• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does everyone feel about their mains getting altered

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
whats the general thought? everyone excited to see what changes their characters go through?

andimidna

Smash Master
Zelda and Sheik being separated is a pretty big deal. I'm not sure how that will turn out for me...

All of the changes for Zero Suit Samus have been perfect so far, exactly what I wanted.

I'll be playing as Charizard much more than did in Brawl. MUCH more.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Mario hopefully won't be a bust, praying he gets the touch up he deserves. Same goes for Link, no idea why both of them have been rather crappy

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The only one of mine who seems to have been altered significantly is Bowser. I absolutely love it. No only does he seem less sucky, he looks more like the Bowser I love, rather someone's 'realistic' fanart depiction.

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
Zelda and Sheik being separated is a pretty big deal. I'm not sure how that will turn out for me...

All of the changes for Zero Suit Samus have been perfect so far, exactly what I wanted.

I'll be playing as Charizard much more than did in Brawl. MUCH more.
Yea that might be a problem for me

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Very happy about the changes to Zelda and Bowser. Both seem to be improved, and Bowser has that boss new design going on. And, a separate Charizard is something I'm waiting to try. Oh, and Yoshi to a lesser degree.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
I've yet to see my favourite smash character Wario be announced for SSB4.

If they don't include him into the game, I, for one, will be disappointed.

However, my second Melee main, Sheik, getting two new moves in place of the transformation piques me. I am hopeful that she'll be a better character.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I've yet to see my favourite smash character Wario be announced for SSB4.

If they don't include him into the game, I, for one, will be disappointed.

However, my second Melee main, Sheik, getting two new moves in place of the transformation piques me. I am hopeful that she'll be a better character.
Given how we've seen the 'W' logo used for Waluigi and Ashley, it all but confirms Wario. Not like there was ever any chance he'd be cut anyway.

Hong

The Strongest
I still don't know if Samus' missiles have returned to Melee glory. That alone makes or breaks the character.

All else fails, I hope at least Link has good projectiles.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes; I am very excited to see what changes my mains undergo. I main the Triforce, there have already been significant alterations to Sheik/Zelda and some minor changes to Link. I can't wait to see Ganondorf though.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Fewer Pikmin for Olimar was a little concerning at first, but I'm excited to test out his new recovery. Also, making the Pikmin types appear in a specific order adds a lot more strategic depth. I've got to plan ahead and manage my crop of Piks now! I'm definitely excited to try him out.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
My only main that looks like he's getting changed is Luigi with the flutter jump, which might improve his air game even more.​

Morbi

Scavenger
My only main that looks like he's getting changed is Luigi with the flutter jump, which might improve his air game even more.​
Luigi also has his Poltergust this time around for his Final Smash. I am personally really excited about his new FS even though I don't main Luigi anymore.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
In general I'm a bit wary when it comes to change, but so far the Bowser changes look great and I'm anxious to try him out.

I can't wait to see Ganondorf though.
Me too, man.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I don't care much. I usually change my main with each game anyway. Even with no moveset changes, I still stopped maining Pikachu after Melee because the new physics and properties on his moves completely changed my enjoyment of the character. That's just one personal example. I'm sure my main(s) will be much different between Brawl and SSB4, regardless of moveset changes.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I have no idea what they did to Toon Link yet haha. Peach has ribbons and rainbows, apparently. 10/10. Zero Suit Samus has jet boots; I miss her old B-up but the new one is interesting looking. And I don't have to worry about my FS sucking most likely.

Overall, I'm liking the changes. I might use all of them again, but WFT might be another new main.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Lucario's aura getting boosted is something I'm glad to seen even though he was pretty good in brawl already...

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
Gordos all the time? Hell yeah!

Also very happy Pit is getting a big overhaul. I always wanted to like him (especially since playing Kid Icarus Uprising) but he just... didn't feel right... I do like everything new we've seen of him so far!

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Since Ike's been hitting the gym since Brawl (heh) I would not mind Ike getting a revamped moveset as personally, I don't think his Brawl moveset will fit with his new look, but I could be wrong!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
More power to Sonic? What there is to hate?.
And as someone who played pure Zelda as a secondary in Melee/Brawl. Im glad I wont have more "oops accidentaly pressed down B now I have to find a good opportunity to change back".

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I'm beyond glad Kirby has a new Final Smash. It seems like it has a short duration but looks more powerful than cooking.
...on the other hand I hope he's getting a major buff.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
Also, just look at this:
Image9.png

Brawl Dedede looked like such an idiot... I'm starting to feel ashamed I even played him...

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
None of my Brawl mains were revealed to date. Oh, yeah there's Luigi, but only has a new jump animation.

For my Melee mains, Marth received a power buff in his Shield Breaker, perhaps he can use it to actually break shields. And Mario retain his horrible Down B.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Yes! Make every character feel at least somewhat fresh!

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Given how we've seen the 'W' logo used for Waluigi and Ashley, it all but confirms Wario. Not like there was ever any chance he'd be cut anyway.
Speaking of the W logo, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, by why is it for Waluigi? He's never appeared in any "Wario" game. Ever.

Ah well, as long as the dastardly duo are both in, I'm cool, even if one is just an assist trophy. :ohwell:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'm thrilled that Zelda and Sheik were separated. I think it will be good for both of them. I can't wait to see what strategies open up for Zelda with Phantom Slash and her seemingly faster Farore's Wind.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:ness64::gawmelee::olimar::metaknight::kirby64::dedede::snake::linkmelee::falcon64:
I would love to see Ness be reworked to fit his actual abilities, but I doubt it. Perhaps it would be possible with custom movesets.
I'm concerned with Kirby's Hammer Flip and how it will affect my own playstyle, hopefully he has a few buffs as well.
Captain Falcon could use quite a bit of help, though I'm just waiting to see him in glorious HD.
Mr. Game & Watch was just about perfect in Brawl, though he could perhaps have a better final smash.
Link looks incredibly improved and I love it, I just hope he's faster overall and has a better final smash.
Olimar has been pretty much murdered, I can only hope I'll even be able to use him at all.
Meta Knight needs to be fixed, as long as I don't feel bad for using him everything will be fine.
It's going to be hard to not throw Waddle Dees with Dedede anymore, I hope he has more speed to compensate.
As for Snake, I'm just hoping he returns at this point. Metal Gear for final smash.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm nervous over the Olimar changes, but I'm SUPER hyped for the Pit changes. Charizard also piqued my interest, as he was my favorite of Pokemon Trainer's pokes.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Okay Charizard is doing very well on his own with his new moves and FS, but I wonder if this means its Lucario's FS as well...

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I look forward to the changes from title to title. It's for this reason that I'm looking more forward to playing as the returning Veterans as opposed to Newcomers in general.

I've yet to see my Brawl main, Ike, show up just yet though. But Pit and Zamus look fantastic and I'm eager to get my hands on them. I'll even give Yoshi a whirl this time around with his new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom