• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i fight Luigi?

CQC_SNAKE

Smash Cadet
i use snake and im kinda of skared of him because of his dangerous UP-B:( among other things.does any1 know what i should to to beat luigi?!?!:urg:

Player01

Smash Journeyman
snake scared of luigi???????????????????

what about your tilts. luigis up b is set up by his jabs. so be scared of the jabs lol.

but seriously snake has more range and can camp. and shield grab a lot of luigis aerials, dont forget snakes d throw is a great set up.

this really shouldnt be that hard.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
You should have posted this in the snake forums, you'll get ALOT of more helpful input.
^^^this is your best bet. i just wasnt sure how good the luigi your playing is. if he uses up b alot then even chic's advice should get you the win:laugh:

boss8

Smash Hero
snakes should fear luigi....

due to luigi's enable to combo heavy characters into death range of up-b

also putting pressure on them by jabbing and making them think its gonna happen....

i see your fear my friend....

Player01

Smash Journeyman
snakes should fear luigi....

due to luigi's enable to combo heavy characters into death range of up-b

also putting pressure on them by jabbing and making them think its gonna happen....

i see your fear my friend....
this sounds like an expert luigi and in that case you should be scared. and up b is a very good move but its a risk and isnt done that often. right?

Eten

Smash Ace
Yeah Snake's by far the easiest of the top tiers for Luigi. Snake has to pretty much just resort to broken tilt spam and hope you're too hard to KO so you'll win out in the end.

Luigi will just nair through your upsmash, he puts out too many hitboxes in short hop double aerials to get him with your dash attack canceled upsmash attempts, Luigi has an easy time out-manuevering Snake's aerials, so use all of your b-move explosives, just be CAREFUL because they won't trip up a good Luigi and rely on your tilts.

boss8

Smash Hero
this sounds like an expert luigi and in that case you should be scared. and up b is a very good move but its a risk and isnt done that often. right?
its only a risk at high percents the easiest combo for luigi is....

dthrow...techchase...utilt...utilt...tornado(on the ground) tech chase nair...uair.....bam...snakes already at enough % to be up-b'ed.....but he's obviously gonna expect it so why not toy with him by jabbing......:laugh:

Player01

Smash Journeyman
its only a risk at high percents the easiest combo for luigi is....

dthrow...techchase...utilt...utilt...tornado(on the ground) tech chase nair...uair.....bam...snakes already at enough % to be up-b'ed.....but he's obviously gonna expect it so why not toy with him by jabbing......:laugh:
can u do that "combo" or did u just make that up because that sounds hard to pull off. :laugh:

couldnt you also use fsmash instead, which is harder to punish though it isnt as strong. personally i dont use up b that much.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Yeah Snake's by far the easiest of the top tiers for Luigi. Snake has to pretty much just resort to broken tilt spam and hope you're too hard to KO so you'll win out in the end.

Luigi will just nair through your upsmash, he puts out too many hitboxes in short hop double aerials to get him with your dash attack canceled upsmash attempts, Luigi has an easy time out-manuevering Snake's aerials, so use all of your b-move explosives, just be CAREFUL because they won't trip up a good Luigi and rely on your tilts.
I would challenge you on this. I think Falco is probably the easiest (assuming you ban FD), but Snake would be next. Neither of these are super easy per se, but I think Luigi can definately hold his own just fine. MK and Marth are really tough, and D3 and Rob aren't so bad. Anyway, thats my take on it.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I would challenge you on this. I think Falco is probably the easiest (assuming you ban FD), but Snake would be next. Neither of these are super easy per se, but I think Luigi can definately hold his own just fine. MK and Marth are really tough, and D3 and Rob aren't so bad. Anyway, thats my take on it.
It just be me...But I think Marth is the easiest Top tier Match up to me @_@. It might just be personal playing style, but I wreck Marths. Just pop Snake in the air, and go to town with comboing him to UpB kill range or w.e Boss said. Wait...this thread is supposed to help a Snake beat Luigi...

In that case...DON"T get knocked into the air? :{ Just play super campy until Luigi makes a mistake, or gets bored idk.

Eten

Smash Ace
Yeah, play super campy with the tilts until Luigi gets bored and gets hit by the tilts. That's my advice. Damage build with the ftilt, KO with the uptilt.

@LuigiKing. I guess I didn't realize Falco was top tier. I knew he has an awesome chaingrab which gives him a lot going for him on certain match-ups against most of Top Tier but I never figured he'd go so far as to be top tier. Cause, well, he certainly isn't Top Tier difficulty for Luigi in my humble experience.

@ALiAsVee, Marth? -REALLY- Marth is haaard. Fast aerials with disjointed hitbox and the inability to rack up damage ftl

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I cannot fight a side tilt spamming snake.
You know, I can't either. I talk about how I can fight snake's, but I really can't fight good ones. I was super confident with my anti snake game up until recently when I had to play this guy Kamaji in tourney. I got two stocked, pretty much from forward tilt spam. If spaced properly, combined with grenades... well... it sucks. :(

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Yeah, play super campy with the tilts until Luigi gets bored and gets hit by the tilts. That's my advice. Damage build with the ftilt, KO with the uptilt.

@LuigiKing. I guess I didn't realize Falco was top tier. I knew he has an awesome chaingrab which gives him a lot going for him on certain match-ups against most of Top Tier but I never figured he'd go so far as to be top tier. Cause, well, he certainly isn't Top Tier difficulty for Luigi in my humble experience.

@ALiAsVee, Marth? -REALLY- Marth is haaard. Fast aerials with disjointed hitbox and the inability to rack up damage ftl
I don't have a big problem with him because its so space heavy, it really boils down to who can zone the other guy better. Granted, I'm at a disadvantage, but properly timed fireballs do justice here. Plus Marth isn't too hard to gimp. Tornados to shift the tide of battle also keep my game in check.

CQC_SNAKE

Smash Cadet
BOOM! no mo problems

I don't have a big problem with him because its so space heavy, it really boils down to who can zone the other guy better. Granted, I'm at a disadvantage, but properly timed fireballs do justice here. Plus Marth isn't too hard to gimp. Tornados to shift the tide of battle also keep my game in check.
yeah my friend uses luigi and those tornados used to really mess up my game intil i stared dropin nades on him and BOOM no more :luigi: tornado problems.lol:laugh:

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
yeah my friend uses luigi and those tornados used to really mess up my game intil i stared dropin nades on him and BOOM no more :luigi: tornado problems.lol:laugh:
They should be out prioritized by a tornado in the air, unless you are cooking them. I didn't suggest spamming tornados, just be artistic in your approach.

Eten

Smash Ace
You know, I can't either. I talk about how I can fight snake's, but I really can't fight good ones. I was super confident with my anti snake game up until recently when I had to play this guy Kamaji in tourney. I got two stocked, pretty much from forward tilt spam. If spaced properly, combined with grenades... well... it sucks. :(
It is all about who can out-patience the other. Brawl at its worst. Fake him out into his tilt spamming, fireball spam a bit, poke at him with bairs, etc. Whichever guy plays more aggressive loses. Snakes are usually prepared to be more campy than Luigi players are.

CQC_SNAKE

Smash Cadet
It is all about who can out-patience the other. Brawl at its worst. Fake him out into his tilt spamming, fireball spam a bit, poke at him with bairs, etc. Whichever guy plays more aggressive loses. Snakes are usually prepared to be more campy than Luigi players are.
im actually a more aggressive :snake: but i always decide to try new things on opponent to keep them guessing but sometimes it doesnt workout:(.ill be super prepared for the tourney with all this help.lol

P.s: I **** :metaknight:'s so i dont have to worry about him.lol(thats was kinda random):laugh:

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Srsly, snake's like by far easiest in top tier in matchup. Just go campy/throw those sexyful brokenful tilts and you'll do fine. Just don't get hit AT all by luigi starter combo moves like utilts and nairs or expect pretty soon a shoryuken to the face

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
A good Snake is very frightening against a good Wigi. Snake's tilts reach all the way to the moon and grenade shielding is fantastic against Wigi's constant offense. Of course, once Snake goes offstage or in the air it's pretty much over. Then it's one up tilt to doom.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I like do go slow against Snake, let him come to you. He forces Weegee to play differently. Because Snakes tilts go a long way.

