• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you feel about her in 3.5?

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
I think she is way better, considering all the nerfs everyone else got. Also, it might just be me, but it feels like her regular turnips have more knockback than previously. Her double jump feels weird now, same with her parasol, but I imagine it'll be easy getting used to it.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-3-5-changelist

Peach's PM 3.5 List of Changes

Up Special (Parasol)

- Many small tweaks to have up-b behave like Melee up-b.
- Air animation was missing the initial dip which made it also go too high, now matches Melee.
- Landing while raising the parasol goes into special landing (4 frames) instead of up-b landing (30 frames) which occurs while parasol is fully up. Matches Melee.
- Raising parasol hitbox comes out a frame faster 11 -> 10 to match Melee.

...and that's it! In other words, only her parasol received modifications.

Thanks to universal nerfs attributed to many other characters, Peach is definitively stronger in this version. ^^

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Yeah, I was sad when I saw that was the only thing changed about her, but the universal changes and changes to other characters made her way better in this version. MAYBE SHE'LL BE GOOD ENOUGH THAT THESE BOARDS WON'T BE SO DEAD

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys even read the patch notes ?

Peach got ninja-buffed when they said that buttons presses work independently.

If you are technical and fast enough, you would notice a lot of differences from her in PM and Melee because she was not reponsive to inputs at all.

Now she feels smooth.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Do you guys even read the patch notes ?

Peach got ninja-buffed when they said that buttons presses work independently.

If you are technical and fast enough, you would notice a lot of differences from her in PM and Melee because she was not reponsive to inputs at all.

Now she feels smooth.
I read the patch notes for her, but that was it cause she was the only one I actually cared about knowing what was changed. I didn't read that the button presses work independently.

I thought she felt better to control, and I figured that it was all in my mind, but this explains it! Thanks awesome. Peach best character in P:M v3.5.

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Just got second at a 3.5 tourney, and I have to say Peach is really strong now.

I'd say she's not much different, aside from the AGT decay and umbrella height (which I'm not a huge fan of honestly. I liked using up b to extend combos).

For some reason, I feel like the ideal recovery height for most character who are jumping back from the blast zone is perfect for sniping with turnips. I have horrible accuracy, and yet I was able to pop people to their demise more than ever.

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
I read the patch notes for her, but that was it cause she was the only one I actually cared about knowing what was changed. I didn't read that the button presses work independently.

I thought she felt better to control, and I figured that it was all in my mind, but this explains it! Thanks awesome. Peach best character in P:M v3.5.
I'm playing a tournament tomorrow. I hope I can grab the prize, because things looks promising.

Just got second at a 3.5 tourney, and I have to say Peach is really strong now.

I'd say she's not much different,
She is not different, but she is much better. This controlling thing they fixed changed everything for me lol

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
I'm playing a tournament tomorrow. I hope I can grab the prize, because things looks promising.l
Good luck! I go to Xanadu Tuesdays so hopefully I can make something happen. I got 13/38 in the last version at the first one I went to so hopefully I can make something even better happen.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
she's like 3.02 peach but better since everyone else sucks now. i main more peach now because zelda's terrible now

rje457

Smash Cadet
I like how she feels in 3.5, when I was facing Link yesterday in a tournament I was doing much better than in the past. I believe she still requires a lot of hard work to succeed but I feel she as more of a fighting chance now.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
I like how she feels in 3.5, when I was facing Link yesterday in a tournament I was doing much better than in the past. I believe she still requires a lot of hard work to succeed but I feel she as more of a fighting chance now.
**** the Link/Tink fight. In 3.5 I think it's 70-30 Peach - Link and 65-35 Peach - Tink but they are soooo long and campy. Ugh I think I hate these matchups the most.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
she's like 3.02 peach but better since everyone else sucks now. i main more peach now because zelda's terrible now
As MTL Kyle said, the button input thing has really changed things though. She's better because of some of her changes, not just because everyone else sucks - though that is a big part of it.

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
i can do float cancelling easier yes, but it's not like I couldn't do those things before. no one has really in depth explored peach and it makes me sad, i'm really going to devote some time into exploring her.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
i can do float cancelling easier yes, but it's not like I couldn't do those things before. no one has really in depth explored peach and it makes me sad, i'm really going to devote some time into exploring her.
She just feels tighter. Just easier to do **** with. I had a pretty difficult time in previous versions doing FC Nair in place at stage level but now it's not that difficult. Also, yeah, there aren't that many Peach players and as such her meta is developing at a crawl. Hopefully now more people switch to Peach.

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
one technique that i feel like has gotten even better is peach bombing onto the ledge area on for example pokemon stadium 2. the hitbox usually hits the opponent and you can pretty much grab the ledge without having to worry about getting hit. since people hardly ever use this it's also a nice surprise for the opponent. and in 3.5 they can't ledge stall either so it's very useful

600th post woot

Last edited:

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
After looking at the frame data from the debug mode, I realized her down smash doesn't have invincibility hitboxes like in melee. Does that mean if I go on a platform and use down smash, the opponent can clank with me from below?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Debug mode only displays full-body invuln / intangibility / armor, it cannot display invuln / intangibility which is targeted to a certain bone's hurtbox, as is the case in Peach's D-smash. Her D-smash invuln was not removed, just not visible within the coding limitations of Debug Mode.

Last edited:

Deco-Nii

Smash Rookie
this may sound weird but,

Peach her dash to the right side is faster then the left side....i swear i played everystage and her animation is faster when shes running to the right then to the west and to make sure im not crazy i even asked my friend to judge and he said i was right....pleas go try it.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
this may sound weird but,

Peach her dash to the right side is faster then the left side....i swear i played everystage and her animation is faster when shes running to the right then to the west and to make sure im not crazy i even asked my friend to judge and he said i was right....pleas go try it.
I personally can't tell that it is any faster. They both look the same speed to me, but I could be wrong of course. But if this is true that's actually pretty funny

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
I really doubt it worked like this before, but peach bomber just seems to go through people A LOT of the time. It's pretty lame considering it's hard to actually land that mixup.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
I really doubt it worked like this before, but peach bomber just seems to go through people A LOT of the time. It's pretty lame considering it's hard to actually land that mixup.
Yeah I wouldn't ever try to land a peach bomber honestly, you can mix up with other things that don't have extreme lag. Even if you land the bomber it is so hard to followup because of how much end lag peach bomber has.

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't mean I gotta be cool with it just going through people. I got more of the Peach mindset down today a long with some of the DJL stuff (Is this the best way for me to get Dsmashes going foward? Anything else besides Dsmash, Uptilt, and turning around good with DJL?) and I did really well for the most part I just don't know all the best punishes/conversions and how to edgeguard everyone's recovery (I remember a Yoshi living forever and getting back most of the time.) There's a lot of unique stuff with her in P.M no one sees coming.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
The Parasol change is pretty substantial, it feels like it lost about a third of its height, getting spiked or semi spiked now is very scary. A lot of off-stage power was lost with this change and ledge hogging Peach will be much more frequent unfortunately.
Also it kinda killed a lot of potential parasol combo follow ups.

The removal of the landing lag that would happen when landing on stage directly after up b was nice but parasol is so short now that it doesn't seem relevant to this version of parasol.
I also find that I am accidentally fast falling through the edges more easily with parasol lately :(

I am disappointed that Peach got nerfed this patch regardless of her relative standing to the rest of the nerfed cast. I don't think it was necessary, PM Parasol was a perfect fusion of Brawl's height and Melee's fast fall.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
3.5 Peach is awesome, her DACUS is easier now, and the decreased height on parasol makes it easier to do all the Melee tricks with it.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
3.5 Peach is awesome, her DACUS is easier now, and the decreased height on parasol makes it easier to do all the Melee tricks with it.
You, There, Elaborate on the Parasol height/tricks.

I'm interested. and have no clue what you mean at all lol.
Most i knew about her in melee was Ghost/Ledge Turnip Pulling

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Also, I know that the only things altered were this:

Up Special (Parasol)
--Many small tweaks to have up-b behave like Melee up-b.
--Air animation was missing the initial dip which made it also go too high, now matches Melee.
--Landing while raising the parasol goes into special landing (4 frames) instead of up-b landing (30 frames) which occurs while parasol is fully up. Matches Melee.
--Raising parasol hitbox comes out a frame faster 11 -> 10 to match Melee.

