• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you beat a Samus...

C 3

Smash Ace
Powershield, duck under the missiles, wavedash out of shield and beat her down once u get close enough. Watch out for her neutral kick, huge range. Do your best to stay near the middle of the map, Samus can easily edge guard Luigi. Apply all those things, and if you need further help, let me know. Post up a video and it makes it easier to help you.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
I waveshield to get in close, or wavedodge (lol dont know proper name - Wavedash +spotdodge) Both good approaches to get in close, as C3 said, try to stay away from that ledge, heh. Abuse the platforms if any, and make every hit count as KOing a Samus isint preticularly easy. Ahh, and dont forget to taunt. =p

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
...who only uses Gun Blast? It is the most annoying style of play I've ever seen. :mad:
Do you mean by "gun blast" the charge shoot, missiles, bombs, or all three???
The best way to beat a camper is to not let them camp!!!
man i am smart...

Redragon

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Samus kind of owns Luigi in my opinion.

Your best bet is probably to try to get under Samus...she's really weak when she's above you in the air.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
thers a space between eash gunblas,t thats when u gotta wave shield, and ull get near to her/him. becasful with sex kick, try to dodge the hit when ur near him or mindgame samus..

British Geezer

Smash Cadet
(Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but I forgot all about it until now.)

Thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely use these strategies next time I play.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
You should definitely bair alot at close range. Samus is difficult to combo effectively with weegie. Spacing is very important and bair is your best spaced aerial. The reason this match is so hard is the following.

1. Staying on the ground means staying in the shield and moving forward between various projectiles. A good Samus will CC down smash when you get close or jump and run away. If this is how you play the samus will go for a quick hit when you are close, distance herself and start over.

2. Coming in the air makes you very vulnerable to nair.

The best approach is being a combination of the two. You have to make samus miss her attack and then counter attack. Block a d smash and wd in and d smash.
The key is: Get close and stay close. Go for well spaced bairs alot because any other double aerial can be interrupted by and up B.

Although samus's recovery is ridiculously good, it is somewhat predictable. Jump off the stage and bair her if she uses her grapple. Edge hog and ftilt if she uses her up B. Get her off and rack up damage while she is off.

For some reason I find samus players fall into spot dodge up B and wd spot dodge up B alot too. At pound 2 I player this guy who lost all for of his sami stock to shoryukens(up B).

Although samus is a tough matchup for weegie, Most samus players don't really know what to do against luigi.

Top Bottom