• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do I Frickin' Choose, People!?!?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Just pick and play who you like, I play over 10 characters, big deal.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
On melee I used to play Kirby and then I moved onto Sheik, then Falco, then Marth, then back to Falco, then to Samus, then back to Falco, then I kept trying everyone, played Link for a bit, etc etc, then I finally got back to Samus (who I'm playing right now while i'm waiting for Brawl).

I suggest you just choose someone who you think looks appealing, feels good to you and at the moment looks likje a high tier and practice with them. That's what I'll be doing.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
On melee I used to play Kirby and then I moved onto Sheik, then Falco, then Marth, then back to Falco, then to Samus, then back to Falco, then I kept trying everyone, played Link for a bit, etc etc, then I finally got back to Samus (who I'm playing right now while i'm waiting for Brawl).
You might want to move back to Falco or someone for Brawl, I hear Samus is not very good in it :(

Personally I was a Pikachu main in Melee, and I intended to stay that way for Brawl. But earlier today I was at a Brawl tournament at my school, I was originally going to use Pikachu, but I said "What the hell, I'll use Snake instead." And I ended up placing 3rd out of maybe 50 people, and I had a blast doing it. So Snake is probably who I'm going to main from now on.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Just pick who feels the most comfortable. If you just think they look cool, but don't enjoy their playstyle, you probably shouldn't pick them. You should be able to at least play your main comfortably (Well, you could pick them and try to get better...whatever's good with you). The road to my main was kinda rocky. When Ike was first announced I was like, "Cool. It's that dude from Path of Radiance!" So I thought, Ok, let's use him. But then two people I knew wanted to use him and I decided, "No, I don't wanna use the same character as those guys." THEN, when they BOTH said, "I dun wanna use Ike n e moar." I swooped in and took him as my main. You might find your main instantly, or take a while like me.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
...sorry...But really. I've been playing brawl since 64, I'm pretty good as everyone! How do you think I should choose a main, and how did you decide on a main?

Sounds a bit odd, doesn't it?

Just play thm all, and chose the one you like playng as the best.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Don't, play with several characters. It is always good to have multiple mains anyways if you get bored with one.

Top Bottom