• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many people play as the physic kids?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Just wondering who actually likes the physic kids. I've heard a lot about people who say they suck, which is completely contrary to my beliefs on them. Ness and lucas are pretty much the characters i'm referring to here. I know a lot of people play zelda, so i won't mention her.

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
Don't you mean "psychic" not "physic"? lol

Also, I don't think this thread belongs. This is the Smash Workshop, for Brawl hacking related stuff. >_>

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
sry, i knew i was wrong. It's been a long time. Aww, man, you are right. It's nowhere near right. Oh well, a change for the future. And yes, but i couldn't really find a better place for it. I'm really very new to the forums, so i don't know where everything should and shouldn't go.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Really? Me and my brother verse many people who are zelda, plus my brother himself likes to play as zelda. I also notice that not a lot of people me and my brother have versed know how to deal with the psychic kids.

Blissard

Smash Lord
They aren't particularly hard to deal with. Sluggish moves, bad ground game, predictable KO options, and disgusting recovery. This doesn't mean that they're inviable for tourneys though. And I only have like one person who plays competitive Zelda in my state o.O

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Lucas and Ness are stupid popular, Zelda is a character nobody uses

They're pretty bad, but i've gotten wrecked by some smart Nesses... not any lucases but they've done some stupid stuff to me

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I never play either character, only because their playstyle is a bit too odd for me. On top of that, I could never get the aim right for their PK Thunder recovery. I know a friend of mine who plays Ness, though more of a secondary for him. He's a bit "a'ight" with Ness, but relies too much on Bthrows and Fairs. On top of that, both characters' recoveries are easy to gimp, Ness moreso than Lucas. Still, I have seen some Youtube videos of some really wicked Ness and Lucas players. Also, as for Zelda, I don't know if she's the least seen in tourneys, as I've heard the same for Jigglypuff.

Forlorn.

Smash Cadet
Just wondering who actually likes the physic kids. I've heard a lot about people who say they suck, which is completely contrary to my beliefs on them. Ness and lucas are pretty much the characters i'm referring to here. I know a lot of people play zelda, so i won't mention her.
They're both equally garbage.

Benify

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eggn0g
3DS FC
5214-9751-3548
I have seen ALOT and I mean alot of ness and lucas players in basic brawl (yes I play in basic brawl :awesome: ) . Many Lucas players are not very good (Spam Pk fire), Ness players on the other hand have done some pretty good wrecks to people in BB.

pkmntrainerRed

Smash Cadet
>basic Brawl

And I used to play Ness, but he's really tough to win with at tourneys unless you're really good, a la Shaky. He has decent/close to even matchups with most everybody except the top tier, but that still doesn't help him. His recovery is God-awful (I tried to deny this for a while, but tbh, it is), though sometimes people who don't know the matchup try to intercept the PK Thunder and in turn get hit by PKT2. Ness can compete at high levels (once again, see Shaky). He's not complete garbage. I can't say much about Lucas other than Ness is better than him.

Tyler_ACE

Smash Cadet
I have seen ALOT and I mean alot of ness and lucas players in basic brawl (yes I play in basic brawl :awesome: ) . Many Lucas players are not very good (Spam Pk fire), Ness players on the other hand have done some pretty good wrecks to people in BB.
True that. I've been owned by ness a couple times, but Lucas has nothin on Marth XD

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
I have to admit I have more trouble with Ness than Lucas too! Both are tough to learn and do well with, which would increase your respect level if you become incredibly successful with them.
As to the title, I suppose it could be justified by noting how they sometimes use their psychic powers to mess with physics...

JeKartaN1

Smash Rookie
Lucas and Ness in Brawl barely have any killing moves, aside from their throws and PK Thunder II. I have never come across someone online who used Lucas or Ness. They seem to be weaker to projectile heavy characters, like Samus.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Physic kids? Damn, I only wanted to take Honors Physics once, not have to deal with it in a video game.

On a srs point tho, nah, I can't stand them. They are just too awkward and not worth the effort, IMO. However, there are definitely some on point mains out there and I've been savaged by a Ness or Lucas a few times by some of the greats.

However, as characters, I really don't like them and there's a good reason: they suck.

Also Lucas is a ***** and runs away from his friends.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I've been owned by ness a couple times, but Lucas has nothin on Marth XD
Ness doesn't have anything on Marth either. How do you lose if all your aerials out-range his, you have an infinite grab-release chain on him, and Ness's recovery fails (something Marth is terrific at exploiting)?

Lucas and Ness in Brawl barely have any killing moves, aside from their throws and PK Thunder II.
You forgot:
Lucas: Bair spike, Dair Spike, Uair, Fair near blastzone, Fsmash, Dsmash, Usmash, PSI Magnet
Ness: Bair, Dair Spike (almost never hits though), Uair, Fsmash, PK Flash (lol)

One of their strong points is their killing moves, lol.

They seem to be weaker to projectile heavy characters, like Samus.
Lol Samus MU is at least 60:40 for them.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Most characters are able to infinite Ness and Lucas. At least this is is what i observed!
Only Marth and PT (Squirtle and Charizard iirc). A lot of other characters can do it though if the Ness/Lucas aren't DI'ing correctly, and some characters like Wario can fsmash on grab release.

Rsd

Smash Rookie
I've heard a lot about people who say they suck, which is completely contrary to my beliefs on them.
That's because of PK Thunder. But once you master that, it's fine. I switched to Lucas rather recently, and until then I played as Kirby.

