• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many Newcomers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Okay so how many newcomers do you think we will get. We already have 3. I apologize if this thread has already been made.

Reznor

work in progress
depends on how many characters get cut so hard to tell I guess 6 more maybe

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My guess is 8 minimum, 12 maximum. Depends on how many character that are cut.

-The original had 12 characters
-Melee basically had 13-14 more newcomers making it to 25/26 (with no cuts)
-Brawl had like 15 newcomers with about a total of 35-38 (and about 5 cuts from Melee)
-I can see SSB4 having 15-18 newcomers with about 5 cuts from Brawl and a roster total of 45-48 (maybe even 50, not counting transformations though)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
-The original had 12 characters
-Melee basically had 13-14 more newcomers making it to 25/26 (with no cuts)
-Brawl had like 15 newcomers with about a total of 35-38 (and about 5 cuts from Melee)
-I can see SSB4 having 15-18 newcomers with about 5 cuts from Brawl and a roster total of 45-48 (maybe even 50, not counting transformations though)
not bad but too bad you forgot the report that sakurai had he can't really increase the size too much due to the 3ds version

for me 6-10 and probably 3-6 cuts

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
not bad but too bad you forgot the report that sakurai had he can't really increase the size too much due to the 3ds version

for me 6-10 and probably 3-6 cuts
He never said that. The 3ds version is not hurting the roster size at ALL. brawl and smash 4 3ds are both on an 8 gigabyte storage, and brawl used up 7 gigabytes including, masterpieces, tons of stickers and trophys, and most importantly subspace emissary, which smash 4 wont have...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
He never said that. The 3ds version is not hurting the roster size at ALL. brawl and smash 4 3ds are both on an 8 gigabyte storage, and brawl used up 7 gigabytes including, masterpieces, tons of stickers and trophys, and most importantly subspace emissary, which smash 4 wont have...
XD i can tell you really hate when PeePz bring that up...

Also i didnt tell you yet but Awsome pic - gotta congratulate someone when i see a awsome pic.

Is it meant to be a realisic Haunter? Looks mad!

Also answer to the Q - ''As many as Sakurai adds''

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
XD i can tell you really hate when PeePz bring that up...

Also i didnt tell you yet but Awsome pic - gotta congratulate someone when i see a awsome pic.

Is it meant to be a realisic Haunter? Looks mad!

Also answer to the Q - ''As many as Sakurai adds''
Haha yeah it used to not bother me at all, but by now you'd think people would know about the 3ds and wii u versions.
And you have an awesome pic to i love shy guy so much.

and i think there will be 18 newcomers. A 48 roster size and cutting 5 characters, not including transformations. ( I know its really really wishful thinking

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
... There's a DK 64 cartridge that isn't yellow? And I have those two plushies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Haha yeah it used to not bother me at all, but by now you'd think people would know about the 3ds and wii u versions.
And you have an awesome pic to i love shy guy so much.

and i think there will be 18 newcomers. A 48 roster size and cutting 5 characters, not including transformations. ( I know its really really wishful thinking
5 veteran cuts is too many :p

I still think the roster in the end needs to be 45-48.

With 15-18 (in that range) newcomers.

Going by the past 3 games at least.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Brawl Added: Lucario, Pit, Wario, Metaknight, King DeDeDe, ROB, Wolf, Toon Link, Snake, Sonic, Zamus, Ike, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Olimar and Pokemon Trainer. That's 16 characters added.
Brawl Removed: Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link. That's 5 characters cut.

Overall it had 11 more characters than Melee. Pokemon Trainer can count as 3 characters - if you do that's 19 added or 14 if cuts are taken into account.

14 character were added from SSB to Melee, 15 if you count Sheik.

So, 14 or so seems likely as that's approximately what was added with each sequel. You an give or take a few.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think at Maximum 5 characters will be cut not including transformations.
I'm not really thinking there will be any cuts, unless the whole Ice Climber 3DS situation doesn't pan out.

@DragonSniperNintendo: 15-18 is a pretty good estimate.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I'm not really thinking there will be any cuts, unless the whole Ice Climber 3DS situation doesn't pan out.

@DragonSniperNintendo: 15-18 is a pretty good estimate.
Well Sakurai did say that there is not enough time for all characters to be brought back

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
There were 18 newcomers in brawl if you count the starters of PKMN Trainer as different characters. My guess would be twelve or less, since he's said there would be less of focus on new characters and more on bringing out innovation.

I think you can look at not all veterans comment as applying to Melee veterans (Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu) and any characters he might choose to cut from Brawl.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Above all i think a more intresting question would be do you think they are concentrating on bringing as much vets back as possible or making newcomers?

Its kinda hard to say because first Sakurai said brawl roster was pretty much the limit or maybe a fewww more but then he says hes tryna bring back as much chars as possible...

I mean they will be cuts no doubt anyone thinking every single char from brawl will return is in for a nasty suprised...i see a few chars you could say get replaced.

Like i think they will be 2 or 3 Starfox and Kirby chars max

Fire Emblem could get 3 reps although it seems like marth stays and another char replaces the other one.

I think they Will be about 5 actual additional chars and other newcomers will replace brawl chars.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I'd be surprised if there were more than 10. I honestly think we'll get less than that, and that will be very disappointing.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't forsee more than 3 cuts this time. The Brawl roster in terms of clones and such had fewer issues than the Melee roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom