• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you properly space shuffl'd dairs?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'm sorry if this is a noobish question but I'd be grateful for any answers :)

When I shffl Dairs I usually fly past my opponents, often so that I miss the last few hits the drill (so if im attacking a crouch canceler, I often get punished before I even land) and out of range for many follow ups.
I am fast falling BTW, as early as possible.
Any help/advice? How do you do it.

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
you just gotta work on your spacing, simply shffling earlier would let you land in front of them more often. Generally though, the more you practice shffling into ppl and their shields the better you will get. Eventually, your reflexes will become good enough that you'll be able short hop, drill, DI, then fast fall l-cancel (well, at least for me).

captainlukey

Smash Ace
either dont jump so far out and try to predict where they will be at the last few hits of the drill...
or if you cant change how far forward you jump, youl have to predict how far you will go while drilling and try to space so that the parts of the drill connect, but i find if im moving fast enuff i ussually prefer to land slightly behind on the drill and shine turnaround to follow up...
hope that helps but i doubt it... im not too good with the words you see

ss118

Smash Master
it's just a matter of where you start the jump. Your obviously starting too late, so work on that. Fast Falling also is a factor to where you end up.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
SH towards them, press down on the c-stick, hold control stick backwards.
That's good advice! I tried it out and doing this I'm able to hit with atleast 3-4 hits of the drill and still land in front of them.

And thanks for all the other advice aswell. Its true that I need to work on where I start my jumps when I shffl this attack .

Top Bottom