• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I dsmash Metaknight?

Cboy

Smash Rookie
This is no easy way to say how to perform a down smash on meta knight. It really depends on a few factors.
1. Who you are playing.
2. How you play. (aggressive, or defensive).

I personally found it very easy to get meta knight with a down smash from playing very aggressive and relentless. Meta knight is a character that is able to force his will with his quickness and speedy attack. If you limit his space to create an approach and fight him aggressively you will have countless opportunities to get him with a down smash, i also would recommend checking your spacing before attempting a down smash. i would go for a down smash when meta knight is at a far enough distance where if he shields he is unable to capitalize.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Press Down and A at the same time, and immediately let go. Or you could always charge it.

Kyriel

Smash Cadet
This is no easy way to say how to perform a down smash on meta knight. It really depends on a few factors.
1. Who you are playing.
2. How you play. (aggressive, or defensive).

I personally found it very easy to get meta knight with a down smash from playing very aggressive and relentless. Meta knight is a character that is able to force his will with his quickness and speedy attack. If you limit his space to create an approach and fight him aggressively you will have countless opportunities to get him with a down smash, i also would recommend checking your spacing before attempting a down smash. i would go for a down smash when meta knight is at a far enough distance where if he shields he is unable to capitalize.
Playing aggressively against Meta Knight is a bad idea. Meta Knight's aggressive potential is so so so much higher than ZSS's. It's like trying to scratch a diamond with limestone. I still think the safest way to land a DSmash is through punishing a failed UPB glide attack. Of course, there are other small openings where Meta is vulnerable.

If you foresee a Dash Attack, you can foxtrot forward and spot dodge with the hopes of MK missing the Dash Attack and spacing himself so that you are out of the range all his ground attacks--this would be followed up with a DSmash.

Same opportunity could arise should a MK overshoot his SideB.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You're facepalming me? Wow, what have these boards come to?

There's no 'one way' in which you can downsmash Meta Knight, because everybody will not play the same way. You might as well be asking "How do I win?"

smaci92

Smash Lord
You're facepalming me? Wow, what have these boards come to?

There's no 'one way' in which you can downsmash Meta Knight, because everybody will not play the same way. You might as well be asking "How do I win?"
Ya I made this thread like a month ago, and then some random person on the ZSS boards came and commented, and now everyone's looking at it. I know how to dsmash meta knight now anyways....

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
you can probobly just outrange metaknight with good spacing but to dsmash youd probobly have to get him oos doing one of his shorter ranged attack.. like dtilt or you can bait it by just shielding and then when they dtilt to hit your weak shield dsmash? idk:pP

Top Bottom