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
chic i recommend you to count the time , snakes usually keep an internal timer of the nades and c4, it will make nades predictable i will set an example , if nade explodes in 5 seconds and he has held it for 4 , he will throw it or drop-shield it , by narrowing down the possibilities of what they will do you will improve substantially. remember snake has the weirdest hitboxes on his tilts and he can crouch through your fireballs , i would say nair is your best approach.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
chic i recommend you to count the time , snakes usually keep an internal timer of the nades and c4, it will make nades predictable i will set an example , if nade explodes in 5 seconds and he has held it for 4 , he will throw it or drop-shield it , by narrowing down the possibilities of what they will do you will improve substantially. remember snake has the weirdest hitboxes on his tilts and he can crouch through your fireballs , i would say nair is your best approach.
I like that, I always tried to keep a internal timer in my head when he has a nade and a C4 out. But yeah, shield nading/tilt spamming snakes are kinda tough -.-.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
When fighting Snake, don't just knock him off the side and expect to fight him off stage, because you will die. And you can't be too defensive because Snake has so many explosives and grenades. He can flush you out with those. I think a rising nnair, or a down-b approach. But when you are close you must really utilize Luigi's KO moves; like fsmashes, UpBs (dangerous), Usmashes, etc.
Don't think you can just combo him in the air because he is good there.
If you want to win, fight him in BF, kinda small to be spammed by tilts too badly, and the platforms will really help your nair approach. And the platforms may help you survive when you do a rising cyloclone.
In the end, just stay alert and keep you're finger near the R button, but when you get in close be ready to kill.

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
hell yeah be ready to kill, if youre fighting on bf beware REALLY good snakes know hot to plant c4s in the edge , but really on the edge like on the side like this

>.

yeah the point is the c4, and well if youre not careful he can utilt you into a a mine on a platform or something , try to camp the highest platform , shield a lot because he will start nading until he is tired and starts to approach you , be creative , use vertical killing moves on the high platform because they kill early. ledge spike his cypher when you can with bair, and remember you have platforms to aid you with aerial combos.

crewster

Smash Lord
use projectiles, don't let him get close to you until the final blow. That pretty much sums it up.

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
that pretty much sums it up for every luigi matchup meant to be played defensively

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah.

i played a good g+w today, and i was spacing PERFECTLY with fairs and fireballs anddnairs and tonrados, throwing out fireballs at all the right times, then he starts trying to bucket. them. so i stop frieballing pretty much alltogether, then he owns me..what do i do?

CQC_SNAKE

Smash Cadet
stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah be ready to kill, if youre fighting on bf beware REALLY good snakes know hot to plant c4s in the edge , but really on the edge like on the side like this

>.

yeah the point is the c4, and well if youre not careful he can utilt you into a a mine on a platform or something , try to camp the highest platform , shield a lot because he will start nading until he is tired and starts to approach you , be creative , use vertical killing moves on the high platform because they kill early. ledge spike his cypher when you can with bair, and remember you have platforms to aid you with aerial combos.
ARE YOU SERIOUS!camping on the highest platform on bf is not sucha smart idea:chuckle:i my snake would just mortar the f**k out of you intil your forced to come out of hiding.your best bet is to rush snake before he starts his mind games or his traps get him in the air and rpe him til he crys.
P.S: i like how this turned into a tread about how to beat snake than help snake beat wiji:laugh:

WIGI

Smash Champion
its the same topic. how to beat wigi is ultimatly telling luigi how nto to be beat. and vice versa.

and thanks for the g+w tips. what percent can a bucket with 3 fireballs kill me?

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
cqc yeah i pretty much know ppl think its a bad idea, but by camping i dont mean stay still on that platform and if he mortars shield , you should obviously move my entire point is to try to take advantage of the platforms and use the high platform for early kills , there you like it better this way?

btw rushing snake can be a good idea, however many ppl here have problems with nades , so thats why i tried to answer something different rather than the already known" sh nair is a good approach"
Many ppl also seem to have problems with side tilting snakes, and you snakes know you have big weird hitboxes, rushing is not that good idea, its just good to mix things up.

Top Bottom