• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long did it take you to drillshine

brg

Smash Ace
meaning lcanceled drill kick to shine?
is it just me or its pretty ****ing hard at first?

edit: been practicing for 3 days

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I'm still learning, but I don't practice this as much as I should. If you don't already, I suggest using A. B>X>X>A, shine, WD, SH, drill. Using A basically guarantees that you'll fast fall, unless you are insanely fast and hit it before the peak of your shorthop. I wavedash with X b/c it's easiest for me. To learn this, break it up. Take Peach to FD on training mode and turn the music off( That helps me focus when I am doing hard training on technicals). Then, Shuffle Dairs into shines until you can hit the L-cancel EVERY TIME. Peach is just there to remind you what happens if you don't. Then, practice the shine > drill transition. This part is usually where my combo counter stops moving. You need to get out of the shine pretty fast to keep it going. Repeat this process. Shuffled drills usually do 3 hits. So, if you get 4 on your counter during this part, you should be in good shape. For me, it helps to return the control stick to the neutral position after the shine and before the WD. Do this with your thumb instead of letting it go. After that, put it all together, and soon you will be drilling the princess left and right. *Goes and practices*

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember it taking too long after I learned to L cancel. Once I got it down, however, I used it way too much. After every aerial I would shine, and now I'm kind of backtracking a bit and retraining myself to do other attacks after shffld aerials. Don't get me wrong, learn to shine after every aerial. Just don't DO it after every aerial all the time. Mix it up, and you will have more options available to you.

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
Uh maybe too long for me because I didnt really play fox but now Fox is my second main and its easy to Drill shine. At first it wasnt and I dont remember how I practiced it but I got it down now lol and its super easy

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Well, I practiced everything separetly. L canceling first, then short hopping, then the timing for the shine, etc
I'm still learning. I can do it consistently, but not as fast as I want to.
It is hard in the beginning for everybody btw, just keep practicing, dont worry if it takes time

brg

Smash Ace
drill kick is a ***** to l-cancel, but im getting the timing now

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
it took me a while like 3 weeks but after that its easy as hell
To get it to the point where I'm not afraid to pillar an IC's shield or try to shield pressure Marth?

About 5 months.

To get it to the point where it's easy to do in games and I won't mess up usually?

About 2 weeks.

To actually learn the theory and how to do it?

About 10 minutes.

If you're talking about chaining them, It took me a few days to get it down good, this was after I was able to L-Cancel. I was coming straight from Falco, so my hands hurt really bad the first couple weeks I practiced with Fox. Shined Blind pretty much made me switch to fox and play the game for hours and hours a day lol.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
it took me kinda a while...my tech skill sucks though. turn around jc shines (like, in a chain) just blow my mind. SW's tech skill is sooooo good

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Wow SW that's pretty amazing (although enter the falcon is still the best vid you ever made :p)
I always illusion and kill myself when i try to do that rofl
BTW do you jc your shines w/ the control stick or X/Y->B?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
A few days maybe. Learning all of Fox's techs and mastering them took a long time though. That sure was hell. The worst thing was that at first, learning those techs didn't even seem to improve my game that much. Once I got them mastered though, I could notice the drastic improvements as everything became second nature.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
And then once you do, you have to get out of that "MUST SHOW OFF MY NEW SKILLS" mentality. I lost a match because of that awhile ago. So sad. Or maybe I'm just weird, lol.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Hmm. I think it took me about 2 weeks, I think. Cause the move comes in many different timings. But yeah, I'd say in about 2 weeks. I've been doing it for so long that I don't even remember me training for it. Haha.

Top Bottom