• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you play Mega Man dittos?

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
So so so soooooo many lemons. Other projectiles are useless =P

FatSlapper

Smash Rookie
Hahaha coming from a mega man main I'm kinda surprised I've only had one one good MM ditto . I'd rather face 10 captain Falcons then a MM player that knows what he's doing. Can I get a hallejulerrrrrr??

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
I honestly avoid this always. If they insist on using Mega Man then I'll gladly select someone else. But if you're both stubborn then best thing to do is shut down all his projectiles with lemon and try to utilize leaf shield often to get those grab setups.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
This is a good Mega Man ditto I captured the other day. Yea we almost ran out of time. It comes down to who can be more clever than the other in switching up the normal playstyle.

Sorry for the bad quality video
I'm the blue mega man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWYKAT9ta1M

Last edited:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
This is a good Mega Man ditto I captured the other day. Yea we almost ran out of time. It comes down to who can be more clever than the other in switching up the normal playstyle.

Sorry for the bad quality video
I'm the blue mega man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWYKAT9ta1M
I like that little front-back-front lemon combo you did fairly early on. It's a great tech chase tool. I gotta start using that.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
Mostly they spam metal blades,crash bombs, lemons, AIR SHOOTER, Forward airs and back airs. These fights are really fun tho!

Last edited:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I just encountered someone last night who absolutely out-Mega Man'd me in every conceivable way. I wish I saved the replay, I was just so salty I wanted to get back into the game to try again, but he didn't pick Mega Man again. All I know is that he jumped around and fired single lemons exactly where they needed to be to get me hit whenever I tried anything.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Diagonal Metal Blades, Lemons, and Leaf Shield grabs. This ditto is pretty annoying, but I find :4duckhunt:, :4pacman:, and :4ness: dittos even worse.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I do Mega dittos with @NinjaLink all the time. It's just a game of lemons, metal blades, short hops, and grabs. You do your best to force a mistake (and basically wait for it). I personally find it fun haha, but I can see how other people might not like it. It's a great test of patience.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I've only had people get fed up and try to mix things up against me and end up a megaman ditto and them sucking at megaman more than I do.

So just avoiding Fsmash spam.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I do Mega dittos with @NinjaLink all the time. It's just a game of lemons, metal blades, short hops, and grabs. You do your best to force a mistake (and basically wait for it). I personally find it fun haha, but I can see how other people might not like it. It's a great test of patience.
When you play the Game of Lemons, you pew pew or you die.

Top Bottom