• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many Bananas do you pull out?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'm an aspiring Diddy user and I want to know... how many bananas do you pull out?

I've heard both sides of the story. With one banana you can avoid your second banana, that you can't hold, from being used against you. With 2 you can use more elaborate combos in various ways.

So what do you guys do? Do you stay safe and keep one banana or, pull out two and play offensively? Please back up your decision.

Spiteful Link

Smash Rookie
I use two Bananas at a time. I'm always ready for attempts to use the naners against me by my opponent, so I've put good place and timing on safely putting them back in my control.

God_Mains_Pichu

Smash Rookie
I use two. It's really really easy to pick bananas back up for diddy so you get the advantage.

if you use the second banana against the opponent and he manages to pick it up and use it against you its much easier for you to pick it up than it was for him. Why not put an item on the stage that has a higher chance of helping you?

BluB0mber

Smash Rookie
Two. Opponent toss one back at ya?

Either catch it with "A" ... or do a dash attack over it and you'll still pick it up. It all works out to your advantage.

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
Depends on the style of my oppenent. If the person im fighting is good at using the banana's against me i will only use one and keep throwing it up in the air. If he is bad at using them against me or just don't know what to do to avoid the banana's i will use two and let the nanner rapage commence. lol

Scala

Smash Ace
Two bananas at all times. If you are a good diddy player you will be able to keep them in control and not have any issues regarding regaining control of stolen bananas. More bananas out force your opponent to think about the surroundings than he is used to, and if you put enough pressure on him he will lose control of his entire stock completely.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
one banana period. two bananas is bull**** most of the time.
watch the japanese diddies and see how they use just one, barely. and you know what the equitation says:
american metagame + 6 months = japanese metagame
good players will abuse your bananas just as much as you do pretty much. grabbing items in brawl is too powerful.
two bananas will only work vs players that havent played diddy much

thats a good example i just stumbled upon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl-RffzJTQg
just look what happens when diddy pulls out the 2nd banana

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
i think this depends, u can have a very versatile game depending of the situation, when u see a "space" u can use the offensive power of have the 2 bananas out, and this can be used as a mind game, sometimes with 1 banana out the playstyle can change to be useful, as far i can explain it : S.
But after all , i beleive that is better hahve 2 bananas out

srry for my poor english :s

gshock92

Smash Rookie
Most of the time I only pull out one, unless I'm gonna banana chain them or something-
but really skilled Diddy players pull out two bananas to keep their opponents slipping almost every second of the match.

mynaymeisadam

Smash Rookie
Usually two is best. Diddy's dash attack is really good for picking up nanerz, so if they throw it at you, you can pick it back up. However, if they seem to be using them even more effectively than you are,or you are a beginner, use 1. Also if you are playing a space creature who can shine it, you might just want to use one so you can take your time to use it right without having to worry about the second one. Hopefully this makes sense.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
I always open up with a banana, and I usually let it stick around. But if my opponent is not so good at avoiding one, out comes a second and let the frustration begin. Two bananas combined with the popgun is super frustrating, and can easily open opponents to an Fsmash.

wangston

Smash Lord
I always use two. In my experience bananas work even better once you throw them, or maybe it's just me but it seems a lot easier to use diddy's bananas against him if he leaves them there after pulling them out.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I don't think that any one amount of bananas is better than another, it's situational. I personally like to have two bananas out to keep my pressure game on. I find it causes them to, literally and figuratively, slip up nad make mistakes giving me an opening to combo them and get them off the edge for a spike or an easy forward or down smash opening.

At the opening of a match I typically only use one so that I can get a flow started with my attacks. Once I get some free room or I get them off the edge I like to throw a second one. For edgegaurding its amazing, one banana on the edge, one a little in (or hold onto it) and you can limit their landing space or force them into a spot where you can throw a banana and get a combo started for more percentage or a possible KO.

It really depends though. Sometime I don't want to have any on the field, other times I believe one will do the job fine and two is amazing for combo and pressure.

My personal feel is that you should never limit yourself to a set banana playing style, vary between zero, one and two to keep them guessing and always remember that you can change your game up better than most characters can.

But remember, nothing is more rewarding than a two banana ****-fest. I do love adding on so much percent in such little time.

siqmonkey

Smash Apprentice
i use two bannanas while in combat. but i only use one when my opponent just died so they won't pick up the other one while they are invincible for those few seconds.

DragoonAnger

Smash Rookie
I almost always throw out a naner after a dthrow, because it provides a perfect opening and sometimes the opponent will jump back and get hit with the naner. Then I just dash attack to pick it up and have my way with the opponent. ;)

The amount I have on the field varies. Usually though, if I take out one naner the second isn't far behind. If I've just been KOed, I'll take a naner out while I'm invincible. If I've just KOed the opponent, I'll take out two. One fun thing to do to mess with the opponent is to take out one, jump up and grab it, then take out the second and throw the first at them. Two naners out of the blue is hard to read, and they'll end up unexpectedly sitting while you have another naner ready for action. :chuckle:

I rarely have problems with naners being used against me. It's extremely easy to regain control, and more often than not your opponent will just sort of chuck it forward, which makes it easy to get it back. I've had opponents throw them off the stage rather than let me get them back. :)

Top Bottom