• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you execute F-tilts consistently?

Tohoya

Smash Rookie
I always seem to use a dash attack whenever I want to use an F-tilt. I know that I can just hold the analog stick slightly in the direction to run instead of walk, but that can be fairly difficult. I wish it was like melee where you had to double tap the stick to run, and walking was the default...

undeadkirby

Smash Cadet
heh? you didnt double tap to run in melee, just slam the control stick like a smash attach without the attack. i have trouble doing an F-smash instead of F-tilt sometimes, just practice pressing right on the control stick with varying degrees of pressure till you find the one that you can do an F-tilt with every time

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
tilt the stick slightly, even a percent of the way, in the direction you wanna tap. Easy.

Sportsfan

Smash Rookie
I have a problem with this some times, as well. I find the easiest way to do it is to move (not smash) the stick in the direction you are moving and then hit A, after about a half second...you just don't want to do it too fast or it will smash instead.

Top Bottom