Rsd

Smash Rookie
Bad unless you're good at them, otherwise you wouldn't be playing as them. PK Thunder was the main issue for me, though.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Lucas and Ness in Brawl barely have any killing moves, aside from their throws and PK Thunder II.
They have killing moves, it's just really hard to land most of them properly (Lucas' usmash is very punishable). I wonder how is Ness better than Lucas? Lucas has a tether, better smashes than Ness and just seems to have more options on the ground. Not to mention his PK Thunder is not as easy to gimp because it goes through people and his down special can also damage opponents.

Blissard

Smash Lord
No, they are just bad characters.
I agree. A lot of people will say that the tier list isn't everything, but in reality, characters are placed in their specific tiers for a reason. Lower-tiered characters end up having disadvantages that are beyond the player's ability to fix.

tl;dr you're right.

okisme

Smash Cadet
my best char is ness, and my other two friends play lucas, not their mains though but definitely in their top 3 chars

we are the best players in our area

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Really? I've always preferred lucas over ness, but probably the main reason for that is that his PK thunder just doesn't push him as far as it did in the N64 version. Tut tut tut....

Anyway, i don't seem how he's predictable at all. If anything, he can be totally random, if you use him(and ness) right. Also, he has great maneuvreability(err, spelling check?) after PK thunder 2, and i find he destroys. But it is true, i don't play in any truly recognized circles or tournaments, so i'll really have to try and do that. His PK thunder is quite hard to use, but after that point, and a few other things about timing, he can be hard to hit, and quick to attack.

Now i knw what the reply is gonna be to this:full of people who disagree. Therefore, could you list me his problems? I want to see why everyone finds him so awful, because i certainly never had problems with him.

Phoxhound

Smash Cadet
Baltimore, MD (in a worm hole during summers)
3DS FC
2707-1679-3227
lucas and ness both are just really easy to KO. lightweight with poor recovery. I think ness' air game is a little better because of a reliable launcher with usmash; also ness has the vastly superior PK fire. I played ness all through 64 and through much of melee and brawl so I certainly don't think he's bad, he's just middling. so-so. alright.

on a side note, every lucas player I know (which is quite a few) only thinks lucas is good because of his powerful usmash.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
ness and lucas are alright i suppose if you train alot with them they're pretty cool i just find they're B- up move hard

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I love Lucas and Ness, though they aren't very practical. They are terribly hard to use, have way too many stages that are trashy for them, are very susceptible to suicides with PK Thunder 2, yadayada, ect, ect, the list goes on, but I love to play as them. Lucas/Ness are by far the most fun characters to main and I rarely play as anyone else, but I am far from being great with them, and thats the worst thing about them, they are hard to master. Many more people would main them if they where just more practical, there are just so many technicalities and so many stupid mistakes when playing with them. Anyway, The Chosen Boys FTW and Nintendo please, please make them viable fighters in the next smash.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I love Lucas and Ness, though they aren't very practical. They are terribly hard to use, have way too many stages that are trashy for them, are very susceptible to suicides with PK Thunder 2, yadayada, ect, ect, the list goes on, but I love to play as them. Lucas/Ness are by far the most fun characters to main and I rarely play as anyone else, but I am far from being great with them, and thats the worst thing about them, they are hard to master. Many more people would main them if they where just more practical, there are just so many technicalities and so many stupid mistakes when playing with them. Anyway, The Chosen Boys FTW and Nintendo please, please make them viable fighters in the next smash.
I find the fact that they are hard to master makes them better. It means you actually need skill to overcome all the challenges they present, and that can take quite a while. From what i've heard, the famous bat seems to take very little time to learn efficiently.

Also, Phoxhound. Although i like the fact that he is a fairly light character with some very strong moves(makes him nice and balanced in that respect... Well, for me, anyway), that's not the only reason i play as him. So much about him i really like, and i don't want to lose the ability to PK thunder him nicely without having to see it. I find his abnormal up-B as a boon. He just needs to use it properly, like going in to the person, going straight over them if there is a platform, going down to the ground and kicking around... Those are only a few suggestions(which work with different people).

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
Remember when Brawl first came out and everyone was saying Lucas was better than Ness in every way and was a dream for every Ness player ever?

And then they both end up being about equally bad. Lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Really? I've always preferred lucas over ness, but probably the main reason for that is that his PK thunder just doesn't push him as far as it did in the N64 version. Tut tut tut....

Anyway, i don't seem how he's predictable at all. If anything, he can be totally random, if you use him(and ness) right. Also, he has great maneuvreability(err, spelling check?) after PK thunder 2, and i find he destroys. But it is true, i don't play in any truly recognized circles or tournaments, so i'll really have to try and do that. His PK thunder is quite hard to use, but after that point, and a few other things about timing, he can be hard to hit, and quick to attack.

Now i knw what the reply is gonna be to this:full of people who disagree. Therefore, could you list me his problems? I want to see why everyone finds him so awful, because i certainly never had problems with him.
You just don't get it lol. Use Lucas/Ness in a tournament. Unless you're some kind of pro in disguise, you'll get demolished.

They both suck.

/thread

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's not that i don't get it. Any character has the potential to be 'a good character. They need to be used in the right way, and it takes a lot of practice, but it is possible. I wish people weren't so judgemental of him...

Top Bottom