• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does one edgehog with one IC and downsmash on the edge with the other?

Nythius

Smash Cadet
I've seen it used so many times but I can't
A) Get Nana on the edge by herself
B) Smash with Nana if Popo is edgehogging

How does one do this?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
1. desynch so that you can edgehog with POPO, not nana. an easy way is to dodge, and have nana do a move first (ice block, blizzard, smash, whatever.) while nana is doing it, wd onto the edge with popo.

2. wait for the opponent to try to recover, then press up with popo to get back on the stage normally

3. have nana do a dsmash while popo is getting up

you can't have nana dsmash WHILE popo is on the edge, but the edgehog is still in effect for a little bit while popo is getting up. so yeah, great edgeguarding tool.

i'm still not sure about charging nana's smash while popo is hogging... which is why i didn't post in that other thread. *shrug*

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
One option is this: (pretty similiar technique)

1. with both IC:s -> Roll to the egde and but your shield on. Then use upB from shield and direct Nana on the Edge while u Stay on the stage.
2. Now nana is on edgehog and u may attack with popo.

So this is similiar techinc but this time u may be the one charging smash (or whatever) on the stage =)

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
if you are charging a smash with A then i still think you cn keep it charging and wavedash with popo if you keep your finger on A. :/ you could try charging it with C-stick+Z and wavedashing

Top Bottom