• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I keep myself motivated?

BlackSoL

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty new myself, and all i do to stay motivated is remember why I started: to get better. If i don't finish what i started, it would make me feel bad like I wasted so much of my time practicing to just give up in the end. I also like to watch my favorite top players, it seems to help me, it might do the same for you. You could say: "If i keep going, i could be like one of those players."

JeezImSoBored

Smash Apprentice
Fix all the mistakes you can find one at a time and try out different things/theories and implement them to your game. This game is hard but nobody is even close to playing the way this game is capable of being played imo.

JKJ

Smash Ace
To stay motivated, give yourself a goal to focus on for each play session (ex. roll less, shield drop, dash dance more, play more methodically, etc.) and try to make that goal happen. Once you start seeing the results, motivation will come.

Top Bottom