Others
<--Air Dodge's enabling of gravity/fastfall/mobility begins 10 frames sooner to match Melee.

but I also feel there was a slight start-up frame increase to Peach Bomber/Side B. It may just be me, though, as I use her in Every Version of Smash, and 3DS Smash has a really quick start up.

Also, Love the Pink-Gold Peach easter egg (instead of turning Metal, she turns into PG Peach from MK8)

HelloAxi

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-6948-6908
I think her nerf was unnecessary. It's so small and insignificant that it won't change her style at all. What will happen is a lot of deaths will come from being so used to the sweetspot height until the new height is learned. Peach still has one of the best recoveries and this seems pointless and was only added because everyone else gets nerf gunned. I find my self doing walk off fairs and immediately using up b to return to stage quickly but finding that i just miss and die. All the nerf really does is require one more input (jump) to gain extra height. The nerf might OCCASIONALLY allow peach to get gimped.
So my feelings towards it include mild irritation.

Last edited:

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
I think her nerf was unnecessary. It's so small and insignificant that it won't change her style at all. What will happen is a lot of deaths will come from being so used to the sweetspot height until the new height is learned. Peach still has one of the best recoveries and this seems pointless and was only added because everyone else gets nerf gunned. I find my self doing walk off fairs and immediately using up b to return to stage quickly but finding that i just miss and die. All the nerf really does is require one more input (jump) to gain extra height. The nerf might OCCASIONALLY allow peach to get gimped.
So my feelings towards it include mild irritation.
I'm sure P:M only players are annoyed by this change, but from starting with Melee, I'm really glad about this change because I don't need to have 2 different sweetspot heights, it's pretty much universal across the two games now which is nice.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Whoa, also pretty sure this wasn't on the patch notes, but her DTilt no longer spikes. I know it did in 3.0, and after trying several different ways to go about it not a single spike, onto or off of stage. weird.

HelloAxi

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-6948-6908
Whoa, also pretty sure this wasn't on the patch notes, but her DTilt no longer spikes. I know it did in 3.0, and after trying several different ways to go about it not a single spike, onto or off of stage. weird.
I haven't had any issue with it. Maybe redownload it?

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Hijole.

I switched to ness after patch

Am I too weird?

(Nah I just suxxu lol)

Still, solid secondary ####notfogettinmisspeach

I am greatly displeased with how commonly malice and disdain are attributed to a written communication on the Internet.

Nevertheless, what was here previously was an imperfection. Apologies to any who were hurt.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
You, There, Elaborate on the Parasol height/tricks.

I'm interested. and have no clue what you mean at all lol.
Most i knew about her in melee was Ghost/Ledge Turnip Pulling
Basically, parasol ledge-stalling is safer now, since she remains invincible longer, and all of the changes made it much safer OoS, Peach has a real reversal again.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Can someone explain to me how Peach's DACUS is good? Her upsmash is arguably the worse move she has, and even being able to slide or whatever, I can't see how that makes it any better.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
@ Shell Shell while you're in the neighborhood, was Peach affected by the throw speed changes at all?
I'm pretty sure her item throw animations were already adjusted back in the day when we were looking at Turnip behavior but I'll look into this.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Can someone explain to me how Peach's DACUS is good? Her upsmash is arguably the worse move she has, and even being able to slide or whatever, I can't see how that makes it any better.
Toad is definitely her worst move, and her upsmash was very situational in Melee, but the fact that her DACUS goes decently far and has a weak hit that knocks opponents into the sweetspot gives it even more utility.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Toad is definitely her worst move, and her upsmash was very situational in Melee, but the fact that her DACUS goes decently far and has a weak hit that knocks opponents into the sweetspot gives it even more utility.
Huh. Interesting, I guess I'll have to do some more practicing with this. Although I don't think Toad is her worste move, it can be pretty useful in certain situations, like her upsmash in Melee.

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
It's just a thing to punish lag IMO. It really tells the other player "u don ****ed up" when you kill them off the top super early and get to pull at least 3 turnips.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
dthrow > DACUS. biggest buff from melee to PM. havent seen a single person do it yet besides me. wont work on FFers or super floaties, but works on most other characters, including characters like mewtwo. if they DI away, go for the dacus. if they DI up (which they are dumb to do) then straight up smash. ive been getting alot of kills with peach with this.

Top Bottom