• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does everyone feel about their mains getting altered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4diddy:: Buffs in recovery and reach are warmly welcomed by me! Diddy was already Top Tier in Brawl, but this is gonna make sure he's going to stick around as a big treath for his enemies. And I love it! Doubt he'll be changed much however. All his old attacks thus far have been brought back. And am not one to complain about that!

:4dk:: He's strong, and we don't know much else about him yet. Like the look of his revamped Up B on the ground. Will definitely try out that move a lot. It might give him better approach options, which is a thing which was heavily needed for DK. His new dash attack as the roll attack is also something I'll enjoy, even though it's LONG overdue.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Pit and Lucario are looking so freaking good right now. And I will now be maining Charizard since they removed his shackles.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
:4charizard:: Excellently powerful new Flare Blitz side B. I don't mind the recoil factor all that much, I used to play Pichu.:pichumelee:

Rock Smash is still here, but it's hid down B. Perfectly fine, won't take long to adjust.

Why all the hate for Megazard Y? Y is so much better than X in battle.

:4marth:: Nothing really noteworthy, looking forward to it.

:4olimar:: 3 ordered Pikmin is a lot more manageable than 6 random ones. And that recovery looks great, but horribly punishable.

:4yoshi:: Love the new stance and strength increase, but I'm not sure on the rainbow eggs.......

:gw:: ......

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Really glad my main bowser got buffed heavily but i fear for DK & Samus they looked unchanged from brawl ''still suck''

Even more concerned for GDorf & Mew2.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brawl DK was a terrible beast. He felt strong as ****, and I feel they did his character right in Brawl. If only King Dedede didn't ruin him totally...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:4sonic:: Seems to be getting buffed, so I'm cool with trascending to SSB4 with him.

:pt:: .... I am NOT playing as Charizard alone. He'll officially be my Brawl main forever.

:4samus:: I like what I'm seeing so far. But only time will tell if I like her more than P:M Samus. (Although the ammount of people I can find to play P:M will also be a decisive factor on wether to keep playing as her in P:M or trascend to SSB4.)

:4zss:: Her recovery was the only thing preventing me from using her seriously in Brawl. But for SSB4, I might give her a shot again, as a 3rd option for the Veteran side.

(As for the Newcomer side, main = :4littlemac:, 2nd = :4megaman:)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Zelda being separated is probably the best change so far. Now I don't have to avoid using her Down Special.
I hope Peach's double jump isn't gimped like it was in Brawl but that's unlikely....
Pit's massive overhaul is all for the better. Second best change.
Marth I may have to tinker with the Custom Moveset a bit.
Sonic doesn't look changed at all and that's disappointing...

Not that it matters, I'll be maining Rosalina and Megaman anyways. x)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
:4luigi:: Nothing Changed For Me! :D

:4dedede:: Gordos are Good!

:4link:: He got badasser!

Today was a good day.

Last edited:

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
The whole "no switching characters during matchs" is perfectly fine for me. It was a cool mechanic idea, but was not implemented very well. I can never re call seeing anyone actively switch between Zelda and Shiek, with the acceptation of recovering. PT was an very cool concept, but the sluggish switchs, meant you often had to leave yourself open, and the whole stamina thing really crippled them. Samus and ZS, was pretty dumb all together i find.

The idea of switching in battle, I never felt as though it was necessary with the characters that had it. There was really no downside to playing only shiek or only Zelda really.

I am very excited to try out Charizard now that he is stand alone. Im curious to see how much they will change him up. I am sort of expecting a new Up B since his Forward B looks the same but sideways.

Big changes to Bowser I love, and may end up playing him waaay more this time. I love all the minor tweaks being shown in character move sets. Its gonna feel really refreshing to play characters this time around I feel.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Samus, Link, and Kirby all seem improved. That bodes well with me.

Oh and Solo Charizard? I really hoping that would happen.

Not sure how I feel about Pit's recovery nerf. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hopefully Luigi's changes will be for the better! I want to see Luigi more in the competitive scene!
Thinking more about it, his Scuttle Jump might have been added to not only be canonical to the character, but it could have been added to help compensate for his poor and slow air speed in the past few games.

I'm extremely curious on how they handled Meta Knight. Not seeing him is making me think that he received an overhaul; I would be pretty damn surprised if Namco and Sakurai did nothing to change him after the complaints about him being OP.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm happy to see Luigi, Pit, Lucario, and King Dedede changed in their own ways... I just hope I can get used to Pit's new recovery! I think I probably can.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I wish Kirby had something more interesting than "Kirby now has Jet Hamer!" but we'll see how it goes. I'm also interested in how Yoshi turns out, because despite having a similar stance change to Bowser his moves look almost exactly the same outside of dash attack. Sonic gaining a meteor smash makes me happy though.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not too fond of Pit's nerfed recovery and arrows, but his new moves look like they'll more then make up for it.
Just crossing my fingers for canceling his ^B with an attack and aerial vB.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Like others, I am thoroughly pleased that Zelda and Sheik are finally being separated.

Also, I really like the changes made to Pit and Zero Suit Samus. I tried maining those two in Brawl, but in the end they just were not for me.

Lastly, I am really looking forward to seeing how Marth plays this time around. I am honestly hoping he will be mine main again. For some reason, I just was not as good with him in Brawl as I was with him in Melee, even though I had liked his change in play style.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I have yet to see ZSS's whip...
So idk. I'll just have to see how it is.

Also noteworthy, I like her hair a lot more in this one d:
Same style but it just looks a lot better.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Well for Pit, I like the changes to his specials. The fact that the gliding mechanic is gone though upsets me a little bit, but at least his up special was changed to somewhat accommodate for it.

For my secondary Zelda, I love that she is a stand alone character with a new down special. I hope she receives some other buffs too, she is fantastic in Project M, so I hope she gets buffs like those.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With my main being both :4zelda::4sheik:, I'm not sure about the separation. I'm excited but I will have to change my strategy as I usually go with Shielda. I'm excited to use both Down Specials though very hyped for Zelda's. She has a terrible approach so I hope this fixes it. The buff to Dins Fire was welcomed but not entirely necessary. This will take some time getting used to.

My technical third was :4zss:and I'm hyped for what she brings to the table this time around. I'm excited to see what her FS will be as I hated it in Brawl. I'm a bit worried about her recovery move but it should be ok.

:4diddy::4marth::ike:
All seem good and I have no worries on them. Especially with Ike returning. Overall, I'm just as excited to try out the veterans as I am with the newcomers.

Sadly, my Poke main :squirtle: won't appear so that bummed me out a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom