• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U How do I download DLC after buying it on the Wii U

Mr. Gency

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mister-Gency
3DS FC
2552-3708-9647
So I bought the Wii U and 3DS bundles for Lucas and our boy and (eventually) downloaded them onto my Wii U, but the 3DS store refuses to acknowledge that such a purchase was made. I know for a fact I bought the bundles and not just the Wii U characters (I mean I've spent almost an hour looking at the eShop). At first I thought it was just a issue with all the bumper to bumper traffic, but now that everyone's gotten their DLC of choice and I can get onto the eShop without too much trouble, I'm still asked to part with another $8 for the pair.

What gives? What do I do? Why is this happening to me?

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Wait, are you saying that you don't have it on your 3DS?

Have you checked the receipt on your purchase on the Wii U, because they contain the DLC content codes for the 3DS version.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
A few people have been having this problem, including me. It's just because the servers are so busy. Just give it 10-15 minutes and reopen the game, it should pop up. If not, you can always delete the content and redownload it.

Edit: Ah, I thought you were having an issue others were having. But yeah, you just go on the reciept you get from buying it on the Wii U and get the codes from there.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Keep note that the 3DS eShop is a separate software title that can't be used while playing any software titles. DLC codes will not work there, so you'll have to go to Smash 3DS's DLC Shop to use the 3DS DLC codes.

Mr. Gency

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mister-Gency
3DS FC
2552-3708-9647
I was not aware I needed to enter a code to get the 3DS content and am a little embarrassed to have not figured it out before making a thread about it.

I bet there was a message about it that I skipped past.

Top Bottom