• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much DLC will you buy?

So, how much?

• Total voters

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
Title. I'll buy most of it, but I won't buy anything that doesn't interest me. So I'll pass on any Xenoblade characters, as I have no interest in that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm only interested in characters (and stages, if they become available) at the moment.

:231:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I would buy all actual character costumes... Just no lame Mii costumes anymore please... (Sometimes I wonder if Sakurai has technical limitations like brawl hacks, where you have to sometimes delete a costume to put a new one in)

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
I'm only buying the stuff that truly interests me. I don't care at all about MewTwo so I won't be purchasing him any time soon. To be honest, when it comes to character DLC in general, I'm not all that interested since I barely make use of the Smash 4 roster as it is.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I only have Mewtwo at the moment. I highly doubt I'm gonna get Lucas since I don't like him unless my sister wants me to since she did used him in Brawl.

And I'm not diggin' the Mii costumes beside the Protoman and Mega Man X ones.

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
I might be the rare few that actually buy all the DLC that's put out there, this is due to the nature of it, as I wish to give Nintendo all the support they can get for Smash. Also, Nintendo has been on a REALLY good roll with DLC lately (Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors are proof of that) so it's impossible for them to say that the DLC they put out is blasphemy.

So yes, I am that guy that buys ALL the DLC no matter the price.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I'll only go for characters, stages and music, if available.

I never really play with Miis, so the costumes will just be a waste of money to me.
alternate costumes for my favorite fighters, however...I can dig that

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I'll likely just buy the characters, unless characters other than the Miis start to get costumes or if we get any other DLC that is more than costumes.

For both 3DS and Wii U though, as whilst I am DEFINITELY on the 3DS version less, I do meet up with Smash Bros peeps every few weeks, so it'll be fun to have it on both.

Last edited:

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I don't think DLC is a ripoff but I don't plan on getting any for this game so far. I can mess with the new characters at school if I need to, no need to spend money if I don't want to main them.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'll buy the ones that I like, of course.

D

Deleted member

I will probably buy all of the character and stage DLC, purely both for fun and learning match-ups. Whether I will buy for both versions or just the Wii U version is something I am debating on (probably the latter because I rarely play the 3DS version).

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Characters and stages (if stages become a thing) only for me. I don't really have interest in the costumes, mostly because I don't find myself using the Miis all that often, and I'm quite content with what the initial game has to offer for them anyway.

Khao

Smash Lord
Unless they're a Lucina/Dark Pit/Dr.Mario-level clone and a character I don't personally care about, I'll get every single character thrown my way, no matter who it is. And knowing me, if they do release clones I'll probably go back on my word and get them anyways.

I'll probably get stages too if they release any.

I was looking forward to the Mii costumes, especially the Proto Man one, but that was when I thought they were gonna sell them as $1.15 for the whole pack, not $1.15 each, so no thanks. A bunch of costumes that do absolutely nothing from a gameplay perspective shouldn't be priced anywhere close to a completely new character with a unique moveset, the fact that it's priced even higher is just ridiculous. It's still not a lot of money, but no.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo... And perhaps Inkling if she ends up being the next character. Not interested in Lucas and I don't see myself buying any other character.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I wouldn't have thought I'd be interested in costumes (especially at $1.15 apiece) but good night, Proto Man's armor/helmet are gorgeous. I'll probably stick to getting all the characters (and stages, if they do it that way) for the most part.

Last edited:

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I already bought Dunban, I'll definitely buy Lucas and other DLC Characters.

I can just feel Nintendo making us buy Mewtwo's customs...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Probably most things. I'll get the characters, stages, and modes (if they exist), but the Mii stuff may linger - Don't really play with Miis.

And I hope there's a lot. I want my characters in!

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'll buy every DLC fighter regardless of the character or the price. I play SSB with a large group of friends, so even if I personally don't like a character I still want that option to be there for those that do. If they do paid stage DLC I expect I'll buy all of them too, unless they look really unplayable or messy. Any nostalgia stages I'd buy in a heartbeat.

I haven't bought any of the costumes and I doubt I will. I don't see the point of dressing a Mii up like Link when Link himself is literally right there on the roster. Protoman and Dunban etc are neat I suppose, but not so neat that I'd spend money on them.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
So far my plan is all Fighters, no costumes. I never use mii's.

I really hope DLC Stages become a thing.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
All characters. Any and all stages they put out.

Costumes it depends. I bought Link outfit, X outfit and Proto Man outfit but no plans to buy anything else.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
If they released costumes for the fighters, like Wario and little mac have, I might buy those.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
From the looks of it I'll buy all the characters on the Wii U regardless of if I'm interested in them or not (since it's local multiplayer so I want as much variety as possible) but the 3DS...probably not. I'll probably buy all the stages unless they're super pricey. Music depends on how it's offered (per series or per stage would mean I'd probably just get the ones I'm interested in but if it's all in one big pack then I'll get it regardless). Mii Costumes are a snooze fest but if they have new costumes for the rest of the cast I'll look into them. And if they go as far as to offer new game modes, especially 1P ones, sign me up!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
My god. So if you want to play smash 4 competitively you need to spend a ton of money on DLC content? Another reason I'm glad I don't play this game.

At Smash 4 tournaments (when dlc characters come out) it's going to be a nightmare, every single setup is going to need to have all characters purchased... that's a lot of money when you need to run like 20-30 setups or more...

I really don't agree with DLC characters in smash. Stages, game modes, items, whatever.... but not characters. That's ****ed up.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Mii outfits aren't all that impressive when you're not able to use the Miis in random online matches.

Anyway, while I am game for DLC characters, the fact that they're added onto the All-Star mode list of opponents that you must face can make things even more difficult for you if you haven't conquered any of the harder All-Star mode challenges beforehand.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Only characters. Mewtwo is looking sick, and Lucas was one my pockets in Brawl. If the rumor is true, my mom used to play SFII in arcades when a teenager, so I will get Ryu too. Too bad that her favorite character is Zangief :ohwell:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I plan to buy characters for both. I only really plan to buy the proto Man Moi costume probably for both as well. So far I have plans to buy all characters (for fun and mu sake)

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Well, I host weeklies so I feel like it's my responsibility to have all of the DLC.

Also, I want this franchise to squeeze every cent out of people. There can never be too much Smash Bros.

Top Bottom