• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Much of a Nessecity are Stickers in Subspace?

M.K

Level 55
I never hear anyone saying "Oh, put this __________ on Zelda for Plus eight magic defense" or "You don't need _________ on Ike"

I'd like to know, did anyone really take advantage of this sticker placing?

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Any smasher with at lest a decent amount of skill really doesn't need some +whatever stat to beat computers.

Stickers are just gimmicks, so that's probably why they aren't getting much attention.

That, and we don't have a Brawl 1 player sub-forum like Melee has now.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
it would be interesting to see lists of the best stickers to put on certain characters. I'm sure on very hard and intense the stickers help out alot.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Maybe a few speed stickers on Bowser, or launch resistance stickers on Fox, but otherwise doubtful.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Who cares if they're nessecary or not-- obviously the characters are fine on their own. Doesn't mean constructing super-characters won't be fun.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
I beat everything on hard with no stickers the first time. Its probably doable on Very Hard after getting better at the game. You may want to use stickers for intense, unless you are very patient.

(I can't read Japanese and I didn't want to spend on inferring what they did)

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna collect stickers but probably only use them when I play SSE on Intense. I mean, it'd kinda be overkill to use stickers on an already good character when playing easy.

Plus, after you die, half the stickers disappear so relying on them probably wouldn't be a good plan. Then again, I do suck when playing certain characters **looks a Link** so I might give them a boost to even them all out.

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't sure how much the stickers were helping on my playthrough, but the ones I really noticed were the "Bring X item" and "Flinch resistance" ones. Those both are pretty sweet.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
On most difficulties base on your skill levels the stickers might be a unnecessary. On Intense may be another story. I don't know I haven't heard how bad 'intense' is exactly.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
They'd probably mean life or death on Intense, I assume.

Basically you should just put the stickers on that you think would improve your weak points. Y'know, perfect your character.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
You don't get **** for beating subspace on varying difficulties. It's kind of pointless, actually. And to run through on anything through hard, you won't need any stickers.

Also, if it takes you more than 8 hours game clock you really rather suck. SSE is nowhere near as epic as the dojo made it out to be. Sorry.

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
8 hours for one of the single player modes in a fighting game is pretty good. I'm sure you'll find something to do after you beat SSE.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to beat it on hard first and then try intense, but if it's true that half the stickers disappear upon death I can say goodbye to those on intense..

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
I beat everything on hard with no stickers the first time. Its probably doable on Very Hard after getting better at the game. You may want to use stickers for intense, unless you are very patient.

(I can't read Japanese and I didn't want to spend on inferring what they did)
Good point. One of the reasons we probably haven't heard much of them is because you don't know what they do unless you can read Japanese.

hamsterboy9

Smash Rookie
I wasn't sure how much the stickers were helping on my playthrough, but the ones I really noticed were the "Bring X item" and "Flinch resistance" ones. Those both are pretty sweet.
"Bring X item"? Could you explain that?

Zinger314

Smash Cadet
Using Stickers to buff overpowered moves might be effective. (i.e. Zelda's Heel, Ivysaur's up-smash)

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Being the incurable geek that I am, I'm going to want as many duplicates I can get my hands on. Therefore, not for me. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They probably WILL have a list of stickers and all that...later...

When more people actually have the game and they've had time to explore this all...

The game isn't even out yet in America

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Yea, well I didn't need stickers at all playing through subspace on easy. Today actually I tried it one "totemo Muzukashi" Which means "very hard" and I got killed pretty quick. So yea after putting some stickers on my trophy stand, my character improved immensely. So yea they are important if you want to beat the higher difficulties (I dont know what the point is of doing higher difficulties for SSE though =P )

Oh and the "bring x item" thing. That means if you put a certain sticker on, you will always start with a certain item. So one time I put a sticker on, and I had a beam sword every time I entered a room.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yea, well I didn't need stickers at all playing through subspace on easy. Today actually I tried it one "totemo Muzukashi" Which means "very hard" and I got killed pretty quick. So yea after putting some stickers on my trophy stand, my character improved immensely. So yea they are important if you want to beat the higher difficulties (I dont know what the point is of doing higher difficulties for SSE though =P )

Oh and the "bring x item" thing. That means if you put a certain sticker on, you will always start with a certain item. So one time I put a sticker on, and I had a beam sword every time I entered a room.
Do they have a sticker like that of every item

and what would happen if you put 2 of those on one character?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
it would be interesting to see lists of the best stickers to put on certain characters. I'm sure on very hard and intense the stickers help out alot.
Mostly knockback resistance helped me the most on Intense.

I'm going to beat it on hard first and then try intense, but if it's true that half the stickers disappear upon death I can say goodbye to those on intense..
Half the stickers you just collected during the level disappear, not the ones on you.

"Bring X item"? Could you explain that?
every time you enter a door/new area your character is holding that item.

Do they have a sticker like that of every item

and what would happen if you put 2 of those on one character?
Only one works.

Top Bottom