'm running circles around them, you're bound to get a few. This is in lagless matches by the way, as I know some people SD so they don't get the 10 minute ban for leaving a match. Some people just can't handle getting beat, which I personally find hilarious.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Never had anyone do that against me online, but there have been occasions against my IRL friends who usually "die with honor" by SD'ing (in a joking behavior since we usually play for fun) once I started dominating the match which happens often.

The best example is when my friend :4marth: puts a CPU :4lucina: on his team to give himself a better chance (I didn't mind) against my :4pikachu:. I was still learning Pikachu and got myself down to 1 stock while my friend had all 3 and the CPU had 2. Somehow I managed to bring it all the way back and won against all 5 stocks.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can say I have. During most of my matches when I play either :rosalina:or :4megaman:, people do tend to back out even after one match. I'm here to have some fun, not make lame*** excuses for losing and/or quitting, mutha*****s!

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
i would rage quit if a guy spams the same strategy... it's too goddamn annoying and it's not really fun.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
For the first couple of months, I've barely had any ragequitters. Now 1-10 games I find people who would just give up. Especially when I use Falcon and have them at their last stock while i'm on my first at a low percentage.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
I play on the 3DS so lag matches are going to occur. Most of the time, if the game is so laggy where no one can barely play, the opponent just SD's themselves and quits after (which I guess is a normal reason to quit.)

I've only found a few people who rage quit themselves but that's usually in a situation where I have the upper hand (2 stocks, 40%) while themselves have like (1 stock 90%) but I found most people who play it until the end.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
It's really funny when another player takes the game card out the 3ds, makes me lol. Because I can tell when it happens. :bluejump:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
No one rage quits on me in-game, but whenever I play Wario and land a fully charged waft to win the game, they are nowhere to be found.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I've never had a ragequit in game ,although most people leave after getting beaten by Little Mac.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
Montclair, Virginia (Woodbridge/Dumfries Area)
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
I was playing a pac man and caught one of his neutral b items to prevent him from spawning more of them. His strategy heavily relied on spamming his neutral b special so after 4 or 5 failed attempts on his part to spawn fruit, bells, n keys, he just killed himself and went to sonic but still lost.

DarkJosh

Smash Cadet
Occasionally when I do really good in 1 round
What makes no sense to me is why they stay in the room next game, and choose the same character. If you go and RQ, wouldn't it make sense to try and change your character/play style?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
It's happened a few times. I had a noteworthy one just the other day:

But usually people will quit a match early if they SD or if they simply aren't feeling it. I will usually SD if someone else SDs. Sometimes if I am in a really frustrating situation - like against a Sonic that is literally running away from me all game when I am playing a slow character, on top of some awful WiFi - I will simply SD. I will try to win, but I'm not going to endure 7 minutes of stupidity (2 minutes from lag) for an online win against Alex's campy Sonic or Jake's Link that doesn't have an A button and rolls a minimum of 3 times consecutively.

Last edited:

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
People kill themselves against me all the time because my internet is so terrible. I've pretty much given up on playing online.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
More or less. But, sometimes people just SD with no reason at all. I proceed to run at them and meteor at the Blast Zone End.
Edit: I just remembered. Sometimes, people rage-quit when I play as Jigglypuff and win.

Last edited:

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
To my surprise I haven't seen too many RQs lately. The latest one was about a day or 2 ago when I took someone's stock within 30 seconds of the match.

☆Jisatsu☆

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aetherstone
3DS FC
5086-3292-2466
I derived my name from daily and frequent RQ's on FG. Rather than going by Seppuku (which is an act of preserving honor and preventing shame via suicide), I go with Jisatsu which is the modern and actual term for suicide (I feel that there is no honor in suicide RQ's and it, in fact, brings shame to the player). Granted, I main Rosa...but I'm not invincible/untouchable. I wouldn't even consider myself to be campy (even minus Luma), either. I've begun saving replays of people who RQ in this fashion just for laughs and inside jokes among my friends at work. I can't say I'm not guilty either, but some play styles can be quite difficult to tolerate. It's been a hot minute since I've done so, though. Probably only did it because of newb pains when the game first released.

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
If you play in a way that makes people ragequit (And I don't mean simply being good), you don't deserve to play this game and you should feel bad about yourself.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
It didn't happen as often when the game came out but to be honest now after 6000+ games it actually happens at least once everytime i play usually after completely bodying someone for a couple of games, and sometimes after taking the first stock really fast.
I think it's a combination of me getting better and maybe not as many good players being on For Glory.

Have noticed some people are respectful about it and taunt before they KO themselves too lol

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Dude was trying to beat me with various characters, and he picked Shulk. Tried to approach with dair.

So, I absolutely wreck him with Monado Kirby, and I have about 17% when I take his first stock. He jumps off the edge.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I get that feeling too. I've noticed a lot of people quit if you almost win (threat to their win rate, perhaps?), but they'll stay more often if they almost win.

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
I never get ragequits except when someone just won't quit and I'd feel guilty about leaving, so I switch to Diddy and they leave right after that usually.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
I get people to ragequit when I finish them off with a Rest above the lower blast line.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Very rarely to be honest, if any time, I'm usually to one to end the match because of bad lag

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Quite a bit actually. Probably the funniest one was this:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I've only seen people rage quit when our lag is unbearable during the match. Other than that, nah...people usually fight till there last breath.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Since I dislike leaving I often make people ragequit by taunting a lot whenever I want to stop.

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
I sometimes make my friends ragequit when I play Ganon because they hate it when I bait them off stage and flamechoke them. Other than that I made someone ragequit because I was annoyed by their really campy playstyle with zss and I stalled right back with villager and won in sudden death. They changed the tag to "You wimp" and left.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Faced a Sheik on For Glory today.

I don't think that person was used to being combo'd by a heavy character and having their stock taken at like 60%.
Only did 8% of damage to me.

As soon as the first stock was lost the person disconnected, the game buffered for a while and left me with a weak AI Sheik to toy with.

I laugh at your suffering, high-tier main.

Top Bottom