• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I punish Falco's LHDL?

Berble

Smash Apprentice
How do I punish Falco's ledgehop double laser? A lot of times I can predict that a Falco will go for it in a match but I still feel lost on punishing it.

Super

Smash Apprentice
A bit of it depends on the timing/heights of their LHDL. You can go over them and hit them with an aerial, or wait on a platform and hit them with an aerial. You can also take the laser(s) and throw out a move, such CC shine or shine oos.

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
Your position on the stage in relation to the ledge matters. It's going to be harder to punish if you're standing in the middle of the stage, obviously. Personally, I like camping the side platform and then dropping with a bair just as their second laser comes out. Another option is waiting by the ledge and then shield both the lasers as Falco ledge hops, then shine OoS.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
if u know he's gonna do it just crouch near the ledge and shine after the second laser hits u
falco will die

Last edited:

Landry

Smash Ace
On stages with platforms you can stand on the platform with your back facing the ledge. Falco shouldn't LHDL in this situation, but many will by force of habit. Drop through the platform > back air.

unrendered

Smash Rookie
Powershield. Also depends on the char and stage. On some stages you can jump on a platform to dodge them. You can also float over them with Peach for example.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
If Falco it's smart about it, it's pretty hard to punish. Dumb Falco LHDL is about the freest kill you can get. Wait on platform, drop down Back-air. Full hop N-air also works wonders in clipping them, and then shine spike them.

Top Bottom