• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do i fight a spammer wolf?

githilyak

Smash Rookie
Ive watched the king dedede videos in the "official" thread, however all the wolf players play much different then my friend.

Hes a nub to wolf, and just rolls far away and spams the gun over and over and over, Im forced to shield roll towards him in which case his gun either throws me back again or he uses his simple forward c-stick which seems to have absolutely no cooldown time between uses.

He spams the gun, but the gun isnt the hardest part, it just rakes up damage, I find his forward c-stick is just ridiculasly fast, he can spam it twice before i can do one of mine, which means he can screw his timeing up completly and mine can be perfect, but he gets another shot.

Basically all he does is those two moves, and the wolf players in the videos do a lot of jump back air kicks.

Anyway its really annoying, it feels a little broken even, but im not a very good dedede player yet.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Perfect shield (or w/e its called now) lasers and that Fsmash. It seems like you already know it's coming so you can anticipate it with a Pshield then CG him across the lane afterwards. Odds are that he wont change up his style even if he's gettin slumpt because you said he's a newb :-P. But yeah, just Pshield hits and grab/tilt/take advantage.

githilyak

Smash Rookie
im not familiar with the lingo made up for the community yet =)

What is perfect shielding?

Also, another question, what do you do if he doesnt attack, only sits there and waits until you attack, then dodges (whatever makes him invincible to my attack) then hits me while im recovering my my swing., he does this over and over and over, thats another of his styles, only ever does those two.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Perfect shield is when you pop up your shield right when (or slightly before) you get hit. It makes a different noise then a normal shield. To test it out, have someone shoot/throw a projectile at you and try to shield it. If you do it right, it will make a higher pitched "clink" noise (you know what I mean :-P). Since youre a DDD player, you're gonna be grabbing left and right so if he's sitting there just grab him. If you know he's gonna spot dodge anticipate it and wait.

BlackWaive

Smash Rookie
I've also had problems against a spammer-Wolf. If your shield gets too small, Wolf's F-smash can still hit you.

Tyser

Smash Champion
You can always dodge those Fsmashes also. Fsmash spamming Wolves are a lot easier than people think they are as long as you know what youre doing. Just spot dodge/shield + grab because that's all DDD has got on Wolf, but its enough to devastate him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
DDD has an advantage over Wolf, mostly do to his chaingrab and the fact that Waddle Dees cancel his laser. A Wolf, that spams his fsmash is very easy to defeat. Just block the whole attack (fsmash has two hits!) and you can easily punish him. Besides, fsmash spam is used by newbies only. Most good Wolfs prefer either Blaster or bair spam. Fsmash is for punishment only.

If you only want to avoid the laser, it's easy. You can just throw a Waddle Dee into it.

githilyak

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the good advice all, I guess i need to perfect perfect shielding and learn to chain grab before facing him again.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Defeating Wolf without Chaingrab can be hard for DDD. It makes the battle much easier

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
Pick BF or Smashville

Ledges ruin wolfs laser spam...

Perfect shielding is also a good idea

Top Bottom