• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many characters will be revealed this month?

How many characters will be revealed this month

Votes: 2 1.8%

Votes: 15 13.5%

Votes: 40 36.0%

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • 4+

Votes: 24 21.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm going to say Sakurai goes crazy this month and reveals 8 characters. I'm predicting two newcomer videos with one being a villains trailer revealing Ridley, K Rool, Mewtwo, and Wario. The other trailer will be a Kirby trailer revealing Meta Knight, Bandanna Dee, and Ice Climbers. I also say that Gandondorf will be revealed in a pic of the day when Hyrule Warrior is released. I know this is a long-shot but we have a mad genius creating this game so you never know! Thoughts?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
3 at the most.
That is what I thought at first, but then I thought this game is coming out pretty soon. I think there is 50-55 characters, so unless there is going to be a lot of hidden characters Sakurai is going to start revealing a lot soon.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
That is what I thought at first, but then I thought this game is coming out pretty soon. I think there is 50-55 characters, so unless there is going to be a lot of hidden characters Sakurai is going to start revealing a lot soon.
Yeah, forgot we were so close to release date. I guess we could get around 8, if we're extremely lucky.

ferioku

Smash Ace
If there's a smash direct, expect to see a rain fall of characters.

As for returning characters, honestly I think Jiggly Puff and Ness to fill the starting 12.

I think Falco and Wolf will return

I think Snake will return!

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
If there's a smash direct, expect to see a rain fall of characters.

As for returning characters, honestly I think Jiggly Puff and Ness to fill the starting 12.

I think Falco and Wolf will return

I think Snake will return!
There could be a Star Fox trailer if Krystal is in, but I don't think Jiggy or Ness will be revealed this month. I think at least one of them will be hidden to keep us guessing.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
:ganondorf::wario: and maybe :metaknight: and a star fox rep that's all i could really see with. out going crazy like saying mewtwo or Bandanna Dee k rool and Ridley just for who ever wanted them just to end up disappointed

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
4 at the most.Meta knight,Bandana dee,Falco,Krystal.Two newcomes and two veterans.Also through in ganondorf

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Over 4. Two newcomers plus a group of yet to be revealed veterans. Who? I couldn't begin to tell you. It's been a wild ride. I just believe that we should see a higher number of reveals now that we're in the month before the 3DS version's release.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Three, at least.
Possibly four, at the most.

I'm thinking we'll get a Nintendo Direct for Smash with at least two new characters revealed, and one veteran (minimum) during the month.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I think at most 3 this month I think it would be a long stretch to to say 4+ but you have a madman at the wheel of this bus called smash so you never know

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i voted three

But 2 atleast this month

3 is a newcomer trailer having as many characters ad the robin trailer

Now the 4+ thats will almost be a lock if theres a second smash direct.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
From what I gathered, at least 2.

A third may happen if it gets good tease here. It should come this week for me to maybe expect this.

I also would like to a have a reason to be revealed before release.

If I have it, 3.

4 is surprising, but could happen if unannounced veterans.

To be short, I have no idea :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to guess 2. If we get a direct and a newcomer trailer, I can see another vet being revealed along with that. If no such direct happens, 1 or none.

0 because being a Smash Bros. fan is suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weavel

Smash Ace
When is the next reveal? Any date? Also to hell with Jigglypuff!

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I voted 3, but 4 or more isn't impossible.

My guess is Shulk and two vets, though that's bare minimum. Maybe more vets and another newcomer?

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
I voted 2, a random vet reveal this or next week and a newcomer trailer at the end.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't particularly expect a newcomer this month unless there's another Direct.. Do they ever do more than one Direct per month?

I hope to see two veterans this month but I really only expect one.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I don't particularly expect a newcomer this month unless there's another Direct.. Do they ever do more than one Direct per month?

I hope to see two veterans this month but I really only expect one.
They usually do multiple Directs a month, yeah. A general or Smash Direct would likely include a newcomer if they do one. That or we could get another random reveal like Robin's.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm leaning on 3 characters. (newcomers and veterans)

Considering we're under 2 months away from the Japanese release, I expect we might see more character reveals than usual.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got another streamed trailer before release.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
:ganondorf::wario: and maybe :metaknight: and a star fox rep that's all i could really see with. out going crazy like saying mewtwo or Bandanna Dee k rool and Ridley just for who ever wanted them just to end up disappointed
Oh believe me I'm keeping my expectation in check as I said in my OP it is a longshot, but hey this is Smash bros the game were dream match ups come true

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Oh believe me I'm keeping my expectation in check as I said in my OP it is a longshot, but hey this is Smash bros the game were dream match ups come true
maybe but just saying to all the people who thinking mewtwo will be back but all i can see is this ending worse then chrom did when his fans said he would be playable

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I honestly don't know who to expect, but I know we are obviously getting a newcomer and possibly 1 or 2 vets. Sakurai did say he still had more trailers after stating that he was reaching the end of the barrel. In my opinion, the only unannounced vets that are OBVIOUSLY on the starting roster are :metaknight::wario:and :popo:. Every other vet could possibly be secret.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
maybe but just saying to all the people who thinking mewtwo will be back but all i can see is this ending worse then chrom did when his fans said he would be playable
I hear you I will be accepting of the roster no matter what it is, but of course not everyone will get who they want in.

Adding to my OP post I also think if we do get a Smash Direct or a single trailer it will be revealed before that magazine issue comes out August 12th. I know ssb4dojo posted these same thoughts.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Knowing the 'bottom of the barrel' comment by Sakurai I'm guessing there's about 2 or 3 newcomers left.

Chase

Smash Ace
2. Ridley for the newcomer, and either Wario, Ganondorf, or Ice Climbers for the veteran.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I just think we will see 2 veterans and a newcomer. Most likely Shunk will be the newcomer, and Wario will probably be shown as well.

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
I went with 4 thinking that, because its so close to release, we'll get at least 2 or more veterans with 1 or more newcomers. Especially if we do in fact get that legendary Smash Direct this month

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was thinking either 4 characters.

Probably 1/2 newcomers plus 2//3/4 veterans.

I figure we could get a Smash Direct (again).

If we do get a full 20 minute+ smash direct again, we're definitely getting at least 4 characters.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I voted 3 characters because I expect veterans to be revealed early September. Personal hopes: Mewtwo, Snake, Sylux but lol that won't happen :troll:.

Also to hell with Jigglypuff!
YES. Oh wait, no Jiggly fans around, right?

That or we could get another random reveal like Robin's.
Random? But that reveal was scheduled.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I voted 3 characters because I expect veterans to be revealed early September. Personal hopes: Mewtwo, Snake, Sylux but lol that won't happen :troll:.

YES. Oh wait, no Jiggly fans around, right?

Random? But that reveal was scheduled.
I meant random as in not attached to a Direct.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm hoping for the 4+, but i'm expecting 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom