• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you plan to use your stickers?

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
Well when I saw this update, I was shocked with how cool it is, then I thought well since this is personalized for each character, and taking off stickers remove them forever, I thought, what would be the most efficient way to place the stickers, so I'll ask you guys.

Tell me which type of stickers you will use (don't say the Silver sticker, or anything like that.) Which is what the sticker will enhance like thunder attack+, or magic+, and the size of the sticker. use these pictures as references.

The size if cook kirby is a large with a plus of 15-20

animal crossing human is a medium, between 9-14

Dr. mario's pill is a small, 4-8

be realistic I want to know the best sticker combination with the character in sse.

He is an example of what I am looking for:

Pikachu
a large thunder at+(20)
a medium launch resistance (13)
small thunder resistance (8)
small jump plus (6)
Small tail attack plus (5)
small water resistance (4)

if you want here are some possible stats

But don't make that stop you with making your own stickers up that are plausible (Ex. Like my tail at+ it can be used for pikachu and Diddy.)

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I may be going out on a limb, but:

Sonic
[Arm] At+ (20)
[Leg] At+ (20)
Launch Resistance (20)

It looks like you can fit three large stickers under the trophy, so I think these would be a good combo for Sonic, since he's already fast enough. :p Though, who knows? Maybe you can fit some small stickers in between them. In that case, I would try to add a small Launch Power+.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ha right when i saw magic fire atk + i was like ike and eruption
but i would play around a lot idk adding weapon atk to ike...he doesnt need it but it be fun lol
but i love this it adds an RPG feeling
but i wouldnt worry bout it there is going to be so many stickers
but the ones that interest me r the stickers specificly for one character they may have special properties

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
How would you know the best strat to use before you even know many stickers? And, obviously, we're all going to use the best sticker combo that fits our character.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
For Mario I will use the following ones
Big [Electric] Attack+20
Big [Slash] Attack+20
Medium Launch Resistance-13
small [Leg] attack-6
small [Arm] Attack-8
small [Fire] Attack-4

I will be unstoppable!

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I'm going to use them pretty haphazardly. Get some boost and stuff but I'm not going to strain to hard to find out the best way to place the stickers on the bottom. I'll probably place em as I get em. Big ones Small ones, what ever I can fit. Find one to replace the last, I'll gladly do it.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
There ought to be a Guts point that increases the strength of your smash attacks. I would totally use that.

Gup

Smash Rookie
I'll slap on anything, anywhere. Really. I mean, you're supposed to collect plenty of 'm either way. And the whole fun for me is trying out different combinations.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I don't. Seems like a waste of time to me. Yeah it can make you uber, but then your playing in a way that will likely makeyou worse later. If they are used in vs mode I may set everyone up for the optimum setup, but I doubt it.

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
Question:

Will you have seperate stickers for Zelda/Shiek?

because I would want Zelda's magic to be at its highest, but that wouldn't help Shiek at all.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
For stickers it will be interesting I think. All you really need to do that we've seen so far is give them launch resistence and attack boosts that correalate to their attack style.
For example:
Mario - Large Fire, Med Arm, Med Leg
Kirby - Large Leg, Small Slash (as I recall in Melee kirby's upsmash had a "slash" impact point. Also final cutter)
Link - Large Slash, Med Weapon (assuming boomerang goes here? arrows are probably slash too since they make a "cut" impact)
Pikachu - Large Electricity, Med (Tail? Body? don't know what they'll use. Maybe tails are actually Weapon)
Fox - Large Leg, Med electricity (for shine, probably)
Samus - Large Weapon (arm cannon counts), Med Electricity (charge shot), Large Fire, Small Leg (this one I'm really not sure which attacks will be what)
Zelda / Sheik - Large Magic, Large Leg, Med Arm (if they share, if not it could be more specialized)
Bowser - Large Slash (most of his attacks make a slashing effect) Large Head (if such a thing exists), Small Fire
DK - Large Arm, Med/Large head
Yoshi - Large Head/Tail/Body (or Weapon for eggs if that doesn't exist), Med/Large Weapon (for egg attacks Im guessing)
Peach - Large Arm
Ice Climbers- Large Ice?, Large Weapon

And then who knows about the newcomers. Ike will need Slash of course, but will Lucas need magic or elemental specialization? Will Sonic's MANY spins use the theoretical "Body" one, or Arm, Leg, or all three? It should be interesting and fun to find these things.

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
I most probably wont use much stickers at first and after a while (when i figured out who will be my main) i will put stickers on everyone else
i dont want to ruin my training by the fake sse experience due to stickers ^^

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
^Eh? I don't follow?

Anyways, I wish there clould have been special brawls wich allow stickers, that'd have been quite unique...

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
For Mario I will use the following ones
Big [Electric] Attack+20
Big [Slash] Attack+20
Medium Launch Resistance-13
small [Leg] attack-6
small [Arm] Attack-8
small [Fire] Attack-4

I will be unstoppable!
why would you give mario a electric stiker he dont have any electric attacks

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Since this is going to be single player, you're going to need to survive for long periods of time. Launch resistance, damage resistance, fast recover, or anything else along those lines is what I'll be aiming for.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
I'll save the best stickers for the top tiers/ones I become best at. The leftovers go to the ****ty characters.

I'm going for all out power on the stickers I use. Whatever does the most damage is going on!

SFan414

Smash Cadet
Me, I would only use attack upgrades. My way of thinking: Who needs defense when it only takes you one move to destroy them? Mwahahahaha*hackcoughcough* sorry, got a little carried away there.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Honestly I don't. Seems like a waste of time to me. Yeah it can make you uber, but then your playing in a way that will likely makeyou worse later. If they are used in vs mode I may set everyone up for the optimum setup, but I doubt it.
Really, training against level 9 cpu's is so much better. :laugh:

Ill will build up on the charachters flaws.

Sonic- Power
Jigglypuff- Launch Resistance.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
A problem I forsee in sticker management is what if your guys become TOO strong and kill some dudes in one hit. I guess there will always be weak moves, but as far as capturing guys for your trophy collection...

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
My question would be, is it better to raise a character's strength's or weaknesses?

For example, metaknight, he has extreme speed, but lacks a good killing move, so do you raise his lauch range to over 9000 or do you increase attack speed/slash/weapon?

I would go for
Launch Power
Slash
Weapon
Probably some launch resistance

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
First I'll put on as much speed on as possible, even if it takes up the whole thing. If that isn't possible, then I'll do speed, but with a lesser amount of launch power/resistance. I think attack power is only for percent, while launch power is knockback.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
I don't plan on using stickers. I wanna get through SSE on my own skills.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
On second thought, I think I'll only do launch resistance and any other type of defense so I don't get screwed up as badly when I don't play with the stickers.

spindash

Smash Ace
For Sonic, I would build up his speed further if there's a quality of that. Just for good measure. And increase his Arm and Leg power. Unless there's a specific ability for him to raise his stats.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
This update alone probably extended the life of this game for another 10 years. People are going to experiment with these for a while, methinks.

Melee has been played continuously for 6 years. This game has MUCH more content. It will last us forever.

Top Bottom