• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How go beat Luigi

Staticky

Smash Cadet
I play Diddy Kong. And when my friend camps me out, I can't beat him when he decides to camp me out and fireball! How the hell do I beat this? I back away, and he follows and keeps fireballing. I roll through them, and he grabs me. I jump and side b over them. And hell get me in a grab again. I could camp platforms, but then I cant get a percent lead. How the heck do I approach on a non-battlefield starter stage?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even though I have no experience with Diddy, the trick is to avoid getting camped out by his fireballs. I can say from experience that rolling through fireballs is your worst option because it allows Luigi to get a free grab in. Try using your banana peels to trip him early in the match so that you can grab and punish.

Luigi's greatest weakness is that he's a bit floaty so use that to your advantage with aerials and spiking his Green Missile offtstage.

I'm not really good with proper advice but these are some of my methods of dealing with Luigis.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
use the best option in the game? its called shield....

Also I don't think this thread really belongs here. There are pinned threads that discuss matchups and how to deal with specific characters.

Staticky

Smash Cadet
use the best option in the game? its called shield....

Also I don't think this thread really belongs here. There are pinned threads that discuss matchups and how to deal with specific characters.
Yes I love shielding fireballs, helps me get such a percent lead, thanks for the advice.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I disagree here, shielding is *exactly* what he wants you to do. It leaves you wide open for a grab punish, try to jab out his fireballs quickly, and as he comes in, he'll run into diddy's rapid fire tail whip!

One fun thing I like to do to spammers is predict when they'll throw out a projectile, and jump twords them *right* as they're about to initiate a fireball, and whack 'em. It's kinda risky, but the goal is to have fun right?

Anyways, probably not the best ways to deal with a fireball spam, but do not get comfortable with shielding, not a good idea for such a grabby character. Good luck!

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I always thought shielding was god awful versus fireballs bar perfect shielding them. Its not that the fireballs were ever guaranteed into a grab, but it conditions the opponent to shield against them to avoid damage which gives Luigi a free grab. Just be wary of his buffered dash grab and space him out mid range.

Top Bottom