• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much has been figured out in this game? (barring customs)

Capricorn Genesis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Capricornicus
There's been a lot of work put into discovering how deep the core gameplay goes and hundreds of hours of playtime by plenty of competitive players. Considering the effort, how much more significant aspects could possibly be found?

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
Excuse me if it sounds flippant, but if we really knew the answer to that question, we'd also be able to find the things you speak of.

That said, the game is but a few months old, so consider how much was understood about the other Smash games' mechanics and metas at this point in their respective lifespans...but also consider that we have more precedents than we ever had with previous games...but then again, this game is a new beast...which kind of takes things right back to my initial statement, that is to say, who knows?

Inger

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kalificus
3DS FC
1349-5584-0682
Melee has been out since 2001. 14 years past and they are still discovering new tech.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
people have been looking for tech and there just isn't much there. it's the engine holding it back.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
You want tech? Go play Megaman, fun char if you like that stuff.
Jesus christ so many techs. Moving backwards jabs, nairing with items in hand, full aerial control nairs, Phantom lag cancelling, leafstooling. Mega Man is like a Melee player's dream in terms of skill depth.

Last edited:

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
This game is so deep that it is going to be as deep as we make it. The more we love this game and put our heart and souls into getting the better at it, the more we'll discover and get better together. In my opinion I think this game is just going to keep growing and growing as time goes on. If we all pitch in at tournaments and in the competitive and character forums we'll be able to learn more together and build a deep game that we've shaped together, so personally i'm pumped for the future

Top Bottom